Stayed at cameron highland resort for a night early of this month. We have no problem in finding the resort as it is by the road side and we recognized the building from the photos posted here. The hotel signage is hidden and difficult to be spotted though. We have a very good checked in experience, with our luggages being taken care of, and we were greeted and seated at the lobby for the check in process. Chrysanthemum tea and hot towel were served and very quickly we were escorted to our room at the ground floor. The room lives up to YTL standard, very nice four posted bed and I absolutely love the balcony. The view is breathtaking, despite the noise and polluted air from all the heavy vehicles that passed by. As I have forgotten to bring a book along, the "Tales of the highland" that I found at the bedside was to my rescue. This is a must read as it tells you "cerita dongeng" (mystical stories) of the highland which was kinda scary and gave me nightmares. I spent my whole day reading the book from the balcony, to Jim Thompson tea room and then the library. The afternoon tea was OK, for a very reasonable price of around RM 60 for a set for 2 including teas. Huge strawberries and good varieties of cakes and pastries. My boyfriend was very hungry and he ordered a Fish and Chip and asked how soon can it be served. The waiter promised to make it asap looking at his hungry face and to our surprise, the hot plate of fish and chip was served within 10 min, even when the restaurant was almost full house. I like the setting of the library at night, which has a fireplace where I can warm myself up as the temperature at night was kinda cold, felt like 20 degree celcius. In the morning, before 8 am, I was woke up by a call to ask if we would like to order our breakfast to be served in the room. But I chose to eat in the Dining room. Breakfast was good in overall, and we have a nice chat with the F&B manager Peter, he has a good sense of humor and made us feel very welcomed. He suggested that we should read through tripadvisor for any hotel that we are heading, and here I am, writing my first review for you, Peter. Even though it was just one night, I really enjoy my stay here. The staffs here are all very friendly and helpful, one of the chinese staff gave us guides to a really good charcoal steamboat restaurant in town. Would surely come back to cameron highland resort very soon as I haven't try the SPA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata