“YTL - never fail to impress”

Cameron Highlands Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tanah Rata
Penang Island, Malaysia
“YTL - never fail to impress”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Stayed at cameron highland resort for a night early of this month. We have no problem in finding the resort as it is by the road side and we recognized the building from the photos posted here. The hotel signage is hidden and difficult to be spotted though. We have a very good checked in experience, with our luggages being taken care of, and we were greeted and seated at the lobby for the check in process. Chrysanthemum tea and hot towel were served and very quickly we were escorted to our room at the ground floor. The room lives up to YTL standard, very nice four posted bed and I absolutely love the balcony. The view is breathtaking, despite the noise and polluted air from all the heavy vehicles that passed by. As I have forgotten to bring a book along, the "Tales of the highland" that I found at the bedside was to my rescue. This is a must read as it tells you "cerita dongeng" (mystical stories) of the highland which was kinda scary and gave me nightmares. I spent my whole day reading the book from the balcony, to Jim Thompson tea room and then the library. The afternoon tea was OK, for a very reasonable price of around RM 60 for a set for 2 including teas. Huge strawberries and good varieties of cakes and pastries. My boyfriend was very hungry and he ordered a Fish and Chip and asked how soon can it be served. The waiter promised to make it asap looking at his hungry face and to our surprise, the hot plate of fish and chip was served within 10 min, even when the restaurant was almost full house. I like the setting of the library at night, which has a fireplace where I can warm myself up as the temperature at night was kinda cold, felt like 20 degree celcius. In the morning, before 8 am, I was woke up by a call to ask if we would like to order our breakfast to be served in the room. But I chose to eat in the Dining room. Breakfast was good in overall, and we have a nice chat with the F&B manager Peter, he has a good sense of humor and made us feel very welcomed. He suggested that we should read through tripadvisor for any hotel that we are heading, and here I am, writing my first review for you, Peter. Even though it was just one night, I really enjoy my stay here. The staffs here are all very friendly and helpful, one of the chinese staff gave us guides to a really good charcoal steamboat restaurant in town. Would surely come back to cameron highland resort very soon as I haven't try the SPA!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room with bathtub.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank isme_linSS
kirinjit, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your support and kindness on taking your out to write this review.

I am delighted to read that you had a memorable time with us and will return to Cameron Highlands Resort in future.

We look forward to welcome you again and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you, family and friends Merry Christmas and Happy 2012!

Kirinjit Singh.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The worst aspect of this hotel is the traffic noise that comes with the hotel's excellent location in the middle of Cameron Highlands. Unlike the nearby Strawberry Park Resort, CHR does not involve taking winding roads up the hill or into the depths of the valley. It is a beautiful property that attracts all eyes that pass through Cameron Highlands, or those that travel between the two towns of Cameron Highlands, Brinchang and Tanah Rata. But CHR's accessibility is also its major weakness. For most rooms, the sound of motor vehicles zooming pass the property can be so annoying as to spoil your morning, evening, your sleep or your entire trip. So, if you are not noise tolerant, stay away from sleeping here.

Otherwise, this boutique hotel is cosy with really nice finishing. It is clean and has been maintained very well. The rooms are very nice and look exactly like the pictures put on the website of the hotel. The staff are very friendly and nice. The spa is excellent, and Azira in particular served my wife and I well. You should not leave CHR without enjoying at least one of the treatments here.

The food as you would expect is priced luxuriously. The quality is good but does not match up to the high price. Then again I suppose it could be the best given the competition around Cameron Highlands. Overall the hotel's desire to serve and serve well shines.

Room Tip: To reduce the noise, ask for a room above the reception area...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from Highlands!

I would like to thank you very much on your recent stay with us and on taking your time to write on your recent stay experiences.

I note overall you had a good and memorable time with us. I would like to apologize on the road noise that your self experienced of which the results ensued.I hope, this negative experiences will not deter you to visit us again in time to come.

I have shared your comments with Azira and congratulated her on her nobble efforts into making sure you and wife were well looked after.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you, family and friends Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2012!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I've been to many hotels, but tis one in particular ..is the most stunning ! We were greeted upon arrival n wow! Hot towels...The service..Excellent!! My family was happy. Rooms were beautifully decorated and the toilets are cleaned. I would like to thank few people dat has make our stay so memorable ...Jim, Liza, shakira( front office), Eva, Azira ( spa village), Takashi, Som, Peter..and not forgetting, Noramalina (housekeeping). Thank you all....You guys are the gems of tis hotel...I definitely be back..

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
kirinjit, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this review, 29 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from land of strawberries and tea!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank your kind self on choosing Cameron Highlands Resort for your recent holiday break and taking your valuable time out to write on your stay experiences.

I note that you had a comfortable and memorable stay with us and many staff members stood on an exceptional platform into making sure your stay is nothing less than a best experiences that many have enjoyed as well. I have congratulated all the staffs on their great efforts into making sure that you are well looked after.

Again, many thanks on your support and till we meet again, our best wishes to you, family, and friends!

London...Toronto...Nairobi...Bangkok...wandering sage
Reviewed 25 October 2011

this was our 2nd trip the the Cameron Highlands Resort. My daughter who is just 3and a half still asks for the head waiter by name as he made special arrangements for our afternoon tea service. It was her earliest memory of afternoon tea and she continues to ask for him by name no matter where we travel. Kirinjit and the rest of the staff were also wonderful as always. It seems that he and the rest of his team genuinely care about the expereinces of their guests and they always amaze me how much beyond the call of duty they actually go to. They continue to surpass their high standards every time we have visited, and just go from strength to strength. A special thanks to Kirinjit for making our time there so very memorable and one of the best 5plus star experiences of anywhere in Malaysia.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Highlands of Malaysia!

I would like to thank you very much on choosing Cameron Highlands Resort as your preferred holiday destination and more importantly, taking your valuable time out to share on your stay experiences.

I note that you had a wonderful and memorable time with us and on will return to us in future. I have shared your comments with the team and our head waiter, Mages, is one of the many that plants and nature best customer service values in his dailies to all guest(s) that he comes across in his cores. I have personally congratulated Mages on his nobble efforts and we are proud to have Mages with us.

Till we meet again, our best wishes to you, family, and friends!

Brisbane, Qld
Reviewed 20 October 2011

In our experience, the outstanding feature of all YTL Hotels is the service, and Cameron Highlands is no exception. We were overwhelmed by the incredibly professional, but warm and friendly, welcome at the Cameron Highlands Resort from the moment we arrived and this continued throughout our 3 night stay. We stayed in a Junior Suite, which was extremely comfortable for our family of 2 adults and 2 children - the rooms are beautifully furnished and very spacious. We had stayed at another YTL Hotel in Melaka earlier in the same week, and it was lovely to discover that the staff at the Melaka Hotel had been in touch with the staff at Cameron Highlands Resort to tell them we were coming and let them know what we were interested in seeing while in Cameron Highlands (thanks very much Ben and Sherry). I should also mention that my husband became quite ill while we were staying at the Resort, and we could not have asked for better help or service in calling in a doctor and also the tremendous help that Sherry, the Assistant Manager gave us in reorganising our travel arrangements when we decided that we needed to stay an extra night to allow him time to recover.

The restaurants are very good - the breakfasts are delicious and the Duck Parpadelle that I had for dinner one night was truly memorable! We also made full use of the spa, and booked in for massages - the signature tea bath is something that you shouldn't miss.

Only issue that I would raise is that the location of the hotel on a busy road can mean that the rooms do get quite a bit of traffic noise - YTL should have a serious think about what can be done about better sound-proofing for the windows and doors. But, to be honest, the service at the hotel (the staff are outstanding) and the lovely furnishings in the rooms with the 4 poster beds, just about outweighs this.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CCAlderley
kirinjit, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this review, 22 October 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Highlands of Malaysia!

I would like to thank you for your support and sharing on your stay experiences with us!

I have shared your comments with Ben and Sherry and congratulated them on their nobble efforts into making sure you and husband is well looked after during his down time, not forgetting the chefs that prepared the 'memorable' pasta for your dinner.

We look forward to see you again in time to come and till than, our best wishes to you, family, and friends!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanah Rata
1.1 km away
Parkland Hotel
Parkland Hotel
#1 of 9 in Brinchang

Been to Cameron Highlands Resort? Share your experiences!