“OK”
Review of The Green Man

The Green Man
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tucked away deep within the Cambridgeshire countryside, The Green Man champions time-honoured British fare from a trusty menu. Tender beef cheek croquette and braised ox tongue matched with mature Suffolk blue cheese, heritage tomatoes and colourful nasturtium leads the light bites on The Green Man menu, while tenderloin, belly and head of pork slow-cooked in cider steers the main courses. Enjoy a golden cask ale or cider in the sprawling beer garden, or keep warm inside with the cosy woodburner and squashy armchairs.
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A bit basic but lovely setting. Decent-ish food. £14 for sausage and mash is a bit on the steep side to be fair, based on the quality.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick beer on a cold wet morning. Great wood fireplace was blazing and warm. Good selection of beers and cask ales.

TheGreenMan1, Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Found this pub when searching for a dog friendly place to have lunch with my daughter as she’s at Uni in Cambridge.
Called ahead to make sure that the dog friendly advice in the website was still current and also that there was parking and the staff were really friendly and helpful.
Feeling good about the prospect of visiting on such a cold day.
Our welcome was really friendly although it was quite small and full, we managed to squeeze into a table and place our order.
The prices seemed quite high but the menu was very interesting and offered plenty of veggie options. It was a freezing cold day and we needed something nice to warm us up.
We ordered slow cooked belly of pork, goats cheese and roasted veg
Wellington ( both from the specials menu)and mushroom and brie burger in a brioche bun served with coleslaw and fries.
It took quite a while for the food to turn up and when it did we were only given forks. The waitress said she would bring knives and condiments straight back.
It took ages for her to return and we were sat in front of plates of food that were getting cold quickly.
My mushroom burger wasn’t served in a brioche bun, just a normal soft floured bun. The mushroom burger wasn’t a mushroom burger but two small fried portobello mushrooms. The brie on top was as promised, served with the unusual cobnut pesto.
I asked where my slaw was and the waitress rushed back to the kitchen to enquire and was told that it was in the bun.
I was disappointed and scraped the now tepid coleslaw on to my plate.
It really was not very nice and nothing like the menu promised.
None of the meals were plated very nicely. They looked plonked onto the plate but my fiancé and daughter said that there’s were pleasant enough.
When I went to pay the waitress asked if the food was good and I said that I was disappointed with the quality if my food and she looked embarrassed and said sorry.
In summary not a place for good food and pricey. Probably better for a swift drink.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Visited with our son and daughter in law, my wife had the gluten free fish and chips (absolutely great) the “normal” f & c were also very good. Daughter in law had the veggie option which she really enjoyed and son the lamb shank. We were all full but managed to share a dessert. Couldn’t fault the food or friendly service in a nice relaxed atmosphere. Dogs are welcome.

TheGreenMan1, Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

This is what you call a little slice of heaven, a true traditional pub with open fireplace & wooden beams in the cutest village setting. It offers way more character then the other options in the village. The food is good & hearty, lemon tart is best I have had in years. We had a great chat with the American owner - he was very passionate about the beer he was selling & let us try before we ordered. It’s a very cool place & we will be 100% back on next visit to Cambridge.

Thank you for your feedback.
Look forward to seeing you again soon.