“Whale Sharks, Sea Lions, and Isla de Espiritu Santo”
Review of Baja Desconocida

Baja Desconocida
Ranked #4 of 70 Tours in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Baja Unexplored is a company of alternative tourism or ecological tourism for all lovers of nature, composed of young entrepreneurs and enthusiasts, natives of the town. Dedicated to provide tourist services of great quality, exploring the wonderful places and landscapes that can be found in the beautiful peninsula of Baja California. Adapting every tour to the needs of each customer, always seeking the best option to ensure their satisfaction with personalized tours, trying to give the best service possible for the client to take a pleasant experience home, in addition to all that, we also offer the plus that photograhs provide to all our trips, we sell the experience and we keep it for you in a great photo.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our day spent on the water with Yosef of Baja Desconocido Tours. The day was an exciting adventure which included swimming with whale sharks, sea lions, and hiking Isla de Espiritu Santo. We were also treated to a delicious ceviche lunch. Yosef comes from a long line of experienced watermen- there's a National Geographic article from the 70s about his grandfather who dove for a pearl that went into Queen Elizabeth's crown in the 40s.

All reviews
"stand up paddle boarding"
"private beach"
"yousef"
in 22 reviews
"dorian"

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I felt somewhat nervous about taking my nine year old out to experience the whale sharks, given his swimming ability. But Dorian was everything you could ask for in a guide. The entire time in the water, he stayed with my son, pointing out coral features, wildlife, generally keeping watch over his welfare. The same can be said for the other guides during our whale shark experience. It's evident they are highly motivated to ensure we got everything out of the trip as possible. Highly recommend, especially if you have children. They won't let you down.

1  Thank Pharmakos28
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Yosef and Juan really delivered - we got to see both dolphins and whale sharks up close and personal. The only drawback was that we were coming from Cabo san Lucas, and our 11AM trip was pushed to past noon because of the number of boats allowed in the area at one time. It would have been nice to know that a bit earlier. I'm glad they're protecting the whale sharks by not allowing too many people in the water at once, and they have rules allowing for a quieter experience for the whale sharks. If you have an 8 AM trip you shouldn't have a problem, but call if you have a later trip to make sure it will go out on time. BTW - the whale sharks are FAST; be prepared to swim after them! I slept well that night!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

The place where you practice this activity is amazing, just imagine a desert next to the ocean, followed to a beautifull sunset (Then if it's possible, please practice this during the afternoon). Honestly speaking is something tire due to the sand, but the experience is awesome and unforgettable. The instructors are attentive, frendly and fun; I could almost swear that they really enjoy their job. XP

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I work in eco tourism, so I have fairly high standards for wildlife experiences.

So when I say that these folks are great, I mean REALLY great. The guide and captain were knowledgeable and friendly. I felt like the animals were respected and not harassed. The boat was clean and safe. I couldn't ask for more! In fact, when my friend and I decided to book snorkeling at Isla Espiritu Santo, we chose to go back to this company.
My advice: don't forget your towel, wear plenty of sunscreen, and don't forget to tip then for their efforts!