“Worst Service Ever”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2015 via mobile

Went here for dinner with my husband last weekend.

The atmosphere was very nice but that's it.

When we arrived, before we were seated, my husband asked to see the lobster. The waiter left us at the entrance for almost ten minutes without offering us a table while he went to find the lobster.

We decided to seat ourselves because the waiter didn't appear to be returning. There were only two other tables with customers in the restaurant so they were not busy.

When the waiter finally returned with a lobster, we placed our order. I ordered the lobster and my husband ordered the shrimp.

With the lobster they served an ounce of cold white rice and a boiled potato. The shrimp came with an ounce of cold rice and vegetables.

I ate some of the lobster before asking for something to open the claws with. They offered to open it for me. Instead of doing it at my table, the took away the lobster and brought me back a small plate with five little pieces of lobster meat on it. I'm sure they were eating the rest of my lobster in the kitchen.

They didn't even bring me back my cold ounce of rice and the boiled potato. The waiter seemed surprised that I even asked for them! He brought me back another small plate with an ounce of even colder white rice and a boiled potato.

My husband was also dissatisfied with the shrimp as it tasted old.

We were not asked if we would like drink refills

We were still hungry when dinner was done and went to McDonald's and had much better service

There are newer reviews for Beto's Condesa

Reviewed 3 January 2015

I like to enjoy authentic meals and this place really did not do it for me. It wasn't bad but it wasn't memorable.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

A somewhat untypical place, the entry down the winding stairs down the tropical mountain gets your interest. Then a white table top beach front table awaits. Started with fresh appetizers and did lobster, which must have just been caught. Ample portions and not to expensive. Service was nice enough and Michael the GM did some cool table magic for us when we finished, very special n fun. We even enjoyed the calico cat that popped by for scraps, sorry there were none! Only negative is the bathrooms are in need of gutting. Come on owner you have such a great cool thing going, update your nasty bathrooms.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We ate here twice on our recent vacation. The food is good for the price. Sadly we went very late and they were running low on options. THe second time around we went early and they had mostly everything we ordered.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Once again, Chocolate Clams at Beto's. Followed by lobster. Cold beer, good service, beach view and ocean breeze. I need to go there again and again.