“It was a fun trip !!”

El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Our trip to Mazatlan was great from the start. Hotel staffs were very friendly, knowledgable and helpful. We had both oceanview and city view since we got a corner 2 bedroom suite....the view was soo amazing! The room was clean and the housekeeping was very friendly.
Great location. We took a local bus to get to downtown area instead of taking a taxi....very easy and cheap to go around the city.
Beautiful beach, but the current is very strong through out day and night. But it was fun.

Hotel Restaurants have great food and choices. We usually avoid buffet style meals because the place get too crowded. We tried 6-7 different restaurants during our stay there. We have to do dinner reservation 24 hrs prior to going in order to get the place we wanted. Our fav. restaurant is El Patio (Venezuela restaurant). The hotel staffs and rest. staffs surprised us with special treats (a small bottle of wine, a small cake and chocolate covered strawberries) for our honeymoon stay.
I have to say though...there are lots of family vacationers. So there are lots of kids around and they can be a bit loud. However, that does not bother us.
Overall...we had a great time. People there in general are very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Dear julieyaung

Thanks a lot for taking the time to share this review. It is great to read that you chose us to celebrate such an important event in your lives, your honeymoon, and were pampered by our staff. It gives us a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, service, accommodations, Food and the great location of El Cid Moro.

I am glad as well, to hear that you took the opportunity to visit most of the dining choices that El Cid offers and all of them were to your liking, especially, our Argentinian restaurant, El Patio. We expect to be honored to host you next year to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with a romantic dinner at El Patio.

Congratulations!!!

Raul Hernandez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,870)

Reviewed 20 July 2011

As a Platinum owner of El Cid (Cancun) our family decided to try Mazatlan this trip. Pick -up at airport was great. I expected the free offers for the 90min promo, got what I asked for. Check in was fast Leslie did a great job, got my 25% off my all inclusive, as that was what we had planned to do. Checked in at El Morro but our 2Bdrm Suite was in Casilla on the 18th floor. Clean and dated but very comfortable,view was fantastic.
Shower water temp was unadjustable. Only 2 small elevators for the building so wait was long or a packed elevator.
The pools were packed and loud with wild kids, where's the parents? Last time I go in July. Lifeguards were very overloaded but aware of safety. Waves were large on the beach and they did a great job policing it keeping people out. As others have explained beach peddlers are ruthless.
We used the VIP pool, waiters were spread very thin and wait for drinks were unexceptable even with being a good tipper. We ate Ala Carte (make reservations 24hrs ahead is the norm) food was good, but expectedand have had better. Food and service consistency was unexceptable fot ELCid.
Wife: Relaxing at the SPA was not accomplished with 40 or more kids running down the hall. I also had several workers talking loud and laughing outside my massage room. My massage therapist did address the workers. She was very good too (Ana).
All in all we had a great time but consistancy needs to be achieved. I also didn't appreciate getting charged for coffee in my room.
My son an I went golfing and had a great time Barry our caddy was exceptional , he was not only a great caddy but had helpful advice for both my son and I on our swings. He made our round enjoyable and we made a new friend.
All and all ElCid is a great value and I even upgraded to Gold knowing that as a vacation investment it is worth it . Well expect the ElCid will make corrections.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank poahi
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Dear poahi

Thank you for taking the time out to post this detailed review, we are delighted to read that this time you has decided to visit our resort in Mazatlan and have enjoyed of your stay. We are happy as well to read that you and your son had a great time playing golf in our Country Club and made a new friend, Barry. We appreciate your constructive criticism, as they give us the opportunity to reinforce those matters that require it, we immediately shared your information to the areas involved, be assured that in next visit to Mazatlan you will see corrections made; the most important to us is having satisfied guests and enjoying of all the services El Cid offers.

We look forward to welcoming you back and make you have another pleasant vacation.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2011

we were sopose to go to castilla, when we got off plane we were pushed into time share scam, we had to pay are cab fair there and back $62 us what they give back, got to the hotel they put us into the hotel connected (moro) so when we checked in then we were pulled over to a desk what was another time share<showed them are other ticket where they were very upset..the food was ok. went on the city tour scam the driver was the owner of both jellerwy stores we went to..Oh paid 1500 us for white gold diamond ring.WAS SILVER AND ZIRCON, and other ring was stone and silver<they dont have diamonds or white gold. Oh everybody got sick day 2 were in room rest of trip, found out we caught colera,was off work 2 extra weeks.. Will never go back oh yeah we got are camera stolen from vendors like 4 at a time around us,so pissed off,NEVER WILL GO BACK

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2011

Dear dennytberry

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. We sincerely regret that your stay was not as you had expected. One day we hope you decide to return to Mazatlan and experience it at its best, with all that it has to offer.

Please, if I can be of help, feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We just got back from a weeks vacation at The El Cid El Moro Beach Resort in Mazatlan. We had an amazing time!! We went on vacation with our family; 2 kids ages 10 and 11, my husband and myself, and my parents. The accommodations were perfect for the 6 of us. We had a suite on the 27th floor of the El Moro Tower with incredible views of the Pacific Ocean. (Just beware of the low railings out on the balconies!!) The pools at the resort were amazing, with cliff diving and waterfalls at each one. We spent most of our time there. The swim up pool bar was a lot of fun not only for us adults, but the kids enjoyed their "cocktails" too. Gaudie and Raymon, the bartenders, were the best!! Always had our next drink ready before the first one was finished, and ALWAYS served it with a smile!! Breakfast Buffet at La Concha was delicious, Rosy makes the best omellettes in the world! Lunches at the Pool Side Restaurant were great! But, unfortunately, our dinners were only "so,so"! We bought into the all-inclusive plan for the resort, but the places for dinner were not that good. Definitely recommend to stay away from the Sushi Bar over at the El Cid Country Club, it was horrible!! The rest of the restaurants were ok, at best, so we soon figured out ealry o to fill-up on breakfast and lunch!
Only other complaint I would have is that the beds are WAY TOO HARD! Unless you like laying on a board like mattress. My back was killing me every morning!
We would love to travel to another El Cid resort, and have planned to look into their places in Cancun and Cozumel for our next trip!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank shellyprn
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2011

Dear shellyprn

On behalf of all the staff at El Cid Moro Beach hotel, we would like sincerely to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We are really pleased that you found the accommodations perfect to your needs, as well as, to read that you and your family enjoyed of the pools, Food & Beverage service and appreciated the beautiful view from your room to the Pacific Ocean. I also appreciate you for mentioning us what are our opportunity areas. I assure you that comments will be taken seriously in order to take the necessary steps.

We look forward to serve all of you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2011

I came here with my mom only and was a little worried I wouldnt have a good time because I didnt know anyone my age. However, the staff was extremely friendly and always upbeat. they included me in the various games they play at the pool, even some sports on the beach. I am not usually one to go and make friends easily because I am shy. But i remember a couple of the staff members, specifically Joaquin Carpio, Carlos the lifeguard, and Aldo, another member of the staff, made me feel so included and confortable that i ended up having a better trip than i thought. I consider them good friends now. In fact, because i had such a great time getting to know them at the hotel,...they are part of the reason i am coming back, but for longer this time. I enjoyed my trip so much and cant wait to return and have another amazing time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacey_G41
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2011

Dear Stacey_G41

Thank you for sharing this kind review with other travelers. It gives me a great pleasure to read that you had a wonderful stay at El Cid Moro and to know that were treated with such a personalized and friendly service by our staff, especially service delivered by Joaquin, Carlos and Aldo. I am happy to learn that they made you feel very comfortable and welcome; your praises to their job are much appreciated. This is the kind of service that characterizes to El Cid.

All your friends here at El Moro and I personally will be waiting to your return. Please if you need any assistance to plan your next visit of two weeks with us, feel free to contact me.

By the way, thanks for sharing these amazing pictures with us.

Until soon,