Punta Morro Hotel
US$71
US$130
US$96
Hotwire.com
Posada El Rey Sol(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$65
Hotels.com
US$205
US$115
Official Hotel
Hotel Casa Del Sol(Ensenada)(Great Value!)
US$75
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfire pitswordfishone bedroom suitehear the waves crashingocean viewclean rooms and groundsrocky coastlinewonderful dayshot tubrooms face the oceanoverlooking the waterhotel restaurantdining tablepool areatop floorthird floorpositive reviews
Reviewed 19 May 2017

After some bad experience in a larger hotel in Ensenada, we decided to relax at Punta Morro for the second half of our trip to Ensenada. We liked the smaller size of the resort which is on the outskirts of town, but close enough to drive to the center within 5 minutes.
The rooms are newly decorated, practical and efficient and with good taste. All rooms have view on the bay.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, from check-in to check-out.
The restaurant on the property is beautifully located and the menu offers something for everybody. Wine list and bar menu are well structured and again, the staff if very friendly.
Will we go back? - Yes, it is our new place in Ensenada.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bajatraveller38
Management response:Responded 30 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. As a Hotel, one of the ways we can know if we are doing things right is by receiving feedback from you, our guest. The fact that you mentioned about our friendly staff it is a good indicator that we are on the right way. We are pleased to know we are your new place in Ensenada!

Thank you again for your comments.

Punta Morro Hotel.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Booked this because of so many positive reviews. During my booking I asked for quiet area with no traffic/crowd noises. The hotel itself seems to have had renovations within the past 5 yrs but structured like to old school motor Inn. Room doors facing parking lot. Grounds were well maintained. Our room was a nice size with balcony. From the balcony you can see the pool, rocky coastline and across the bay to Banda and the islands just off the coast. Great view. Behind the hotel is guest parking and the University, UABC, pretty run down from Punta Morra side. Bed was too soft but some like it that way. Room was clean with plenty of space. Living area was OK, may have been a fireplace in the room at one time??? Bathroom and vanity were a comfortable size. Again, all very clean. Pool area was well kept, water cold, sauna warm and ready for any germs…
What made the stay was the restaurant and one special person. I have to say, the food was world class, some the best I’ve ever had. The beer and wine selection are from the region, give it a try, I love the beer recommendation. After a few night of the highlife I wanted some local affair but the restaurant had that too, off the menus but excited to cook-up what ever we wanted, so good! Last night we had Ribeye, tasty… and the swordfish. To be honest, I’ve never seen such a large cut of fish served by any restaurant. That swordfish had to be two inches thick and tip to tip on the plate… Wow! Now to make the experience all that much better at Punta Morro was “Alberto.” You’ll find him behind the bar or serving meals. One of the most genuine, humble person I’ve ever met. He makes it happen, promise – Punta Morro is lucky to have him! The staff in general are great, very respectfully and bend over backwards to accommodate. With all good comes a few improvements I would personally like to see for the money. Wait service at the pool, maybe a bar???? And a fitness center would be nice. All around update to interior/exterior. For the price guest pays, it’s time to reinvest. Dear reader, if you have poor sleeping habits like me and need quiet our room window was facing parking lot (constant surf sound does not apply), get a room, if they have one away from the parking/restaurant. Every night guest would leave the restaurant after trying the local wine & beer and they are loud, same with their car remotes and exhaust. In the early morning, grounds crew are at it with power equipment along with delivery and trash trucks beep beep beep… very unsettling. Enjoy your stay and introduce yourself to Alberto!

Room Tip: away from parking lot and restaurant
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rkbzdsa
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The bed was large enough to fit my husband, me and my 2 year old. The living room area was bigger than I expected and there was a dining table as well. All the furniture looked new. The patio was large and the furniture there was also clean and new. I liked that it had a kiddie pool, adult pool and a decent size jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was not too hot so the kids were able to get in. The pools were also heated so we were able to get in even though it was a bit windy. The restaurant actually had really good seafood dishes. Everyone was very pleasant and treated us kindly at the hotel despite us having two screaming children. The hotel only has a few units so it was never too packed, but we were also not completely alone, so it was the perfect volume of people for us. They also have a fire pit by the pool area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Kao Nou X
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing right on the ocean with an amazing view from the restourant you can enjoy the view the food is great fresh fish lobster and Mexican food served in a very great way . If you are in Ensenada this is a mast

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Domenico C
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We traveled to Ensenada for a weekend getaway. The resort is tucked away and all of their rooms face the ocean. We chose a suite and enjoyed a very spacious, modern room with wonderful amenities. The staff there went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. Definitely dine at their restaurant. They offer a superb brunch buffet and a wide assortment for dinner. However we also loved leaving the resort area to go downtown. I look forward to future trips to Ensenada!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family