“Great Fish Curry”

Ocean View Terrace
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017

From the Old Gin House, we took the short but steep walkway up for dinner at the Ocean View Terrace. We arrived before it was officially open, but the owner welcomed us inside, served wine and offered the menu right away. (The official opening time was 6:30 PM.) The sunset view across the fort and over the bay was beautiful. My daughter and I split the West Indian style fish curry; my husband had fried fish. A small green salad came with each entree. The curry fish was some of the best I have ever eaten. Our sides were rice & peas, scalloped potatoes and lasagna - one side comes with an entree but we ordered an extra because we were sharing. Well worth the hike! Tip: If you plan to go after dark, do take a flashlight as the walkway and streets are cobblestone and quite irregular.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We so enjoyed our diner at Ocean View Terrace! The owner welcomed us and his wife manned the kitchen. We both had fish, but of different variety and were wonderful. Our plate was full! Not only did we get fish, but our side dish was lasagna! Everything was wonderful. Will definitely go back when we return next year!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The roof terrace dining experience with view of old Dutch fort is unforgettable. A gentle breeze calms the mind and soul while feasting on authentic Caribbean fayre. I dine regularly here and my favorite mains are goat or conch stew. Wine list is not extensive but this is easily eclipsed by good conversation and stunning view. Owners are Rene and Loris and their very friendly service is much to be appreciated. Every late Friday night, the restaurant turns into a karaoki experience where local singing talent is really quite good. Rythms are latino and only a few of the guests have two left feet. With a bit of luck, you might spot my wiggling version of Salsa in tight trousers - a bit like a couple of boiled eggs in a handkerchief. Excellent food and excellent atmosphere!

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Nice people, lots of variation of foods on the menu. Had a nice steak. Wanted to go a second round. With a chilled beer it was a great experience again. Nice view and service was great and fast. Had a great time again. Till next time.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The menu has a nice range of choices. I had the grilled grouper and it was very good. Generous sides for all the meals. Prices are reasonable. Service is always good.