Lowest prices for your stay
US$28
Hotels.com
US$28
Agoda.com
US$25
Booking.comUS$28
Trip.comUS$32
TravelocityUS$28
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We stayed in August 2016 for 2 nights.
The location is walking distance from the coach station, tour booking offices, restaurants, bars and market stalls.
We were greeted by Gerard's son who was very friendly, gave us loads of advice on booking tours and what to do in the area.
Although breakfast wasn't included, there was tea/ coffee and one morning one of the hosts had brought fresh mangosteen (local fruit) for us all to try.
The room was basic but had everything you needed. The bathroom was shared but always clean and maintained so really didn't bother us.
The only thing i would say was that the other guest staying at the time happened to be quite loud with young children, but this was just unfortunate!

Overall a really pleasant stay with excellent hosts!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tessa_M_21
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We had an awesome time here in cameron Highlands. Our hosts were really friendly helped us alot with bringing us ti the beginning of trails for hiking because they are so hard to find. And they were very hospitable the whole family is really nice! Big recommend!

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank jaapsmit88
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed for two nights and really enjoyed it. Such a quiet and lovely guesthouse!
Staff was very friendly and helpful, we got lots of very detailed information about the hikes, the sights and the restaurants. There even is a little garden where you can sit outside in the green and recover from your hikes. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank Anna K
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a week from the 21st to the 27th and could not had a better time if I tried. The guesthouse is on a hill next to the Heritage Hotel. If it's your first time in Cameron, you should take a taxi (next to the bus station) to it, otherwise you can enjoy the relative quiet and fresh air on the walk up.

Upon my arrival I was met by Jay and Joshua and they had been very accomodating and gracious hosts all throughout my stay. Pleasant sandalwood scent always kept the guesthouse feeling fresh, as did the garden and outdoor seating area in which you can relax and take in all of the fresh air and bird sounds. The cleaning staff kept the place absolutely clean and spotless the entire time I was there. It's a perfect cozy place to retire with a book and tea after a long day of hiking, I and dozed off like a baby in the room I was given.

As is typical of remote areas in Malaysia, you have to be prepared for setbacks that are not in anybody's control. Do not expect blazing fast WiFi, perfect weather, or well-marked signs and routes. Some of the comments before me are silly, as the guesthouse controls neither of these things. Guess what, youre in the MOUNTAINS in a developing Asian country; it rains alot, theres barely any reception, and it's hilly. What were you expecting? The bad reviews before me must just be cranky.

Furthermore, Joshua was a great host to me. He's always very open to conversation and gave me great tips on the hiking trails and the sights to see. Jay is always friendly and reachable by phone, even at night, and even went through the trouble of driving me to the bus station on my last day.

The level of hospitality I consistently received throughout my stay, as well as the cozy, clean guesthouse, it's quiet and refreshing location, and the fantastic hosts, are the main reasons why I highly recommend Gerard's Place. I'm definitely coming back here for more hiking getaways.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 604hazwanf
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Following the commentaries on Trip Advisor, we stayed at Gerard's place. At the begining for 3 nights but finally only for one. The place is not very well situated, not far from the center but when it is raining and you have to go in the center to get a cab... Because it is raining a lot in the Cameron Highland. We chose a room with a bathroom. It maybe explain the musty smell in all the room. And the place is also very noisy. Finally the guy who welcomed us was not very smiling neither helpfull (at the end we chose a tour in a city center because we obtained more information there).
And one last things, the terasse is not with a view on tea plantation or anything else, only with a view on trees.

1  Thank sebastientourne
Gerard R, Owner at Gerard's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear valued guest,

Greetings from the highlands and our team.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for Gerards Place.

Our whole team work extremely hard to deliver outstanding service in our accommodation and our tours in our beautiful highlands.

I would like to personally apologize if your worth moment with us did not meet your expectation.

Your comments are much valuable for our future improvement and we will definitely do our best to sort such things out.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon in a better light.

Once again, thank you and see you very soon!

Warmest Regards,