“Lovely, clean, cosy well equipped cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Kitchen and dining area
Enter a caption for your photo
Twin bedroom
Twin bedroom
The view of Crocus Cottage from the courtyard.
Patio area outside Crocus Cottage, with a sturdy wooden bench and a patio table and chairs.
The view looking south from Embleton Bay, with Dunstanburgh Castle in the background.
The view looking north from Embleton Bay, just a stroll up the beach to the village of Low Newton.
Enter a caption for your photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Linda H
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Average and not cosy”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

No heating on when we arrived so the cottage was not cosy the fan heater did not work and with arriving later than planned we sat with blankets around us while watching the small TV.
Do feel the cost per night over priced, I visit Northumberland a lot and this is the first time I have stayed in a cottage I will not book again. The cottage was clean but covered in dos and don't lists everywhere you looked even at side of the cooker hood.
Feel you need to drop your price and also put some clear glass in the window of the double bedroom feels like a cell. I could go on and on and would of complained if I was staying for a week, asking also for us to strip the beds when paying £80 a night plus extra for booking fees well that's the best one yet. Sorry if you are not happy with my review but that's what trip advisor is all about.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Going out
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 Apr 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to submit feedback regarding your stay in Crocus Cottage.

I find it strange that you say that there was no heating on and the cottage was cold when you arrived as I made an 80 mile round trip on the day of your arrival to warm the cottage up and leave the heating on for you. The heat was quite overpowering when I left so I turned all the heaters down to no.2 but left them on. This was at 12.30pm in anticipation of the early check-in that you requested and that I was happy to agree to. I'm sure if you arrived later than the 3pm check-in you requested the cottage will have been less cosy than both of us would have liked, however, I timed my visit to correspond to your requested arrival time. I will have the fan heater looked at right away, but you could of course have contacted me about this during your stay if it was a problem (my number is on one of the 'many' notices around the cottage) instead of saving it up to complain about on Trip Advisor.

With regards to the cottage being 'covered' in dos and don'ts lists 'everywhere you looked' - there are actually two notices - one by the cooker hood and one by the door. We have found that our guests appreciate knowing how to reset the cooker if the power goes off, how the shower works and where the nearest payphone is in case of emergencies.

We always welcome feedback from our guests and we aim to do everything we can to ensure that our guests' stays are as comfortable and relaxed as possible. Whilst the majority of the feedback we have had so far suggests that we are succeeding in this aim, we certainly don't take this for granted and always act on credible feedback to further improve the quality of the product we offer.

Kind regards,

John
Cosy Retreats
PnJB
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely, clean, cosy well equipped cottage”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Booking was easy, received a helpful email with details of location, wifi password etc. The cottage was in a quiet location despite being close to a hotel, The cottage was beautifully clean and well equipped the bed linen was crisp and clean. The beach is breathtakingly beautiful.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
LindaPywe...
“Ideal, contemporary, pristine ,wee cottage!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Had great service, from my welcome email.... Until one at the end of my stay.
Although everything was perfect, I'm sure any problems occurring would've been resolved.
Crocus cottage, was spotless and well equipped, in a superb location.
I have already booked to return for a week this summer!

Travelling group: Teenagers
mattels10
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Perfect Stay”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Great little cottage for a weekend or short break!! Perfectly equipped with everything you need on arrival. Great location with a beautiful beach 5 main walk awy , welcoming pubs and short drive to local landmarks! Couldn't recommend the cottages enough.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Going home!!!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Daniel h
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great cottage, Great Location!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Crocus was everything we hoped for and more. It was clean, very well equipped, warm and in a very convenient location. Our girls made use of Wi-Fi in the evening and we found the kitchen had everything we needed to rustle up the occasional meal! The information folder was clear and useful with everything we wanted to know (and a bit more!) Very near a beautiful beach and fantastic food in local pubs!
Overall, very, very impressed as there are too few places with such good amenities which will allow a dog. We may come back in the future!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Exactly as advertised!
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing