“Great food, except for the steaks”

El Patio Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 429 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated near the pool at El Cid Granada Country Club, this open-air Argentine restaurant is surrounded by peaceful gardens that provide the perfect backdrop for a relaxing dinner with friends and family. In addition to offering a la carte dinners that include exquisite selections of cut steaks and fine wines, this outdoor restaurant features delicious breakfast and lunch specialties.
Reviewed 10 June 2017

We loved the food here, but not the steaks. The flavor was OK, but they were tougher than a Vegas Call Girl. Try to find something else on the menu - shrimp, tuna, chicken, anything. I had the Top Sirloin and my wife has the Ribeye. Maybe I'm just spoiled with good steaks, but these are just not that good.

The salad bar was great, and the appetizers were amazing. Side dishes were excellent. Just not impressed with a tough piece of meat.

1  Thank mburnett2017

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Went there as a special occasion dinner for my spouses birthday on Saturday . Had arranged a birthday cake for her as well through El CID group. Expected nice setting on patio, and were seated in a dark room with little ambience at all. The steak dish ordered by my spouse was very greasy and tough. She ordered the prime flavour and we think she may have ended up with a marinated skirt steak. The meal I had was forgettable as I write this i can't even remember what I had. The service was below average as no one even came and asked about our meal or if we wanted further cocktails.

The big dropped ball..... the birthday cake I had ordered and told was from concierge at El CID Marina was there did not arrive at our table nor was anything even mentioned to me about it. Very disappointing experience. Lucky to give them a 3.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

This restaurant is really nice. I enjoyed the rib eye steak which was good. The service here was also awesome. We went twice our server the first time was Julian and he was one of the best servers ever. I wanted the short ribs but he said sometimes they were tough and that I would really like the Rib eye. The second time he wasn't there to talk me out of it and I ordered the ribs. He was right they were a little on the tough side but still tasted delicious. The deserts were also very good.

They had excellent live background music nightly as well. One night a guy with a big harp played. Amazing instrument.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Four stars for the beautiful romantic outdoor setting and of course, great service. The food was just OK. The one thing I learned while in Mazatlan is stay far away from any cut of steak. They just can't get good meat there for some reason. Stick with the fresh seafood and you'll do just fine.

1  Thank dkrstec
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Part of our all inclusive package form El Cid Castillo. Need to walk across overhead pedway to El Cid Granada. Our door seating, with candle lighting. Kinda dark.

Included self serve salad bar. Steaks were decent, avoid the short ribs (too tough).