10 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 01/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 06/08/21
Trip.com
US$154
Free cancellation until 03/08/21
Westin.comUS$195
Hotels.comUS$195
TravelocityUS$195
2,270 results
All reviews royal beach club heavenly bed marina area breakfast buffet the club lounge swim up bar close to the airport time share main restaurant tennis courts convenience store beautiful property jacuzzi on the balcony ocean view tacos spring break pool side
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2021 via mobile

We found the property to be very clean & well cared for. The swimming pools are fabulous & beach was sufficient for our desires (snorkeling even, in the morning). I enjoyed the kayaks & paddleboards included in the “resort fee.” We did dinner nightly in the nearby Marina, an easy walk. The resort wasn’t crowded, but definitely busier on the weekend. The staff did their job, but not super friendly. Hugo helped us get a nice view from our room. El Palmar did a good job for breakfast, the meals took a while overall. The beds were comfy but the birds were quite loud on the balcony daily @ 7:30am. We would return again!

Room tip: Taxis up charge if you don’t use pesos. Stated ride $150 pesos, but charged $10 USD.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Eduardo Ballesteros, Director General at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Esteemed lunatrek,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. The comfort you derive from our facilities and service is our main objective. Rest assured that we strive to anticipate your needs and are committed to ensuring your total satisfaction. We sincerely hope we could host you again shall your plans ever bring you back to Puerto Vallarta. Be well.

Reviewed 7 June 2021

This is the first time we returned post COVID and were happy to see many of the familiar faces from the past and they welcomed us with smiling faces! We still love this property as it is in the Marina which is quieter than in town. Things were a little different though as some of the amenities/perks were gone. There are some newly remodeled rooms and great if you can snag one of those. The older rooms are OK - the views are still magnificent. We used to receive a small welcome gift in our room upon arrival - no more (we are Titanium level). There is no more Royal Beach Club where you get hot/cold breakfast, snacks and cocktails and food in the evening. There is no coffee or coffee machine in the room. (I heard that Marriott is kind of strict with policies recently) They did block off chairs around the pool for social distancing which was nice. The service at the pool as well as El Palmar were excellent as always. Their breakfast buffet was not the great selection as before and you have to ask the ladies behind the plexiglass exactly what you want. They kept starting off with a small plate and piled on my food on this tiny dish - I had to keep asking them for a larger plate so I could eat my choices comfortably. They still have their wonderful pool and they still have water toys like SUP, kayaks and bicycles to take around the area. It is open from morning until around 1pm. The guy who runs the shack is pretty cool and always helpful. The towel bar - well that's a bit different - I asked for 3 towels, and when my husband came by he wanted one more towel. She gave us a "look" and begrudgingly gave us one more towel. Now come on....the hotel was not busy and all we wanted was one more towel. We will still always return here and one reason will always be the way that they treat us and welcome us back or as they say "welcome home !".

Room tip: Ask for higher floor for maximum view and if you an, newly renovated room
Date of stay: May 2021
Eduardo Ballesteros, Director General at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Esteemed Maria O,

Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

The Westin resort and spa is a beautiful property immaculate with outstanding service the entire staff could not be more gracious or accommodating
Their co-vid policies and procedures were also terrific all the staff wore masks and face shields and Odis close attention to every detail
When our room was serviced Esther did an amazing job with surprises and nice touches
The breakfast buffet was outstanding

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Esteemed spsinthedesert,
We appreciate your valuable feedback, we hope that your stay at The Westin Resort & Spa Puerto Vallarta has been rewarding, we hope to see you soon.
Be well.

Reviewed 2 June 2021

Our experience here at the Westin Puerto Vallarta was beyond fabulous. The hotel was immaculate. The restaurants, food and drinks were amazing. The prices were very fair, which was a big plus for us. Having Covid testing onsite was convenient and very accommodating for the guests. Every staff I encountered was friendly and very helpful. We also really enjoyed the convenient taxi service the concierge help provide.

I have to give a special thanks to various staff members. First, Josefina at the front desk. We were celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary and my birthday during our stay. And Josefina made it very special for us. We were taken to our room by Hugo. He showed us around and explained what the Westin had to offer. He also told us about places we should visit while at Puerto Vallarta. During the day, we stayed mostly on the beach. Having cocktail service brought to us was perfect. Jorge, Gerardo, Osvaldo, Orlando, and Maximo, the staff at the beach bar, exceeded our expectations. They were attentive and friendly and gave us suggestions for new drinks. (There is also cocktail service at the pool. We only visited the pool a couple times, but the waitstaff there was great, too). The staff I listed went above and beyond what is expected. They made us feel very welcome. We enjoyed our stay so much, that we are planning to go back again this October.

Overall, Westin PV is a 5 star, stunning resort. The airport is close, downtown is only 15 minutes away by taxi, and the taxis are easily accessible. At the resort, you feel like you are in your own little world, but close enough to town to enjoy the charm of Puerto Vallarta.

Room tip: High floors have ocean views. Ground floor has walk-out access to garden and pool.
Date of stay: May 2021
Eduardo Ballesteros, Director General at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Greetings from beautiful Puerto Vallarta Travelsavvy2021,
Thank you for your valuable feedback we will pass on your acknowledgements to all of our wonderful staff. We are glad to know you had a refreshing and rejuvenating stay and we hope to host you again in your returning trips to beautiful Mexico.
Be well.

Reviewed 18 May 2021

I echo the positive feedback I found on while performing my lodging due diligence before booking. The beach is a bit small, but is clean and seems appropriate for enjoying sun and waves. Staff, from the entry gate to the cleaning service managed to convey a sincere concern for my well-being and visit satisfaction.

Check-in was a little slower than expected because someone forgot to alert the credit card company of my travel abroad. Clearly not my fault. Josephina and I discussed her love of reading, particularly history and dramas, while I saw my card declined a second time. She patiently waited for someone to call to notify the card company of my travel plans—that was notice of travel, right? The badges of the employees share the “passion” of employees with guests. I have seen various iterations of this practice (home city, etc.) and each time it builds an immediate bridge between guests and staff.

One of the check-in provisions was a voucher set. I used one of the coupons for a margarita and Marco made one so tasty it overcame my cup bias. I typically drink only out of glass containers; even eschewing my uniquely double-engraved pewter stein at my hometown beer haunt. The paper cup was forgotten with the mix master’s whistle-whetting libation. Aside from drinks, room service food was reasonably priced and high quality. The club sandwich and ribeye tacos I ordered came with an assortment of sauces and sliced vegetables.

The trip marked a birthday and for the first half of the visit surprises awaited every time we came back to the room. The mention of the occasion was so brief I must be impressed with the attention to guests.

The room was spacious for two and I appreciate design elements that allowed sunlight to illuminate every inch of the room.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Eduardo Ballesteros, Director General at The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Esteemed Kaiser_D,
On behalf of the Management of The Westin Resort and Spa Puerto Vallarta we would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback. We hope you enjoyed our facilities and had a refreshing and relaxing stay with us. We hope to host you soon. Be well.