Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan
El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$110
US$149
US$145
  • Pool
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$109
El Cid Granada Country Club(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$80
  • Pool
Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$97
Emerald Estates(Mazatlan)
US$1,681
1,684 results
All reviewspueblo bonitoemerald bayluxury suitepb maztime shareactivities staffgolden zonesister resortsmaller poolgreat beachsecond hometimeshare presentationwater volleyballfree shuttleshrimpboogie boardingbeach vendors
Reviewed 31 March 2018

First off...Every single staff person we encountered was truly, really friendly! No kidding. I'm from Chicago and I can complain! The grounds are gorgeous. If you want a challenge, see how many different birds you can count or take a pic of. Wished we had the kids do this at the beginning of the trip.

My family of 5 have been to different all inclusive resorts for the past 10 years. Normally,
you check in and then walk into any bar or dining option and grab what you want, or get served at a sit down or bar and then get up and leave. Here there is a check involved with every bar or food encounter that you sign. You will see the Dollar amount and the peso amount. Tipping is not expected. But we tipped a few $ after every meal and We tipped $20 a day at the pool for the server who attended us. I didn't bug me to do this.
It would have been helpful to me to have gotten this lowdown before we came bc the first day was odd. The front desk doesn't give you this info on check in.

Coffee is NOT AVAILABLE until 0700am. There is no coffee or to go- cookie, lite breakfast station for those who are up everyday at 0500am Chicago time. You can order room service but that is not part of all inclusive.

There is no common lobby area to go if you are up at 0500am or if it is raining. I am sitting outside at the pool at 0525 writing this. My fingers are freezing.
Every night and every 0500am has been pants, long shirt, wind coat weather. I have worn what I wore from 30'F Chicago everyday.

Pool entertainment way below par of typical all inclusive resort. They had a few pool activities but did little to promote fun. WE have enjoyed when the staff gets the people involved but none of that here.The pool music was repeated. We heard J Gilles band at last 3 times I think. NO NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT. Kelly's bar has guitar player but under 18 not allowed. I asked if they knew when the guitar player was going to be there.
No-one could tell me so we never went.

For kids who want to go in the ocean. The main beach is treacherously rocky. Walk to the far end of the resort by the sit down dinner place, not the buffet. Go to beach directly below that. There is a good stretch with no rocks and you can walk out very far before it gets deep. You have to walk through a patch of seaweed and then its normal sand.Decent body surfing.

Easy to go to the sister resort in the city and nice to get away and have a change of pace. The city was booming with new buildings going up. This was the first year we saw Mazatlan as a destination for spring break. Its really big! I think Mazatlan was not advertised much in the past bc had too much drug/gang activity??? They concentrated on cleaning it up and clearly are focusing on getting expats to retire there. Glad we went to this new place in the world.
Again, I found myself on an excursion thinking this is insanity. We did an ATV "jungle"
really scrub/desert, beach tour. It was worth the $$ but we literally, drove like cars through the city for miles! Through buses, trucks and cars! We went to this ATV dust, dirt, up and down and around track. Repeat covered in dust when done but blown off on the way home. My 15 year old son loved it. The things we do for kids cause I'm done w zip lining, water parks, atvs, paint ball, laser tag, trampoline, etc!!

Getting spa services in foreign countries are truly experiences. I thought I was getting a salt scrub thing but what really got was akin to a bed bath. Tad on the humiliating weirdness side. Complete with a stomach massage where my boobs were out. I don't know.....
WIFI is good, shower in room were good, TV is English broadcasting from New York. Food overall probably better than most al inclusive but I'm not a Foodie. Rooms were fair to middle. Beds were full size and need new mattresses. Overall ok by me. Great View of the ocean!

Pools were great for people with small children bc the had many areas contiguous with the larger pools but enclosed like kiddie pools.Plan to bring your own raft or buy one here. The 4 days before Easter most people take off and its like a party week here in Mazatlan. The city is a destination and grid locked with beach partyers. not our scene. This resort is probably mostly timeshare. All the locals were here at the resort the past 3 days and not a chair to be found. I felt bad people were sitting on the grass. They need more seating. I am up at 0500am as I mentioned and have had my pick of seating. They lounge chair saving situation has almost all chairs"reserved" by 930am...
With these things in mind, I would go again but not during Holy Week. I would eat in the city and do more things out of the resort.

Room Tip: Request ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JanineAnn
GM_PBonito, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Jeanine Ann.
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to do a detailed and informative review on your recent visit to Pueblo Bonito Resort. Your comments will give ideas to future travelers about what to do in Mazatlan. We also appreciate your nice and charming words to our staff, our amenities and services. It was our pleasure to assist you.!
We will like to be honor of hosting you back soon on this your home.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We choose this hotel for it's location close enough to the golden zone, town and the melacon for easy access. We were under the impression, from their web site, that the hotel was shifting to cater to all inclusive travellers. This certainly did not seem to be the case in any way. While the hotel is busy upgrading and has an entire section under construction, our room was old and tired an musty. Mildew in the bathroom was rampant.Two rooms next to ours were under renovation so for the first 3 days of our 7 day stay we had to step over construction materials and walk around workers from early in the morning until past 8 pm. When we checked about moving into one of these rooms we were told at the front dest that they were 'show sites' for time share.
The only restaurant open during the day everyday served lovely meals. The food was well prepared, fresh and tasty. However, with only one limited menu, it certainly became monotonous to eat there because of lack of variation. Breakfast buffet was exactly the same everyday. No variation at all. For time share, more restaurants are needed. Angelos was good and we made reservations twice. More than that would be repeating meals. as a result we ended up eating out and paying for meals more that we would typically for an all inclusive stay. We did travel to PB Emerald Bay a couple of times to eat however found the menus in the restaurants to be very similar so did not provide the variation we hoped for. Plastic flowers on the tables at both resorts is tacky and unappealing. Lacking in detail for the resort management to not make a better effort to make things more appealing.
Maps and signage at both hotels were confusing and not useful at all. At PB Mazatlan, there were way to many dogs on the beach which left you watching where you walked. Concierge services at PB Mazatlan was sadly poor. There was one individual who was present mot of the time of our stay. She was most disinterested n her job and less than helpful. Infant, provided incorrect information and phone numbers. We looked for days for our Sunning rep to no avail. When we finally were provided a correct phone number to contact Sunning in Maztlan, we were informed by them that the hotel would not provide them space to meet with their all inclusive guests as all of the available space was provided for the time share sales people. Even trying to get access to the Sunning binder was presented as an inconvenience to the concierge. We finally asked at the front dest and were provided with some adequate assistance. Bottles of water had to be signed for...as did it seems everything. And bottles of water were not accessible until the bar opened so if enough were not collected the night before, we had to wait until the bar opened to get water.
The only redeeming quality to this hotel is it's wait staff. The staff in the restaurants and around the pool were incredibly courteous and willing to assist in any way they could. Most had a great sense of humour and interacted and laughed with guests, always ready to make you smile. They were fast and efficient and hands down the best thing about our stay there. Other than the dogs, there is a long stretch of lovely beach to walk. Garage could certainly be picked up more regularly.

Room Tip: Don't reserve here for an all inclusive stay.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Melanie.
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to review Pueblo Bonito Resort. We always appreciate honest feedback from our guests, and I have taken note of your comments in regards to our service, property and the staff. We work hard to ensure the upmost level of service and comfort, and I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. Regarding your experience with the Sunwing rep. He is not part of hotel staff. But sunwing will be informed about it.
We will like to have the opportunity of hosting you back soon on this your home.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Had a great room but next season there will be construction...
The service was excellent and we want to especially thank Fernanda at the front desk who was so very helpful with all questions and concerns.....she is a delightful person and knows her hotel very well. She was even able to give us recommendations for our second week at the Emerald Bay.
Thank you Fernanda!

Room Tip: depends if you want view or privacy or sun or shade etc
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John F
GM_PBonito, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear John.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your last visit to our hotel. I'm glad you experienced a comfortable and great stay. Fernanda comes to work every day with a great motivation feeling; she really loves what she do and I am sure your lovely comment will stimulate her to keep providing our guest with memorable experiences.
Will be our honor to hosting you back soon on this your home.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The staff at Puebla Bonito Mazatlán make the Resort feel like your surrounded by friends. From the time you check in with Patty, Cindy, Jesus welcoming you. On to the pool we go with Jorge at the towel booth with his big friendly smile ready to welcome you. The Servers around the pool are fabulous always making sure your taken care of. Can’t wait for the renovation to be completed.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
GM_PBonito, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Charlene.

It is our great honor, to have hosted you these past years. I am sure that the luxury surroundings of the resort and the dedicated service that your find with us are large factors in returning. We also appreciate youtr charming words to our staff, they come to work everyday with a great motivation feeling. They really loves what they do and will keep providing with memorables experiences to our guest. We all llok forward to hosting you back soon on this your home.
Kind regards

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The internals, plumbing, electrics, furnishings needed upgrading so these changes are welcome. However, the plans to sanitize the exterior, not so much......it will be sad to lose the charming Hacienda style architecture, that made this hotel so unique.
We will be back next year, but the pull as always comes not from the architecture or the restaurants, but from the staff of the hotel, who still put out 150%, while trying to mitigate the results of the disruptive construction. Patti and Cindy at the front desk. Jorge and Jazmin and Carlos at the pool and activities...........and all the people we meet out and about, the Pulmonia and truck drivers, the staff at the restaurants on the beach, on the Malecon, in the old town, round the Plaza Marchado, always good food and great service......the best in seafood anywhere...........

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank BARRY J

Dear Barry.
Thank you very much for your kind review . We appreciate for taking the time to share your experience. We feel honored that you found in Pueblo Bonito Resort the perfect place to enjoy with your lovely ones. We are so excited to welcome you back again to this your home.
Kind Regards.