“Excellent location, very clean and spacious accommodation & very good breakfast.”
Review of Krabi Resort

Krabi Resort
Ranked #19 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Excellent location, very clean and spacious accommodation & very good breakfast. The rooms were excellent. Clean, spacious and comfortable. Staff were polite and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Good location on beach and near restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kunchai K

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Stayed in the Krabi resort between 4th and 8th sep 2017. I had booked 3 rooms since this was a family holiday.

Will split the review into two

Pros:
Excellent property. Great landscaping, good location which is a lil away from the hustle bustle but yet walking distance from all the shopping and night life attractions, a great pvt beach, a great view point for watching the sunset. So overall, a lot of thought has gone into making the property as beautiful and convenient as it can be. So full marks to that. AC in the reception area may perhaps help for guests and staff alike.

Cons:
Here is where the major problem is. I have never come across such rude and inhospitable front desk staff. My flight from Bangkok got me to the resort around 12.30 pm which was a lil earlier than the scheduled 2 pm check in time which I understand. But the front desk after taking all the passport details just tells me to come after 2 pm by when the room will be ready. I had 2 senior citizens with me and one 2 year old. The weather was hot and humid. The staff dont even offer you water on your arrival. The least I expected from them was to be hospitable enough and let us know where we can spend time till 2 pm or get fresh till then. This was very unwelcoming since most of us will be first time tourists.

Had booked a deluxe swimming pool view which they upgraded me later to Luxury rooms. The rooms were good but requested them to give us a slightly higher floor or a different location since this was just next to a still water body and that made the rooms full of mosquitos(And there are no mosquito repellents). The response was extremely rude when they say, Sir you had booked a deluxe room and we have upgraded you to a luxury room and we only have these 3 rooms which in all honesty did not seem true, since I saw most of the rooms empty. By the way, as corporate staff we have a different rate and I had already discussed with them with screenshots of our rates, that in reality the rate given to me was around 5000 THB more than what I was getting. And it was me in fact who had requested them that instead of reducing my rate, they can perhaps provide an upgrade.

The travel concierge is a joke. Dont even go there. People outside are much more welcoming and accomodating to your needs.

The breakfast lady who makes omlettes has a constant grumpy look. I used to ask for 2 whole eggs and she shows me a readymade batter which is exactly what I did not want. I dont like the wattery batter and where I have no clue how much of egg white and yolk it has. For food choices, you are not supposed to question.

The last day, we had a checkout of 2 rooms at 9am and I was checking out later. I checked the earlier day if I could get a late checkout since my flight was at 1930. The response was an immediate "No sir, cannot" without even checking on the system. I was not bargaining at Platinum mall to get that kind of tone. Later she checks the system and tells me I can stay for free till 1400. I requested if this can be extended to 1700 and what would be their charges. They said it would be 1000 THB till 1600, so I said in that case, can I stay till 1700 and she said I will have to pay 1500 THB. That was bizarre since I had paid 1600 THB for a night there but she says for every hour the rate would be 500 THB. Without arguing, I checked out at 1600. During checkout they charged me for 3 bottles of mineral water while the house keeping in front of me had ticked that I had used only two bottles. I mentioned that to her and it took a whole 20 minute of investigation. They even got a questionable water bottle from my room to the front desk and tried to reason with me that it seemed I had opened it. I told them to open the bottle which was already sealed and they agreed yes it was sealed but looked as if I had opened it. I had paid around 900 USD for this property and was I gonna cheat them for 50 THB? I felt miserable with 4 staff checking the bottle and its sealed authenticity. While leaving, the staff does not even have a smiling face of greeting you bye.

I have been to Thailand 11 times and this was by far my worst stay and that too from a 4 star property. I have always enjoyed the Thai people and their hospitality but I am sorry, the Krabi resort management seriously needs to train their staff for a more warm and hospitable experience.

Stayed: September 2017
8  Thank Yogesh P
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Mediocre breakfast. Grumpiness reigns over the staff though. Seriously, it's weird.

Stayed in the pool villa with ocean view. Room A5 to be exact. Could not ask for more out of a room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank James R
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We went for a family trip to Krabi Resort. With all the excitement and hype of this trip, we were met by very rude and ignorant staff especially Delvin Tan. The staff were not helpful at all and always complained every time they were asked to do something. Our first room was the deluxe room pool view. The first incident was the balcony door. We had tried to open the balcony door and it had come off the hinges. We informed the staff before we had gone out to dinner, and 3 hours later the door was not fixed. Because the staff were getting tired, they had told us to sleep with no balcony door until the next morning to get it fixed of which we had refused. So as they were fixing it, it came with a lot of huffing and grunting noises. The shower heads were all rusted and there was a very damp musky smell coming off the beds. After the many complains, we had asked to change our rooms of which we could only do a day later at 2.00pm because the staff had refused for us to move immediately for reasons only known to them. When we finally got to move to our new rooms, we had to carry our own luggage to the reception. The concierge service was beyond useless and didn’t even wait for my whole family to get on the buggy car before driving off. Then when we get to our new rooms, the concierge service literally man handles our luggage all the way to the rooms. The breakfast was pathetic. There was no warmth in the staff or just general work etiquette. The chefs at the cooking stations always had an angry face on and the lady at the omellette station would grunt if you didn’t bring a plate for your eggs. Bear in mind there are plates right beside her meant for the eggs. When it is raining, don’t think that you would get the buggy service. You would have to walk to breakfast in the rain. The food was not covered at all and had flies circling them. We were told by the reception staff “Don’t think you are going to have any meals here today because we have a VIP wedding”. This had happened on our first day. The only good thing was that the pubs and restaurants were just outside the resort so we had all our meals there. Overall the stay was horrendous and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I have seen hostels that operate far better than this “resort”.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank pradamilan86
Delvin-GRD, Guest Relations Manager at Krabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Pradamilan86,

SawadeeKrap!

Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of your experience at Krabi Resort. We are extremely disappointed to read about the instances that occurred and apologize that your experience fell below expectations. We are sharing this review internally to ensure that we are consistently providing the best of the best in terms of experience and product and thank you again for the time you have taken to share your feedback with us. We have sent you a direct message and hope to have the opportunity to speak with you soon.

Kop Khun Krap and hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Delvin Tan
Guest Relations Dept

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

I had been here for 2 nights with friends and my stay was amazingly good. The best part was it's location right on Aonang beach and it has its own private beach. The ao nang pubs are about 10 mins walk and on the other end of the road there is a street food market also which is also about 10 mins walk. All in all we had a great stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Novel C,

Sawadeekrap!

I truly appreciate the kind sentiments you have shared of our prime location. We endeavor to provide one-of-a-kind experiences to our guests with a wide array of amenities and services under one roof, so I am glad that you experienced what we have to offer.

We hope to welcome you back to Krabi Resort in future with our improved dedicated services and upgraded amenities.

Regards,