“Five star plus”
Review of Skewd

Skewd
Reserve with OpenTable
Skewd is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 133 Restaurants in Barnet
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife is hard to impress (believe me, I've been with her for 32 years)

At the end of tonight's meal at Skewd, where she actually had a prawn starter and a mixed sea food kebab, she sat back and enthused that it was one of the very best she'd ever had.

Why this restaurant hasn't got a Michelin star is beyond me.

I had scallops followed by Wagu Beef kebab and I am still smiling as I write this review.

We ended the night sharing the baked Alaska. As the waitress poured flaming alcohol over the soft Italian meringue other tables started videoing our food. It was as close as I was going to let them get. Devils food cake on one half and dark nutty ice cream on the other........words fail.

Do not be put off by the unassuming parade of shops, book yourself in for an over charcoal experience you will remember for a long time.

3  Thank markfairweather

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been here a couple of times now, both times with my husband and little toddler. Staff are attentive and make you feel very welcome.

The restaurant is a good size and decor is very contemporary and stylish. We have on both occasions been there at lunch times and ordered from the three course menu priced at £13.99. I definitely recommend the hot chicken liver for starters, it is so delicious and a very good portion. For mains I went for the lamb shish. It is very minimal accompanied with a small salad but the quality is delicious. It is cooked to perfection and there is enough fat on there to make it really juicy. For dessert we were recommended to have the blueberry cheesecake and walnut cake. My God it was one of the best cheesecakes I’ve ever tasted. It was so fresh, light and a beautiful concoction with the fresh raspberries on top. The walnut cake is so moist and wholesome......I would go there for the desserts alone.

The restaurant is a wholesome restaurant, classy and minimal yet you leave feeling very content. I highly recommend a visit soon.

2  Thank Sultan_Hassan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for dinner at Skewd on my home from work, we didn’t have a reservation but they found a table for us. We shared a starter of octopus and flat bread, the octopus was so tender and full of flavour. I had Ali Nazik for main with salad and rice, once again it was full of flavour, a really treat. The service was excellent I will certainly be going back.

2  Thank munsy_uk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really good customer service, great ambience but let down by restricted halal choices.

Having said that, the lamb and chicken shish was delicious, the roasted veg and salads were mouthwatering and refreshing. I would recommend this place if you’re happy with just chicken and lamb shish.

2  Thank mashman123456
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to Skewd Kitchen for brunch as we fancied something other than another eggs benedict. Have to say we were all really impressed, something different, the food was really good and the staff were very attentive. Chef came over to say hello and sent us over his French toast as an extra to share for the table. Defiantly going back for another visit.

2  Thank AJW_DJW