We were at the Barcelo Feb 23 to March 1st. The resort was nice, very clean. The resort is a smaller, quieter type. The staff are very friendly however on numerous occasions would forget what we had ordered or even that we had placed an order. We had requested breakfast in bed for 9:00 am the day we were leaving...we waited until 10 am and still had no breakfast. When we called to inquire we were told it must have been a communication error between the concierge and room-service, no other explanation was provided. The entertainers work very hard but it lacks variety, it’s the same entertainers every night.
Many have already mentioned the towel game people play...and yes it is ridiculous....we never did find loungers by the pool, however we prefer the beach. The beach is quite small and the sand is very coarse but it is similar to most other resorts in Puerto Vallarta. The hotel does not cater to those guests on the beach, rarely a waiter/waitress would make their way to ask for drinks or assist with loungers.
The zoo is great, a walk across the street. We did a zip line excursion from the booth located outside the main entrance to Barcelo (Los Veranos Zip Line for $37 per person including transportation...the staff were great!). We took the local bus into town on two evenings; it was safe and only 7 pesos.
The snack bar is one of the best I have been to at an all inclusive resort. We are vegetarian and the Concierge was able to give us dinner on all 7 nights of our stay at the A la carte restaurants, however there is still a limited selection of vegetarian dishes and we ended up eating dinner outside the resort a couple of times. They serve premium brand alcohol, a huge plus compared to other all inclusive resorts!!!
Overall, the vacation was great. Enjoyed some much needed sun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Barcelo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya