All reviews full kitchen marina vallarta boutique hotel bed and pillows rooms are huge the general manager close to the airport home away from home air conditioning perfect location place to stay hammocks carlos taxis pv suite amenities
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

I loved this hotel in the Marina area close to wonderful restaurants.
Excellent smoothies for breakfast poolside that segue into wine at lunchtime has me wishing I could transport myself right back there.
The rooms are huge - 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a full kitchen if you want to prep and cook your own meals.
Front desk staff were especially helpful as taxis have a bit of a challenge finding the hotel (tip: have the address handy for taxis dropping you off as they're not familiar with the hotel so the street address will get you there faster than the name of the hotel)
I'd go back there in a hot minute for the lovely pool, large rooms and great value

Trip type: Travelled with friends
CarlosPJ, Gerente at Hotel San Tropico, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Hi Dayzie,

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Wonderful design,spacious 2 bdrm&bath condos,in a boutique setting.,nearly new. The staff,and everyone give you such a warm welcome. This our 2nd year staying here. Located in an upscale neighbourhood of beautiful homes,golf courses,& hotels. The bikes are great,and SarHafina does a wonderful job in the kitchen bar are? The landscaping is superb. A real find.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Mike & Audrey!!

We appreciate your positive feedback and we are so glad that your stay with us was favorable again. We´ll share this comment with the whole staff and we will miss you next year!! Have a great year!!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

From the butter-soft Calvin Klein sheets to the attentive care of staff members Eugenia, Diana, Serafina, Jaime and owner Carlos, this property is sheer perfection. It's like the tropical home-away-from-home you always wanted—fully independent apartments with complete kitchens, stylish contemporary furniture, flawless wifi and ultra comfortable king size beds. The pool is beautiful and impeccably maintained, and within reach of the onsite coffeeshop. The emphasis there is on fresh pressed juices and healthy smoothies, but the weekend brunch is something to write home about too. The neighbourhood is safe and picturesque, with the beach a 20-minute stroll away and the supermarket 20 minutes in the other direction, across from the golf course. You're a $10 cab ride away from the action of the Malecón, which means you can retreat away from tourist overload at your convenience. Truly, I'll be missing this haven until I come back next year!

Room tip: The best views of the golf course are on the second and third floors
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CarlosPJ, Propietario at Hotel San Tropico, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hi Isa!

We love to hear that your stay with us was more than great, we also love to hear comments like this one. We will be passing on this review to the whole staff and we want to thank you so much for choosing us as you home away from home. We are looking forward to see you and your husband next year!!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Adorable petit hotel in the heart of beautiful Marina Vallarta! We stayed there for 2 wonderful days, feeling like at home every single second. Such a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere in the common area and just incredible huge 2 bedroom suit packed with everything you need. Or breakfasts were beyond our expectations. All the personal was so helpful and always ready to answer all our question. We’ll come back soon and we’ll highly recommend this gorgeous place to our family and friends. Keep being so awesome San Tropico!

Trip type: Travelled with family
CarlosPJ, Gerente at Hotel San Tropico, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hi Lena, Thank you for reviewing us. A joy for me to read you found quality in all of our services and facilities! Please, visit us again soon, we would love to serve you at your home away from home. Regards, Carlos Pérez

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Honestly I wasn’t sure what I was getting ourselves into when I booked online. However I read the reviews and took a chance. Glad I did. Spacious apartment style rooms. Full kitchen with two bathrooms. Washing machine and dryer. Air conditioning in the main area and the bedrooms. Nice appliances too.

So quiet. Even though you’re by the airport you can’t hear the planes unless you’re on the balcony or in the pool. Wasn’t a distraction at all. Pool is nice. Quiet. There’s a small kids pool built into the main pool. The bar is close by and they make great drinks and food. We used Uber to get around. Make sure you take a screenshot of the place on Google maps. The Ubers and taxis have a hard time finding this place.

Very nice and helpful staff. They always smiled and greeted us kindly. Felt very welcomed. I would highly recommend this place. I travel a lot and would have no problems telling my friends and family about how great San Tropico is.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
CarlosPJ, Gerente at Hotel San Tropico, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Hi Don,

We are glad that you stayed with us in the end, we appreciate your feedback. We have been opened for 2 years and we do have a hard time with Ubers and taxis but hopefully with time they get to know us better.

We had a great time hosting both of you and so nice to hear from you again! I will personally share this review with the whole staff.

Hope to see you again in the near future!

Kind regards,