Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 04/08/21
Hotels.comUS$177
PricelineUS$177
Official HotelUS$177
1,893 results
All reviews golf course spa village gonbei restaurant tea bath high tea afternoon tea jim thompson tea room the main road pangkor laut road noise cameron highlands japanese restaurant trail walk ytl group colonial hotel steamboat restaurant colonial feel
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2020

Definitely not a 5* as advertised!

The hotel could have it all...
Charming and cosy, it could be exactly what you are looking for when you come to Cameron Highlands. Also, the staff is really very nice.

However, the staff lacks general hospitality training and they lack knowledge as regards to the area.

The guided tour offered by the hotel, and which takes approximately two hours, includes an interesting part in the jungle and then a 3/4 part walking down a tarmac road with not much interest. The guide does however make up for the lack of adventure by his knowledge and passion of the biodiversity.

The breakfast was, unfortunately, below average, which is a great shame when the kitchen / dinner is quite good and the high tea excellent. They don’t even serve you their jam or fresh butter for breakfast when it is a speciality of the area and which they try to also sell.

Furthermore, the noise is terrible since the hotel is pretty much on the road and there are no double glazed windows. Also, there is no hot water but it is lukewarm, which is not great when you visit one of the coldest areas of Malaysia.

Cherry on the cake: our toilet got blocked - twice in two days.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hendley_Ong, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2020

Dear Artemou

Firstly, thank you so much for taking some time to write a review about your recent stay in Cameron Highlands Resort.

I am sad to read that the experience was not up to your expectation and also would like to apologized regards the lack of general knowledge from the team and some technical issue on the hot water and the noise from the road.

Fro your comments, we can learnt from it and will improve in the future. I really appreciate that you shared your feedback here, so that my team and I could work out on all this issue.

Once again, thank you for visiting Cameron Highlands Resort and I hope you may give us another chance to return again in the future to further recover all the above issues.

Reviewed 26 June 2020

All the COVID-19 precautions were taken before we entered the hotel and then we were treated first class! Mr. Ong, the general manager, explained the lay out of the hotel and then we were escorted to our rooms....beautiful room with a four poster canopy bed with a balcony overlooking the golf course and the mountains. All meals were delicious and expertly served by the friendly staff. The 3-6pm high should not be missed

2  Thank George C

Dear George C

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking some of your time to write a very nice review about your recent stay with us in Cameron Highlands Resort.

My team and I are very happy to received your good comments and recommendation towards our service and also the environment in the resort.

We have no words to described how happy we are to received guest back to our resort, for the the past 3 months we were cleaning up the resort and touching up all the rooms and we are glad that you and your family enjoyed it very much.

Once again, we hope to see you again in the future and thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 24 June 2020 via mobile

Stayed at this resort for 2 nites on 20th & 21st June & had the most memorable stay. Overall the service given by the staff was excellent & I absolutely have no complaints whatsoever but only compliments for the attentive staff. Our room was very cozy & exceptionally clean indeed & I would say this resort has lived up to its five star status. Kudos to Mr. Ong the exec asst manager who took pains to attend to our minor complaints with professionalism & efficiency. Would definitely make it a point to return to this resort for another short relaxation & therapeutic stay in the near future & would recommend to friends & relatives for sure.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hendley_Ong, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2020

Dear goh_shireen

Firstly, thank you for taking some time to write a nice review about your recent stay with us in Cameron Highlands Resort.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the service from the staff and also the exception room that we prepared for you, you review will definitely share to my entire team in the resort and this will keep up their motivation to do better every time.

Once again, please do let us know your next visit so that we could WOW you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2020 via mobile

Visited CHR after a very long time. Nice rooms as usual good service. We was afraid that rooms might be dusty due to lockdown for months but CHR still maintain the quality and service. We met an interesting character during the tea break , his name was Jan. He served us and such a polite staff we have met. Really efficient and welcoming character he has. CHR should employ more of this kind of staff to fly sky high in hospitality industry

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hendley_Ong, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2020

Dear vineyl2020

Thank you for taking some time to write a nice review about your stay with us in Cameron Highlands Resort.

I am happy to have all the guest back to visit the resort after the long 3 months MCO, I am also glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us by receiving the best service in Cameron Highlands Resort.

I definitely will share your wonderful review to my entire team, especially to Jan as well.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2020 via mobile

I double booked at the resort and I’ve been trying to contact them for one whole week. No one replied to my emails and they didn’t call me back when they said they would. Service is extremely poor. If I could cancel my reservation I would .

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank JoannaC3497
Hendley_Ong, General Manager at Cameron Highlands Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2020

Dear JoannaC3497

Greeting from Cameron Highlands Resort and thank you for sharing your feedback to us.

On behalf of the resort, I would like to apologized regards the booking issue that you are facing and I have highlighted this incident directly to my travel center.

We are looking at this now and hope to hear from you soon.

Once again, thank you for reaching us and hope to see you soon after finalizing the issue.