5 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$174
Official HotelUS$163
eDreamsUS$148
5,180 results
All reviews bracelet making spanish lessons activities staff adult pool smaller resort main buffet other resorts lobby bar ala carte beach chairs star resort shrimp nightly entertainment kids club great resort ocean view recommend this resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2020

Was there 11/23 - 26. Room viewed the dump behind the hotel and meeting room for hotel next door. The food was barely edible and buffet food was cold. Fresh fruit and vegetables were tasteless. Better to stay else where and pay for restaurant. Pool chairs filled up with "towels" at 8:30 am at the adults only pool. Many empty chairs with towels and shoes nearby pool was empty! No where to sit, especially in the shade. 90 minute limit on "reserved by towel" chairs was not enforced.

1  Thank Joy R
F V, Propietario at Friendly Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2020

Dear Joy R,

Thank you so much for your preference. We are so happy to read that you had a fantastic time with us.

We also appreciate all your comments as it is very important for us to know what our clients think so we can always make sure we give you the best vacation experience.

We look forward to seeing again soon for your 7th visit. Friendly will always be your home away from home!

Reviewed 25 November 2020

This hotel is beautiful, service was excellent and all staff were very nice. The pool are food was great for families with children or teenagers. Food was average. Pools were great, beach was great and activities were fun.

Room tip: Best view is straight up from the pool. We were on 7th floor and loved it.
2  Thank roeglenda

Dear roeglenda,

We look forward to seeing again soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2020

Love the view from my room! All the staff are very friendly and helpful. The pools are very nice and there is one for kids to enjoy and an adult pool only for those of us who want to relax more. Many restaurants to visit and a private beach! What more could you want?

Room tip: Higher the better!

Dear T6048NLjoanm,

Thank you so much for choosing Friendly Vallarta as your vacation destination and thank you for leaving us your review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed everything that Friendly has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Friendly Vallarta will always be your home away from home.

Reviewed 24 November 2020 via mobile

I don't like hotels that do a bait and switch. I reserved a standard room in the friendly hotel and when I went to check in that I was told they had not made up enough rooms today to satisfy my reservation. So they gave me a choice of staying in an adjoining hotel which is 900 ft away or paying for an upgrade to stay at the friendly. If they didn't make up enough standard rooms it's because of one of three things. 1) poor planning 2) they are trying to jack up the price by getting me to upgrade 3) they are not being truthful about my room being available so that I will upgrade. if they made a mistake by not making up enough rooms in advance for reservations they knew about then they should be upgrading me for free. If I was unwilling to pay for an upgrade then I could come back the next day and move to another room. when I ask about the inconvenience about moving to another room the next day I was told that they gave me a standard room and I had no reason to complain.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank michaelg85233

Dear michaelg85233,

We are glad to read that your stay was great and we also thank you for your comments. It is very important for us to know the good and the bad our guests think so we can always keep improving and giving you the best service of all.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. Friendly will always be your home away from home!

Reviewed 6 November 2020

Booking on the last minute, I knew it wouldn't be the best of the hotels, but its okay. It has the best ocean view from the room and from the pools. I expected more food variety, but what I got is flavory, it's good.

Dear luzperez,