“Excellent food and eclectic service!”
Review of Ocean View Terrace

Ocean View Terrace
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is operated by husband (eclectic host and server) and wife (chef). There are a variety of delicious options to choose from. Service is fun and efficient. Visited twice during my last trip!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The best of what we have had in Statia – and options are not many. Excellent local specials including goat and conch as well as catch of the day. Very friendly staff, too.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

From the Old Gin House, we took the short but steep walkway up for dinner at the Ocean View Terrace. We arrived before it was officially open, but the owner welcomed us inside, served wine and offered the menu right away. (The official opening time was 6:30 PM.) The sunset view across the fort and over the bay was beautiful. My daughter and I split the West Indian style fish curry; my husband had fried fish. A small green salad came with each entree. The curry fish was some of the best I have ever eaten. Our sides were rice & peas, scalloped potatoes and lasagna - one side comes with an entree but we ordered an extra because we were sharing. Well worth the hike! Tip: If you plan to go after dark, do take a flashlight as the walkway and streets are cobblestone and quite irregular.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We so enjoyed our diner at Ocean View Terrace! The owner welcomed us and his wife manned the kitchen. We both had fish, but of different variety and were wonderful. Our plate was full! Not only did we get fish, but our side dish was lasagna! Everything was wonderful. Will definitely go back when we return next year!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The roof terrace dining experience with view of old Dutch fort is unforgettable. A gentle breeze calms the mind and soul while feasting on authentic Caribbean fayre. I dine regularly here and my favorite mains are goat or conch stew. Wine list is not extensive but this is easily eclipsed by good conversation and stunning view. Owners are Rene and Loris and their very friendly service is much to be appreciated. Every late Friday night, the restaurant turns into a karaoki experience where local singing talent is really quite good. Rythms are latino and only a few of the guests have two left feet. With a bit of luck, you might spot my wiggling version of Salsa in tight trousers - a bit like a couple of boiled eggs in a handkerchief. Excellent food and excellent atmosphere!