Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn
Ranked #2 of 28 La Paz B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 February 2017

I could write a lot about Hacienda Paraiso in La Paz, and it would all be good. First, Richard was an awesome host. He started with a great summary of what to do, marking a map with great recommendations. Richard is a very interesting guy with a huge range of things he knows about and is willing to talk about and we enjoyed getting to know him. He also arranges tours and gets good deals for all his guests. The B&B has a lovely courtyard with a tiled pool, mature plantings, artistic touches,and resident hummingbirds and owls. A relaxing green retreat from the dust of La Paz. The room was beautifully decorated and functional, with rocking chairs just outside the door. When our toilet broke, it was fixed right away. The breakfasts were delicious and varied from day to day; always including tropical fruit and good coffee, followed by gourmet cooked Mexican food, always with fresh avocado. We enjoyed exploring La Paz and its restaurants, shops, bars, museums, and waterfront. The Carnival was lots of fun. I suggest guests rent a car as it is a long walk to the main part of town. However, there is an excellent supermarket and some good restaurants within a short walk. Thanks again Richard for a great stay and Linda and I hope to be back someday.

Room Tip: I would ask for one of the rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FloridaFunlover
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear Erick,
I very much appreciate your very kind words. We are so happy that you and Linda enjoyed your stay and would very much welcome you again when time permits. I do enjoy sharing with the guests and with you as a biologist, it is extra fun.

We do like to share the artistry of the Mexican artisans and find it interesting that some people would visit Mexico and would stay in a motif such as Italian or German, why? When I go to Europe, that is what I want European, not Mexican.

We are very different from the other B&Bs in La Paz. For the extra $5 or 10 dollars a night, you get a $1000 worth of beauty and bonuses.

I always recommend a car when in La Paz. It is not the 20 min walk to the Malecon,
but the fact that all of the beaches, beautiful bays and day trips are all outside of town; that is what makes La Paz so special. And I apologies! I kept waiting for the right moment to show you my lab, and then ran out of time, so sorry. When you return, we spend some time in the lab. And when I get to Fla., I really want to see your biological station.

So for now, it was a great pleasure spending time with you and look forward to another
Repeat. Stay well,

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We stayed there only 2 nights , but it was totally beautiful and peaceful. I loved the design , everything was mexican and every room is different . Our room was perfectly clean and the staff take care of us all the time. We appreciated the care which staff showed to us, so nice and friendly people who make your staying more enjoyable. In Hacienda Paraiso they take care about everything- everything is clean, breakfast was super nice and area is gorgeous. Thank you for everything, we will totally come back another time! Greetings from Sibilla and Einars from Latvia, Mexico and New York!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear Sibilla and Einars,
Thanks for taking time to share your wonderful thoughts on your recent visit.
Gloria Laura and Iare happy that your stay was so special. Of course we wish you had spent more time and could have gotten to know La Paz more thoroughly. I enjoyed you both and wish I could have gotten to know you even better.
Your appreciation of the beauty of the Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz is happily received and we are all here to help you enjoy yourselves on your return. I know I say this much but you are beautiful people and we are honored to be able to share the Hacienda Paraiso with you and hope your visit will be a cherished memory..
We wish you the best of everything!
Until next time,
Gloria Laura and Richard of Long Island New York, San Francisco, and La Paz Mexico

Reviewed 22 February 2017

The place was gorgeous, clean and well maintained. Gloria and Richard were extremely helpful; they set up our tours and recommended excellent restaurants. We always looked forward to the delicious breakfast in the patio and greeting the friendly dogs and cat.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Karina,
Thank you so much for your wonderful words. Gloria Laura and I are very happy that your experience of La Paz 's most beautiful B&B, Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz was filled with so much enjoyment. You and Keith are beautiful young people ( yes, compared to me , everyone is young) and we especially enjoyed helping you explore the La Paz area.We look forward to seeing you again and again offering some great advice for more enjoyment. There remains much to see and explore. And try a different time of year for a different experience!
Thank you again, best of everything until next time.
We miss you, Richard and Gloria Laura

Reviewed 12 February 2017

My husband and I spent 8 nights with Richard and Gloria. If you enjoy the personal touch while on vacation, you will get it in spades at Hacienda Paraiso. Our room was clean and filled with beautiful tile and the grounds were immaculate. Richard and Glorida tend to have breakfast (prepared by their cook) with their guests and encourage stimulating conversation. As mentioned in other reviews, they took the time to book excursions, find a personal tour guide and arrange transportation to and from the airport. Despite their encouragement to rent a car, we managed to walk the mile and a half to the center of town and appreciated the extra exercise. Richard and Gloria were the consummate hosts - concerned with our enjoyment of La Paz and well-being throughout.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Dear Phyllis,
Thanks for taking time from your extremely filled schedule to write your lovely words of praise. Both you and Ned were a joy to have as guests and easily stimulated ,((conversation wise). How time flies when you are having fun and fun it was. I' m so happy you didn't split your trip into a couple days here and a couple there. You had a chance to explore and see the beauty around La Paz and have some day trips to boot.
I am so happy that you did a day trip to Todos Santos and didn' waste valuable time on an overnight., not much to do ( I don't like people telling me, " if I had only known", You know now ( nice place for a few hours).
We appreciate your kind words. We are immaculate or try to be, We are always concerned so that we can assist you to have a very special experience while at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz. And yes you two did the 8 days without a car. We and you were resourceful, it can be done. But you and Ned ,even at 76, are walkers and in your heart explorers. I I still recommend a car to maximize your experience of the beauty and diversity of the area ( there is no better base camp in BAJA than La Paz).
I am happy for Ned that he found the evasive plate ( inside joke) and that his collection has grown. We wait for your return, the dart players need Ned.
Stay well and stay warm,
Best of everything,
I

Reviewed 3 February 2017

What a find! Friendly and knowledgeable hosts, Gloria and Richard, provided tips and information on places to shop and eat, areas to visit, reviewed a variety of excursion options and even booked them for us. Rooms and grounds are spacious and clean; delicious and filling breakfasts on the veranda every morning were the perfect way to start our days. Off-street parking in their garage was a plus. We loved interacting with their friendly and well-behaved and much loved chihuahuas, grey parrot, cat and even Traveler, the tortoise. Two horned owls perched among the many palm trees on the lovely grounds. Will definitely stay with them again when we are in La Paz!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HaciendaParaiso, Owner at Hacienda Paraiso de La Paz Bed and Breakfast/Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

Dear Marc and Karen,
Thanks for taking time to publish your review. We appreciate your very positive comments. But they can hardly do justice to the wonderful conversations we shared and the laughs over breakfasts. We hope the needed rest you deserve and the stimulating adventures you experienced gave you the perfect balance.
We miss you guys and look forward to a repeat performance. La Paz has much more to share and a different seasonal perspective would be in order. I am glad you are cutting back to a 4 day week. Take care health wise and know for sure that when Gloria Laura and l get up to Maine someday, we will be saying hello to you.!
Until then, only happy journeys,