“What a View”
Review of Zibu

Zibu
Reserve with OpenTable
Zibu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 400 Restaurants in Acapulco
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: Mexican, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This place is a must stop! Sitting on top of the cliffs about a 15 minute drive from the airport, the view is incredible. Set up like an outdoor beach hut, this place is very unique and beautiful. A large group of us sat on the terrace and everyone enjoyed the food and drink. Lamb chops were outstanding and we tried one of every appetizer offered. We quickly had to order another round as they were devoured instantly. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Ambiance was great with the amazing view. Service was excellent. The view was amazing. Food was good. A little on the spendy side for Mexico, but when you add it all up it was worth it.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My husband and I dined at Zibu based on reviews from Trip Advisor. We took at cab from our hotel. It was not clear where the reception desk was located. We made reservations but we were not greeted to see where we would be seated and felt ignored upon entering. The atmosphere is very tropical and peaceful. u husband ordered the young coconut broth which mentioned chicken and coconut broth. He did not note any mushrooms listed but that seemed to be a main ingredient. He is not a mushroom fan so he was disappointed. the broth had a good flavor . I ordered the goat cheese salad which was okay except it was wet. I had a lot of water on my plate as I was finishing the salad. There was only a small amount of goat cheese noted. We both ordered the lobster tail which was grilled and overcooked. It had soy sauce on it and tasted more like marinated steak than lobster. We each ordered two margaritas which were small and poured to about about 2/3 of the glass. The waiter removed my husband's glass before he was finished. The total bill was 152.00 dollars so for the price and quality not impressed. We usually at least tip 15 % and most of the time 20%. We tipped 10 % due to the food and wait staff and the waiter sure let us know he was not happy. The brought the bill and asked for the tip ahead of time which is not typical. I would not recommend this restaurant due to the cost and quality.

1  Thank Irish4052
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to come here for a romantic dinner. The view over looking the ocean was beautiful & watching the sunset with my husband was priceless. The food was gourmet with perfect portion. Everything we had was delicious.
We ordered the tuna app & the fish roll app which were so so good!!
For main course we had Seabass with truffle & red snapper with curry
Both were so so yummy. For dessert we had coconut ice cream with surprise crispy chip which were carrots!!! This was so so yummy we couldn’t believe it. We both had wine & only came to $110 Canadian!! I would recommend this restaurant.
H

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Had dinner at Zibu on Feb. 13/2018 ...what an amazing experience. The restaurant itself is unique in architecture. The setting is gorgeous, the food is outstanding and the service is exceptional. This would be a perfect place to have a special event.