My significant other and I wanted a very special getaway from the cold and enjoy the sun, good food and each other. Well when we want to do that again we will never go to a Barcelo resort. I became sick on the second day and experienced intense vomiting, severe cramping, the shakes, violent diarrhea, the sweats, chills for over 24hrs. This was different from any type of Montezumas revenge.
For the next four and half days I didn't eat. I had no desire to eat coupled with the lack of good food at the resort. It would be one thing if it was only me, but then towards the end of the week my girlfriend started feeling off. Her stomach issues did not include the severe vommiting but did include the diarrhea. And it lasted well into the following week where it affected her work and job.
We had a horrible vacation and I feel like money was stolen from me because of our experiences.
Tim from Boston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barceló Puerto Vallarta***** (formerly Barceló La Jolla de Mismaloya) in Puerto Vallarta, is an elegant, all-inclusive Mexican-style resort. It offers 316 completely renovated and comfortable suites with excellent service, leisure, history, beautiful scenery, exuberant flora and privacy.Relax after a hard day’s work in the hotel spa, catch some rays at one of the hotel pools or take time out to practice your favourite water sport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and AAE Travel Pte Ltd so you can book your Barcelo Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Jolla Mismaloya
- Barcelo La Jolla De Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- La Jolla Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo De Mismaloya
- Puerto Vallarta La Jolla De Mismaloya
- Barcelo Mismaloya Puerto Vallarta
- Barcelo La Jolla Mismaloya