Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
eDreams
4,139 results
All reviews tiki taco sun club seaside grill da mario italian restaurant world cafe coco cafe entertainment team the holiday inn puerto vallarta resort kids club swim up bar ocean view beach area fire show mexican night dress code
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

I dont usually write reviews but after my horrible experience here I felt I had to. Check in took sooo long. Rooms got hot throughout the day. Food is horrible. Same ol same food everyday! Not to mention the servers dont look like they want to be working. We ended up eating sandwiches from the cafe or left to eat some where else. During my stay there were several other families dissatisfied. I met someone who even checked out the the same day and went to another hotel. I should have done the same.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank DaisyEsp
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2021

Dear DaisyEsp,

We appreciate your time sharing your feedback and experiences following your recent visit here with us.

It is with great sadness that we learn of an overall disappointing experience, for which we cannot but offer our sincerest apologies. There seems to have been a number of deficiencies encountered which are very atypical and not reflective of our brand experience; if this stay was marred by irregular circumstances, we can only renew our apologies and assure you that we have in the meantime briefed the team at great length of your comments.

While we understand the way you felt about the situation experienced during your stay, we do hope that our reply to your feedback restores some semblance of trust on us.

With this said, we look forward to having the opportunity of hosting you back on a renewed opportunity to redeem your confidence in our resort and service.

Kind regards,

eConcierge & Social Media Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

During my stay at Sunscape Resort in Puerto Vallarta I had the pleasure of meeting and being taken care of by such a great staff. Everyone was very outgoing to take care of my wife and I. I’d especially like to point out the service provided by Antelmo. Every day as soon I I saw Antelmo he began the day greeting us. He had a welcoming smile at all times and really made us feel welcome. His service at the Sea side Grill was top notch. We never had an empty glass and our dirty plates were cleared very quickly. He took the time to tell me about the area and places to go off the resort. I’d like to think in the week I was there I made a friend.
Also the Manager Rosendo, he was so welcoming every evening. He assisted Antelmo during the beach side romantic dinner my and I had. His recommendation of Mexican Coffee was delicious!

If you vacation at this resort I highly suggest having conversations with the staff. My experience was phenomenal because of they made it that way.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2021

Dear G3346MFkenw,

First of all, we would like to express our appreciation to you for choosing Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa for your holidays and for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with us.

We will be delighted to share your kind words with our team as they are truly committed to making our guests feel at home through their hospitality.

We would all be delighted to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Until then, we wish you all the best.

Econcierge & Social Media Manager

Puerto Vallarta, México.

Reviewed 1 April 2021

Check-in wasn't too bad. It was pretty fast. Altho one of the staff members tried her best to get us to do some type of presentation. Even going as far as telling me i had to sign something to let her boss know that she did tell us about it. I decline signing anything that did not have anything to do with my stay there. This was a couple's trip, no kids.

Let's start with the supposedly 24-hour access to food and beverage options including kid-friendly menu options: We checked in the hotel around 12 noon. We figured since this was an AI hotel, there should be food everywhere. There wasn't. The restaurants were closed. The only thing opened was the sunset grill serving hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos. We're in PV, we want Mexican food, not something we can get back home at the corner gas station. Upon check in, we were never given any info on the restaurants, or times they would be open. after finding out that the restaurants wouldn't open till later that evening, we gave in and ate nachos and hot dogs. First disappointment. Oh and when we did get to eat at a the taco restaurant, it wasn't all that. Needless to say, we were not happy with the food selection here at all.

We like to stay pretty active while on vacation, so we generally pick a hotel that have a gym. The next morning, we decided to get up early and work out. We went to the gym and were surprised our key didn't work. However, someone did let us in that was inside using the gym. The next morning, we went again. Again, we couldn't access the gym. We went to front desk to inquire why. They tell us we need a rsvp to work out. This was never mentioned at check-in. Needless to say, there were no more rsvp for that day, so we made one for the next day. During our entire stay, we were only able to use the gym facility 2x because the rsvp times were booked. Had we known this at check in, we would have scheduled our rsvp everyday at that time. 2nd disappointment.

Covid testing: even tho testing is complimentary here, the hotel protocol for testing is horrible. They don't go over this with you at check-in either. We had to cancel an outing because we were told that they only test 24 hours before departure, and testing starts at 3 pm. We literally wasted a whole day sitting at the hotel so we wouldn't miss getting our test. This needs to be explained upfront at checkin. 3rd disappointment.

4th disappointment: I left a denim jacket in our hotel room and didn't realize it until i was at the airport. When I called the hotel to let them know i left it, they transferred me 4x, and then eventually to the bell's boy, who couldn't help me. I was fuming. I called the next day, and again, the same runaround. Then a lady told me to email concierge, who I have yet to get a response from.

This resort is very family oriented. It's definitely not for couples, or singles. The only reason I am giving it 2 stars is because when I expressed that the room i was originally given was right by the kids room, and not to my liking, Karla at the front desk did upgrade us to a decent suite away from all the noise. The room was a nice size. With a decent view and balcony. Thank you Karla. The hotel really need a face lift as well. It's outdated. I am a travel agent. I book quite a few family trips. I doubt I'd be sending any of my clients here on a family trip, as I'm very sure I wont ever visit this hotel again.

Room tip: Don't stay near the kids club if you want some peace and quiet
Date of stay: March 2021
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2021

Dear gia82274,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your last experience at our resort. Although, it is with regret that we read the comments about some issues you, unfortunately, experienced during your recent stay with us, and we hope you would accept our sincerest apologies.

We would have loved to have known all this while here to have done something for you and your stay was completely satisfactory. That is a priority for us to follow up on the areas of opportunity.

Kindest regards,

eConcierge & Social Media Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2021

My family began their stay at this hotel yesterday, March 27, 2021. The guard at the entrance was extremely rude to my family because the persons dropping them off had a lap dog in the car. Note that neither the dog nor the family member dropping them off was not planning to get out of the car. However, the guard wouldn't let my family, the ones without the dog, in and suggested that they walk with their suitcases all the way to the reception. The guard also suggested that if they didn't like the rules, they could go elsewhere. I called the hotel from the USA and the receptionist was aware of the issue yet, they were not helpful. In order for my family member to be driven to the entrance of the hotel, the other family member had to stay with the little dog outside the property. While waiting there, outside, the guard kept harassing her asking her to leave. Remember she was outside the property so she was not trespassing. Adding insult to injury, there was a guest at the hotel walking a dog around and getting ready to go into the elevator. Supposedly, the NO DOGS policy is only applicable to some people and not others. I told my family to let it go but after I saw the picture of this lady with a dog at the hotel, I was fuming. Then the attitude of the security guard left a bad taste to everyone including the family members for which I paid good money for them to stay there.

1  Thank waarce
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta, Atención al huésped/Recepción at Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Dear waarce,

We feel genuinely sorry to read you had a rough experience and we couldn't provide the excellent service that characterizes us. There seems to have been a number of deficiencies encountered which are not reflective of our brand experience.

It is with regret that we read the comments about some issues you, unfortunately, experienced during your recent stay with us, and we hope you would accept our sincerest apologies.

Kind regards,

Econcierge & Social Media Manager

Puerto Vallarta, México.

Reviewed 28 March 2021

Myself, my GF, our two boys, and Grandma went here during March 6th - 13th. We were meet with a load of disappointment and as if every where we turned we were meet with frustration and discust.

Check-In :

Took us 45-60 minutes to get checked in.

They haven't digitized anything and everything is still filled out on paper. Although all the information that we filled out was part of our reservation we still had to fill out the paperwork.

Service :

You could talk to 5 people and get 5 different answers. Almost everyone seemed annoyed if you asked them a question.

Room :

We had the Deluxe Family room which was a poor experience. The concept of this room is really cool however, the execution of this concept was poorly done.

First, the kids room section had no ventilation and is hot and smells musty. Although there is a sliding door for the room you either have to get a fan or have the door open or it's miserable for the kiddos.

Second, although there is a TV in the kids room you can't hook up electronics to it and there are no English stations. The video game entertainment advertisement is hooked up to the main TV in the main room.

Third, our AC didn't work and our room was most the time hotter inside than it was outside. We had them look into it 3 times before we got moved out and put into a Junior Suite.

Food :

Sub-Par nothing to go bragging to home about. The one restaurant that they had open that wasn't buffet style had an long wait to get in and the service took forever as they only had each server covering 5-8 tables.

Entertainment :

The Entertainment was Sub-Par and what was listed as what was on the agenda for the entertainment never ended up panning out as true. The only good part of the entertainment was the Fire Show the day before we left. Most of the things they had available to use were either broken or unavailable. The kids park was only opened for 3-4 hrs a day.

COVID :

Although they offer COVID testing they have no proactive protocol to ensure that you get tested before you check-out. When we went to concierge the last day and requested our COVID tests we were told "You are too late". That's an unacceptable answer to someone that is flying out of the country the next morning and is required to have a negative COVID test to board the plane.

Although I complained a lot about our experience I will say out of all the bad eggs there were a few good ones like Veronica at the Front Desk, Carmina & the UVC Club Staff. #1 Emp Roger!

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Harrison C

Dear Harrison,

Thank you for taking the time to share an overview of your stay through this mean. Our guest’s feedback is truly appreciated in our constant commitment to improving our service levels.

We feel genuinely sorry to read you had a rough experience and we couldn't provide the excellent service and time that characterizes us. We really would have liked to know more of your inconveniences while staying with us to have given them a quick solution and to achieve your expectations without a major problem.

We deeply regret to read that your expectations were not met and that you left with a poor impression of our resort. Rest assured that your observations will be shared with the Management to review our standards and work on improving our services. Although we were very saddened to read that our service did not live up to your expectations our doors remain open for the moment you decide to give us another opportunity.

Kindest regards,