My wife and I just returned from Krabi where we stayed at this Resort. This was our first trip to Krabi and to celebrate our second honeymoon. Our last trip without the children was 17 years ago. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously and thought the hotel was very good. We stayed for 3 nights from Boxing Day.
As we went after Christmas it is really the high season so we thought the rooms were a little expensive. I had booked via Booking.Com but no issue or trouble when checking in.
Our room was the cliff view, so we had an outdoor tub. 2 bottles of water were given each day; they provided 2 pairs of slippers that was handy when we went kayaking, and took the boat trips out; a basket together with a picnic mat was also provided in the room.
The beds were comfortable. We brought some DVDs but could only watch one which happen to be a region 3 code.
We would say that breakfast was good but not fantastic. We did not eat in the hotel for other meals as the location of the hotel was great. Just outside the hotel are street hawkers, restaurants, fast food joints and other shops. Yet, the hotel itself is very quiet - as if far away from it all.
The pool is not big and got quite crowded almost immediately after breakfast. A nicer and less crowded time would be late afternoon as we noticed the crowd thinned out by then.
We also decided to book two day activities via the tour agency based in the hotel (lobby area). To be honest, we don't know if it was more expensive than the ones outside. However, in terms of the quality of the tours (especially in terms of safety), we were very happy with the tours that the agency recommended to us.
The hotel lobby has a small selection of books and novels for borrowing and two computers if you need to check your emails.
I was surpised though that when I requested for a small bucket of ice I was charged around 45baht even though I mentioned that this charge was not reflected in the inroom dining menu. We also witnessed a somewhat unpleasant incident whereby the man at the receptionist one morning went into a long argument with a guest about a lost card key. He insisted that the hotel would charge 100baht, even though the guest argued that they were not informed nor were there any signs on lost cards. We too were not informed, and we felt that the man at the receptionist could have been more flexible. He also wanted to charge for a missing laundry bag, which the couple again refuted.
We did not have any massages in the hotel spa. There are plenty around the area. However, on the last day we found one known as Let's Sea: Let's Relax. It is just opposite the hotel, but the adveristing is minimal. Once you find it, you take a short flight of steps down. Although just slightly more expensive than the others, we thought it was worth it. The place was nice and the rooms quieter, airconditioned, and had a nicer ambience than the others.
All in we thought the hotel was great, and made enquiries about their family rooms for future trips with the children. If you want a hotel that is quiet yet near enough to the action and food, this one is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort is Krabi's 4 star boutique resort with spectacular views of the cliff and Andaman Sea. Located in the center of Aonang, with easy access to the beach, shopping, Dining and night life. 97 Newly refurbished, spacious guest rooms offer comfortable accommodation in Superior , Deluxe and Ocean View categories. The Ocean wing features sunset balcony for romantics and honeymooners. The resort offers a unique Thai restaurant and a boulevard cafe in Aonang's most versatile and lively shopping plaza. Around the resort pool you will find a Bar & Bistro, wellness center complete with Thai Spa, Gym, Muay Thai, Yoga and Tai Chi classes. Social and business events are celebrated in style for up to 180 guests in the new event center and on the Cliff Panorama Terrace. Coupled with grace of our Thai service memories are made of this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Cliff Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Cliff Beach Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Cliff Beach Resort Krabi/Ao Nang