“Island Favorite”

Blue Bead Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is one of my favorite restaurants on Statia. The menu is extensive and the drinks are well-poured. I had the best pizza in recent memory at the Blue Bead. There's a great vibe about the place and the staff seemed engaged and friendly. It's very popular at night so I'd recommend that you get there early and enjoy the sunset.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

My dive shop owner said that Blue Bead had the best pizza on the island. So I decided to give it a try. Now, it's not easy to impress a New Yorker with pizza pie: after all, every New Yorker knows that New York had the best pizza. Well, I have to say that I was very impressed. It was just the way I like it: super-thin crust, fresh cheese and tomato sauce. It actually reminded me of legendary Patsy's Pizza in Brooklyn. It was certainly the best pizza I had in the Caribbean.
I also had dinner at the restaurant. Service was very friendly. Island curry conch dish was quite tasty and not heavy or too spicy. But, really, pizza is the thing to get here.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Marva makes a thin crust pizza that is out of this world! I'm from Buffalo, NY best known for our pizza & wings, do this says something about this pizza. Her Texas burger was also a fine way to have my last evening meal on this tiny Caribbean island.

1  Thank starlitesfire13
Reviewed 19 February 2018

This is a nice restaurant on Statia that I have visited many times. Their pizza is outstanding and I recommend it. Lots of other food and drink options too.

1  Thank Scott P
Reviewed 2 February 2018

The best fresh pizza that I've ever had. Especially good after a couple extraordinary dives with David and Sarah at Golden Rock Dive Center right next door!! Friendly staff, great food, and gorgeous views!!

1  Thank Hasquetje