“Not a nice welcome”
Review of Cock O Barton

Cock O Barton
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Barton
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just called into the Cock o Barton on our way home from Wrexham. I have been here several times also paid a lot of money for my mum and Dad to get married here (before he died) walked in this evening after calling ahead to check the time of last orders and received the most awful welcome! As we walked in a young girl sat at the bar said to the manager behind the bar “why have you let them in”!!! We feel really unwelcome and really out of place, been made to feel like we are not good enough to be in here. I work as hard for my money as anyone else in here. Was looking to book private dining for my son’s 16th for the whole family but think we will go somewhere where we are welcome and not sitting here feeling like we are an inconvenience I will think twice about ever coming in here again, disgusted really!

1  Thank Rachel H

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with friends a very snowy weekend. Was taken to our rooms in the converted block which is separate to the main pub. Rooms were beautifully appointed in a contemporary/rustic style and were warm and clean. Warmed ourselves with a few 2 for 1 drinks at the bar before enjoying a beautiful meal. We were staying as a party night package and there were a large number of parties there which did get very loud. We left early as the live band was not to our taste. Breakfast the next morning was a full English and delicious. Would definitely return, lovely night away.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Sunday lunch for 10 members of the family spanning 4 generations aged from 8 to 91 years old. There was something for everyone on a great choice of food. Service was really good. The premises are modern and with a great atmosphere. We will be returning.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Wow what a place. My family and I went there for Sunday lunch. The meals were superb the service was first class could not fault it. Massive thanks to all concerned for making an ordinary Sunday into a special occasion.

1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the Cock O’ Barton for a Sunday lunch yesterday and were all very pleased. We booked at very short notice for 9 adults and 2 children and were lucky to get in as they had a cancellation.
The restaurant / bar are very well decorated and the tables are well spaced so it does not feel crowded. They happily put two tables together to accommodate us all.
The food is very good and reasonably priced. There is a set menu which includes traditional roast dinners and an a la carte which includes main meals, starters, light lunches, sandwiches and desserts. Children eat free which is a bonus. The restaurant is child friendly, i.e. you can all eat happily together rather than them taking over the place.....
We all had drinks, main courses and coffees. Everybody was happy with their meals. I had the Caesar salad with chicken which was well made with a proper dressing and anchovies. They happily give me some slices of ciabatta to go with it, as it was a bit low on carbohydrate, so ask if you choose this and nothing else.
The service was very good and friendly - all the way through from our booking to departure.
Very good and we will go again when visiting relatives in the area and may possibly stay in one of their rooms.

1  Thank Chris W