“Perfect little coffee shop”

Ideary Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #5 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Ao Nang
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Situated on the beach front at Ao Nang, this little bakery has a good selection of baked goods, from cakes, muffins, cookies, and pastries. They also make sandwiches with a good selection of bread types. The coffee and tea selection is as good as any you'd find in most Western coffee shops and very reasonably priced. A green tea is 80 baht and coffee no more than 95 baht. There is a gift shop inside and two bookshelves with donated books in many languages to choose from to read and borrow. The bakery is air conditioned and has wifi. A perfect spot to spend a morning or afternoon tea break.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Very good coffee - which can be hard to find in Thailand. The espressos, cappuccinos, and americanos were all strong and delicious.

I also got some dark brown bread that they toasted for me. I did not try the smoothies or the cakes but they all looked good.

Lovely place for an afternoon break.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

It took me more than a week to find this lovely café, during which time I drank some really bad pod coffee masquerading as real grinder coffee. Ideary was recommended to me when I was complaining that I couldn't find real coffee. Also ate some of their lovely croissants with some jam. Well because I could. They have a few different seating arrangements, but I never got to sit on the retro couch as everytime I visited, someone had already snagged it. They have a library of books which are free to borrow too. This café is a few steps from Golden Beach and lots of massage places. Thank goodness for a real latte!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Nice little café for breakfast & coffee. We found it on our last day there and wished we had found it sooner. Reasonable for what you got and food was good.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

This place is hidden of the street but for the 50 tbh coconut drink and air-conditioned sitting room it's a good quick visit!