Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Keith1604
Bangkok, Thailand

Good but could do better ...

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Aug 2012
On arriving at Krabi airport and with no checked luggage it was very disappointing to discover that the hotel had forgotten to book our pick-up. So having been one of the first through the airport we were definitely last to leave. Upon arrival at the hotel the cool towels were very welcome but no apology was offered. The check-in process was very smooth and we were soon in our rooms, not luxurious but definitely not low end either. The location is quite good as an evening stroll to shops/restaurants/bars is preferable to being surrounded by them. The first evening we discovered a broken door (allowing mosquitos in) and a faulty shower, too hot or too cold and no stability in the temperature ( a fault in all our rooms). I reported both issues to reception only to be shown how to use the shower by maintenance because I obviously did not know how it worked. I found this quite insulting. The temperature was still not stable and would be 'checked again later'. The door would also be fixed later. Upon our return from dinner I was informed that the tools were not available for the door and it would be done tomorrow. The shower had been revisited and should be ok, it was not. The next day after returning from lunch the door was still not fixed so I approached reception to be greeted by a smile and an "I'm sorry I've only just started my shift. They told me it wasn't fixed but not why." fortunately the manageress was nearby and stepped in to organise the repair which used a saw, a hammer and a strip of wood that were surely all available the day before. The manageress apologised profusely and offered us our airport return free of charge as compensation, which was appreciated. We did not eay here so cannot comment on the restaurant but it did take over 20 mins to receive 3 coffees. All that said, if I ever returned to Krabi again I would consider staying here if I could get the same price, definitely not for the rack rate and the showers were fixed. The rooms are quaint, the location good although some road noise can be heard in the morning. The hotel grounds and pool are relaxing.
Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
TheCliffAonang, Manager at The Cliff Elegance Resort, responded to this review
Responded 21 Aug 2012
Dear Mr. Keith1604

Thank you so much for your time to post this review and to give us the opportunity to do a better for our guests in all the area of servicees which were mentioned. May I take this chance to sincerely apologize again for our delay service and also for not dealing with the problem soon after you had infomed us. As this is definitely opposite to what staffs have been trained in the resort to deal with problem and they must inform me whenver or whatever problem happened before the complaint. I am glad to know that you would consider staying with us again as you like our room, atmosphere in the resort and also the location. And of course with even better for you with the room rate . Please contact me directly for your next visit and allow me to take a better care of you and your friends next time.

Resort Manager
Get rewarded with One Key
    RM 484
31.0 km from The Cliff Elegance Resort
Beachfront
Phi Phi the Beach Resort is a dream location for any visitor looking for either an eventful or relaxing holiday. Situated on the quiet Long Beach, which overlooks the stunning Maya bay island, our hillside villa views are unbeatable.
    RM 342
34.3 km from The Cliff Elegance Resort
Restaurant
View more hotels in Ao Nang
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I did a Contiki tour in April and our last 2 days we stayed in Ao Nang at the Cliff Ao Nang Resort. Upon checking in, we were greeted with these beautiful hand made flower bracelets and a wet towel to refresh our faces. The grounds are incredible, very natural and picturesque. When I got to my room I was incredibly surprised. It was the most gorgeous room I had ever seen. Very spacious and clean. Our mini fridges were stocked with red bull, coca cola, sprite, water, and chocolate bars. The shower had a wonderful overhead shower head which felt luxurious. The staff were very friendly and service was commendable. The included use of the computer/internet/printer was greatly appreciated.

In the evening, we all had dinner at the buffet just passed the front desk. One of the best meals I had all vacation, and that's saying something as all of the food in Thailand was spectacular. Breakfast was the same, great variety and everything was delicious and hot.

The hotel was very easy to navigate and was located very close to the beach as well as bars, local shops, restaurants (there was a Starbucks, pizza place, McDonalds etc.), and banking machines.

If I were to travel back to Ao Nang, I would definitely return to the Cliff Ao Nang Resort!

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank cherology88
TheCliffAonang, Resort Manager at The Cliff Elegance Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Ms. Cherology 88

First of all thank you for your last visit to our resort. We are appreciated your time to put such a positive reveiw for us. It is delighted to know that you had a perfect time during your stay and also definitely return to our resort for your next trip to Krabi.
Please allow us to know for your next visit by contacting me directly and give me a chance to arrage something special for you as our returned guest.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I had the good pleasure to stay here on 5-6 August departing out from Railey to Aonang. The setting is what i consider anti modern, it edges towards a rustic concept within a natural landscape. Strolling to our room we had to walk on slabs of tree trunks which form the pavement in forest like density garden setting. The compound of the hotel is strategically located with a majestic backdrop of a cliff thus the name of the hotel makes perfect sense. Within the room, while it does support basic amenities such as hot water and air conditioning, you will not find fanciful gadgets or flatscreen TV. Instead you will find copper basin, pebble washed wall within a garden vegetation density entailing the outdoor bath area. Inside the room the significant height of the ceiling with the circular mosquito net hovering over the bed adds to the relaxation factor while me and my other half had our pleasant stay there. I am especially grateful for the trip recommendations that the front desk had arranged for us. When we returned from the day trip on 6th, I informed the front desk its the birthday for my girl. They offer to arrange a surprise on my behalf. All i had to do is to leave the hotel for 30 minutes which gave me a good excuse to try out the street cart pancakes nearby. Upon our return the frontdesk smiled and said to me" I will send the phah thai to your room now" My other half was utterly confused when did i made such order, I was all smiles knowing the arrangement was as planned and yelled out ok while we strolled back to the room within the wonderful garden. Within minutes there was a knock on the door, i lazed on the bed and got my girl to open the surprise herself. A few of the staff were present to serve the candle lite birthday cake for her. You can imagine her delight. I too entrusted our last dinner selection to the frontdesk at Rae Lay grill where the free transport came to the hotel and send us to an absolutely wonderful hilly location just 10 minutes away. By the end of it there was another birthday surprise for my girl, all arranged thanks to the tip off from the staff at the cliff. For once in my life I felt tipping was beyond courtesy. I felt indebted to the staff whom i did not tip enough at the cliff hotel as i realised that i may not see some of them when i leave in the following morning. I did tip some of them before going for dinner thanking them for the birthday surprise to my room. I have to admit wholeheartedly, such services are driven beyond the measure of a jobscope. We felt like returning visitors from years ago to the familiar faces at the same spot, fact however remains this was our 1st visit. With absolute certainty we shall be back for more. Once again a heart felt big thank you for hosting a memorable visit that is well beyond all known expectations as a hotel resort should.

Date of stay: August 2012
3  Thank anotherraybanfan
TheCliffAonang, Resort manager at The Cliff Elegance Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Araybanfan

Thank you for your last visit to our resort. We appreciate your time to put such good positive review for us. Your review has give our team such a good encouragement to maintain a quality service to our guest. Ensuring our guest to have a memorable stay with us either you are fist time visit or returened guest, are our main priority. I do hope to welcome you again in the near future. Please contact me directly for your next visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

First of all, the manager and staff were really friendly and welcoming. The manager even provide us with good tips on where to go about for good food and visits. I also really like the part where the entire resort has wifi (though it was not very strong in some area). We stayed in room 101. Appreciated the daily room service (and the room service even folded the clean towels into cute little swans and elephants to decorate our bed!). Though there's some things I thought can be improved. First, will be the shower. I think the shower is kinda difficult to operate and control. It's either too hot or too cold and sometimes shut down intermittently in between the showers. Second, the roof had some dusty debris falling down onto our bed after the rain... But thankfully it wasn't much, and can easily be swiped off the bedcovers.

The Cliff is located a little far away from the beach front (about 15-20mins walk from the beach front). Nonetheless, the walk to the beach proved to be enjoyable, as we get to tried many delicious street food along the way.

The western breakfast served is not bad. (the first day's breakfast was nicely done, but the 2nd day one doesn't taste as good as the first... probably it's done by different cook). We had our breakfast in the table outside our room instead of the restaurant. It was a good way to stay our morning. The restaurant did Okay lunch... We find it kinda salty and a little pricy compared to nearby restaurants. So hit the nearby restaurants or street stalls instead if you are looking more variety and better tasting food (at cheaper price).

Overall a good resort that I'd recommend. Cosy room, nice layout and comfortable greenery all around.

Room tip: I don't know about other rooms, but mine (rm 101) is not bad. AC is strong and good. Just the shower a little problematic.
Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank blurblurri3
TheCliffAonang, Manager at The Cliff Elegance Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Dear Yurujoyce

First of all thank you for your last visit to our resort and also for taking your time to write your review. Your feedback will provide us a better cater to our guest as well as to prevent a future recurrence, specially in all the area you have mentioned. Our resort is located within a walking distance of 15 minuites to the beachfront. It is our owner's main concept to offer and share the surrounding tropical greenery and peaceful environment to our guest in the resort. It is so delighted to know that we are a good resort that you would recommend.
Please contact me directly for your next visit to allow me to take the best care of you as our values return guest.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Depends what you like? We have stayed in many top class hotels throughout Thailand over a number of years both good (mostly) and (very few) bad. Last year during the floods in Bangkok we were in Ao Nang due to fly up to Bangkok for a couple of days howvever we had to change our plans ( Thai Airways were amazing with rescheduling flights). We had to stay in Ao Nang for a further 3 nights (tragic) but had to find another hotel. We have been to Ao Nang on a number of occasions previously and always looked on web sites at The Cliff and been tempted but never booked. What can I say, this is a real treat. If you like small personnal very well maintained hotel this is the one. From the minute you walk in (please do not be put off by thr drive) you feel so very much looked after. The rooms are basic but clean and have such a nice feel to them. I cannot but praise this hotel and the value for money is amazing and the breakfast at your door by the pool is special. Worth a visit on any budget.

Date of stay: October 2011
3  Thank Helen C
TheCliffAonang, Manager at The Cliff Elegance Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Dear Helen C.

Thank you so much for posting your positive review. All feedback will be shared with our staffs and in any point that our guest though it was not the best service, I will look into it and ensure that it has to be better for your guests.
Once again thank your for your visit and do hope we will have anoter opportunity to welcome you again for your next holiday.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The hotel is not connected to the sea but the hotel is nice design, might be a bit small lobby and room but obviously charming.

Date of stay: August 2011
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing us for your stay and also sharing your comment.
As you know that we are a small resort located facing the Cliff view and
in a walking distace to the beach. Our bungalows are uniquely Thai although the room are not the large size but optimized at its best and have sizes macthing with the standards
of any resort in the same area.
We hope to have a chance to welcome you again in the near future.
Pimchan K.