Luna Palace Hotel & Suites(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$92
Bookit.com
Hotel Playa Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$180
El Cid Granada Country Club(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$99
  • Pool
Ramada Resort Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$58
El Cid Marina Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$393
Cancelon
  • Beachfront
2,192 results
All reviewsel morotime shareactivities stafffrancisco renteriabedroom suiteall inclusive packagethe penthousela pergolathe wait staffdeer islandtimeshare presentationfull kitchencity tourpool sideall inclusive planitalian restaurantour waiter
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We enjoyed our 1st trip to Mazatlan, saw the sights and loved the water. However, the most rememberable part of the trip was the experiences we had with some of the staff at El Cid. Uziel Herrera is the VIP Coordinator at El Cid and he is very personable, helpful and willing to go the extra mile. When we arrived we had ants in our room and the water that came out of the faucet was yellow. He coordinated the clean up of all the issues that we had and throughout the week kept an eye on us to ensure that we were comfortable and safe. He is very knowledgeable about the area and was able to recommend some fun places to visit.
Oliver was our bell boy when we arrived, and he helped us find great places to eat. Lucky for us there is a great restaurant right there on site. Felix was our server, we sought him out each time we ate at the large Palapa. I cannot remember the name of the restaurant but we really remember him, he remembered what we liked to drink and eat and spoke excellent english.
We visited from May 26th to June 2nd 2012. The only down fall from this trip is that they are working on the pool area that connects El Moro and the Castillas, the noise was at times unbearable. But we are sure it will be beautiful when they are finished.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peggy T
SalvadorSanchez, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear lay, On behalf of all at El Cid Moro, I would like to thank you for your wonderful review and for selecting Mazatlan and EL Cid Resorts to stay. It is always gratifying to us to know that our guests are having a wonderful time with us, and that Uziel, Oliver and Felix made that possible, as you experienced, our staff is always willing to help you and to attend with promptness to your needs, as they did.

I will share your comments to Uziel, Oliver and Felix, be assured that they will be so happy for your recognition to their service delivered. By the way, the name of the big papala restaurant, it is La Concha, and yes, our guests enjoy there of delicious food and an amazing view to the ocean.

We hope to see you very soon!!!

Salvatore Sanchez

Reviewed 6 June 2012

It's taken my family and I awhile to come on here to write our review but we just had to!! Our time spent at the El Cid was on January 3,2012 for a week. The beach was great. Really nice running down every morning. The lobby staff were very nice. Our hotel room view was really nice!!

The entire staff of waiters & bartenders were amazing. Great people. Buffet food was good. We checked out some restaurants off the resort too -> Ponchos was really good (they have a really nice pottery store next door for you ladies too) and also Fat Fish! They have really really tasty ribs that they BBQ.. Anyways, back to the El Cid resort -> One person who stood out 100% more than any one, was THOMAS! Our family really loved him. We ALWAYS, ALWAYS made sure to sit in his section on the beach. His english wasn't as good as others but he really stood out because of his big smile and how we was always making sure we had everything we need. You can tell he has a big heart. A real genuine person working there for us travellers trying to relax and enjoy Mexico!!! We would come back because we know El Cid has such a great staff member like him.

One small negative thing about our stay would be the people walking by selling things were CONSTANT. Once you say "no" they go to the end of where the people are (which is pretty short), they come back, and keep coming back. They shouldn't be allowed to be so close in our space. There are posts up for a reason. I heard they can pay a free to the hotel to do this.. Shouldn't be allowed. It's very annoying! When the same person comes back every 5 minutes and theres about 20 people doing it.. Isn't very relaxing! Probably the one complaint I have about staying here.

Other than that, amazing staff, good food and drinks. If you're going here make sure to see Thomas because he is a gem. Thanks Thomas for making sure our time at the El Cid was taken care of and great! It was a relaxing time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Krista R
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Dear amiga I love to read that you and your family had an amazing vacation, I can assure you that our staff will be more than happy when they read your review, it is clear that our efforts have been worthwhile, and of course we will continue working very hard in order to make our guests enjoy of all the services at the hotel as you did.

In regards to your comment of vendors on beach, I would like to inform you that they are controled and regulated by the municipal goverment who set them a payment of taxes, and as our goal is that you feel free of worries while vacation, our Security team is reinforcing they monitoring in that area in order to keep them away from you.

Amiga, we hope to see you soon at this your home to provide another memorable vacation.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband & I recently spent 2 weeks at the El Cid for our 41st anniversary. Without a doubt, the customer service from ALL staff was better than any we have ever encountered at a hotel or on a cruise in the past 20 years. Noe greeted us with a huge smile and we were VIP's the moment we walked through the doors. For our anniversary we were surprised to find champagne, 2 glasses, strawberries dipped in chocolate and the bed completely decorated in chocolates and flowers. All this from Marisela, Gisel, Julieta and the wonderful ladies in Customer Service and the room maids. Great job !! The next evening we were in El Patio(Argentinian) and were presented with a nice bottle of wine and a special cake. Amazing that anyone would attend to such detal. In La Cascada(Mexican), we had breakfast most mornings and again Humberto and his staff Antonio, Cuco, and Felix were welcoming and gave excellent service. The pool was beautiful and the view from our suite was fantastic. I had a great conversation in perfect German with the Mexican waiter Michel in the Italian restaurant. Again I thought, WoW !! Downstairs at La Conchita palapa bar, the waiters were so much fun, especially Ramon R. who was hilarious and Ramon with the eyebrows. We spent many hours around the pool and every single waiter knew our preferences and we were never without. We love you guys!! We felt totally safe in the area at all hours and are recommending the El Cid to everyone we talk to. It is all about the people and this hotel has the best !!

1  Thank bingomama
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear amigos, congratulations for your wedding aniversary!!!!!! Thank you so much for share such a special celebration with us. Believe me we are very happy and pleased to know that you had a great time during your stay with us. All our staff is always willing to help you, so be assured that Marisela, Gisel, Julieta and all the staff you mention by name will be so happy for your recognition to the great service they deliver, as you experienced by yourself, they are really commitment with our goal in making you feel happy and comfortable and make of your stay a wonderful vacations, and yes, our customer service is first class.

We hope to see you next year mis amigos in order to make you have another great wedding anniversary.

Hasta pronto!!!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed at the El Cid in the middle of May. I had originally booked with RCI at Balboa Towers, two weeks before I went to Mazatlan RCI canceled my reservation and rebooked me at the El Cid Moro Beach. This ended up being a very lucky break. I have always wanted to try the El Cid and Mazatlan and this was a great opportunity. This resort impressed me in many different ways. Clean beautiful grounds and resort buildings everywhere. Great service at all the bars and restaurants. We were booked into a two-bedroom suite in the residences. It was very spacious and included three full baths. We took advantage of the all-inclusive and enjoyed it very much. When you book 4 days of an all-inclusive you get one day free. The all-inclusive fee was $69 per day. Even though the hotel was not full you have to get to the beach early to get up a Palapa. I personally love sitting in the shade on a bright sunny beach so Palapa is important.

I recommend using the reservation restaurants as they are not nearly as crowded as the buffets. We used the buffets for breakfast and lunch primarily, the food was pretty much standard buffet fare. As for the reservation restaurants, they are much less crowded than the buffet lines the service is excellent. We made reservations at the Mexican, Asian, Italian and Argentine restaurants. Out of these four we enjoyed the Italian and the Argentine the most. They're very peaceful relaxing and the service is great, the food was good in all these restaurants.

As for excursions we went fishing one day and caught quite a few (16) " Jack Crevalle ". We took some to the Argentine restaurant and they cooked them up for us they were delicious. The people at the dive shop took us on WaveRunner's to the island. When you get to the island there are two places to get drinks. The more built-up one to the right and a tiny little place to the left. I recommend going to the place on the left. It is a tiny little shack run by one man who makes the drinks and works very hard to take care of you. By the way he makes the best margaritas in all of Mazatlan. Yes this place looks a little run down but don't let that put you off, set up under one of the ramshackle Palapa’s and enjoy yourself. While we were there we were visited by the Coati Mundi’s. They are kind of a cross between a raccoon and a monkey and a Fox. The man feeds them some tortillas and you can get some pictures with your camera very cool. The island is great for hanging on a deserted sand beach and swimming in May the snorkeling and diving was not very good. Another date we took a cab into the Mercado. It is full of knickknacks, local produce, is also a butcher shop in fishmarket, lots to look at in this place. From there it's just a block to the Cathedral, a beautiful Cathedral, very much worth taking a look at. After that we went to the Belmar hotel a beautiful 1940s or 50s hotel that was visited by Hollywood greats back in the day. I stood at the bar and had a beer were John Wayne did the same. It is also reputed to be haunted which is kind of fun and frankly, it looks kind of haunted. Then it was another cab ride to Joe's oyster bar. I highly recommend this place great oysters great spot on the beach lots of fun.

There was some construction going on the last few days. Jack hammers and such, I realize that a property this size needs lots of maintenence. We just avoided the areas when we could.

Overall the El Cid was great we had a beautiful room youthful view were taken care of by all the bartenders and all the waiters everything we wanted was there for the asking. I look forward to visiting the El Cid again.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite in the residences was huge.
2  Thank pepperman
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear amigo I love to read that you have chose us as your home away from home, and of course, to read as well that we fulfilled your expectations in facilities, service and food, by the way, our Chefs are happy to know that you enjoyed having dinner at our restaurants a la carte, definitely there is no better place in the area to enjoy of a delicious steak than in our Argentinean restaurant, or may be of a succulent pork marinated an achiote in our Mexican restaurant.

To tell the truth, it makes me happy to read that you took the time to visit some of the beautiful jewels that Mazatlan owns, such as the amazing cathedral, the main market and also that you went fishing, I am sure that you enjoyed of the delicious dish that our Chef prepared for you with the fishes caught; for your next visit feel free to contact me in order to provide you further information of more places of interest in the city to visit that really worth it .

All of us here at El Cid Moro are with open arms waiting for you again.

Su amigo,

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I had a great vacation in Mazatlan and much of my enjoyment was due to El Cid and its great staff. The accommodations were pleasant, the pool and beach areas were fantastic, and everyone working at the hotel was incredibly helpful and nice. I have to give a special shout out to Angel who was part of the Conchita Staff by the pool. Angel was was a great guy who treated my girlfriend and me in a wonderfully friendly and professional manner. Even though we were at the resort less than a week, Angel and I were on a first name basis and he always made sure my girlfriend and I were happy and comfortable. Thanks, man. El Cid is a great place to go if you want to hang out in the sun and eat great food when you visit Mazatlan.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible for excellent views of the beach, especially for the stunning sunsets.
2  Thank Neal F
CSElCid, General Manager at El Cid El Moro Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear friend, all of us here at El Cid Castilla are happy to know that you and your girlfriend had a wonderful stay and would like to thank you for your recommendation to others. As you experienced, our staff is committed in making you (our guests) have a wonderful stay and enjoyed every single detail of your vacation, so we are delighted to read that you enjoyed of the pools, accommodations and of the wonderful beaches of Mazatlan.

We look forward to serve you again in this beautiful port of the Pacific!!!