Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
RM 279
No booking fees
All reviews wedding venue wedding coordinator lovely wedding lymm village bridal suite afternoon tea wedding breakfast served quickly beautiful room lovely hotel bar meals dance floor food was lovely pot roast scones bar area christmas party
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2024

I was staying 6 nights, first night the room was freezing, rang down twice, first time no answer, then at 5am man came to my room, who was dressed like an eskimo. And told
me the radiator had been turned down, after 7.30am the room was warn. in the morning a said about the room, No one even said sorry, did not care less.
Very understaffed and a could not care less attitude. A polar bear would have froze.

Room tip: DO NOT STAY
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank John P
Ellie- Statham, Marketing at Statham Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are deeply saddened by your unhappy experience, and it is not the level we strive to achieve as you can see from the majority of our feedback. Rest assured that we looked into the matter further and your comments were passed along to our General Manager who dealt with it personally.
In the meantime, if you require any further assistance, please contact our team directly at 01925 752204.
Please inform us directly if you choose to stay at Statham Lodge again in the near future. – Ellie, Statham Lodge

Reviewed 20 January 2024

I had a really good stay at the hotel. Melanie, who was looking after the bar, is an inspirational individual and we had a great conversation. The food was good. The bed was comfortable. Shower temp fluctuated a bit which was the only downside. Friendly staff everywhere.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear of the great stay and service you received, which is something we pride ourselves on. Melanie is a fantastic member of staff who joined us last year from America and I made sure to pass your kind words to her and management.

Reviewed 12 January 2024

My first stay at the Statham lodge hotel and the first of many I hope. The room was spotlessly clean and spacious, A king size extremely comfortable bed, bathroom had a shower as well as a bath tub. The restaurant food was superb I choose to have the steak, and for breakfast I had the full English. Service throughout my stay was first class.
Well done to all the Staff at the Statham Lodge. Many thanks, J. Bilbow.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear of the great stay and service you received, which is something we pride ourselves on. We have a great housekeeping team and will be sure to pass on your great feedback, as well as to the chefs regarding your meals with us.

Reviewed 10 January 2024

The hotel looks very nice and indeed it is, but it was not my first choice being a little further from Irlam than I wanted to be. Nevertheless I consider that I was very fortunate in choosing this hotel. My wife and I were in the area having been to a family reunion in Yorkshire for the weekend and I had a business visit to Irlam early on Monday morning before we headed home to Scotland.
We arrived on a very cold Sunday evening, we were the only guests that night nevertheless the hotel was warm. As we were the only guests dinner was served in the lounge bar. We chose Broccoli and Stilton soup followed by fish and chips though there were plenty of things to choose from . The quality of the food was excellent and the portions were so large that one plate of fish and chips would have been enough for the two of us. Breakfast the following morning was equally good though neither of us was particularly hungry. Our room was on the ground floor (good for people with mobility issues) and the heating was on "frost protection setting " which was still quite warm, when we went in. On turning up the radiator it quickly warmed up to a comfortable temperature. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The bathroom fittings are a bit old but everything worked and was also very clean. The view from the beadroom window and from the lounge bar is out over large lawns with plenty of seats for some "quiet time" with a book in summer. During the course of the 12 -18 hours we were at the hotel it was very clear to me that whoever hires the staff for this hotel clearly knows what he/she is doing. We met 5 members of staff, the receptionist on arrival, the bar waitress at dinner, the chef at breakfast, another receptionist in the morning and another member of staff who served us lunch before our departure. All had good people skills and made us feel welcome, nothing was too much trouble. It's now very easy to understand why the hotel is a popular venue for conferences and events. Would we stay there again? Certainly without any hesitation!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear of the great stay and service you received, which is something we pride ourselves on. What a fantastic detailed 5* review - I will be sure to pass on to all the relevant departments for their great services. There is nothing we love more at Statham than fresh, homecooked, hearty food.

Reviewed 2 January 2024

Stayed at the hotel with my husband on 29th December, for his birthday. Nice hotel, but a little tired in places. Reception staff very friendly & a quick, easy check in. We stayed in room 12, which perfectly adequate, but the radiator was off when we arrived, so took a little while to warm up, as the room was quite cold. Lovely big, comfortable bed, nice pillows & good quality bedding. Slept really well. Excellent shower! Didn't have dinner at the hotel as we ate out. Had breakfast in the morning, which included self service fruit juice, cereal, pastries etc, & then cooked to order hot food, which was very tasty. Lovely bar area, where we had a drink in the evening, but only us in there! Hotel seemed very quiet. The grounds looked lovely, but didn't see much of them due to the weather. Thought the Christmas decorations were beautiful & very tastefully done. Would definitely stay here again if in the area & the price was right.

Date of stay: December 2023