15 people are viewing this hotel
US$106
Free cancellation until 27/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
eDreamsUS$106
Trip.comUS$107
HurbUS$101
4,901 results
All reviews private pool entertainment staff water aerobics beach vendors soriana marina vallarta enrique malecon antonio waves velas volleyball
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2021

Horrible resort! Don’t waste your money.

Would not recommend at all!!
The pictures make this hotel look great but it looks waaaaay different when you get there!
Save your money an go else where!
- check in an check out take forever!!!
-the room walls are so thin, you can literally hear everything.
They start cleaning around 6am an it sounds like things are being pushed an shuffled the whole time making it hard to sleep.. they also come banging on our door around 7 am then just walked right in while we were sleeping..
- staff is extremely rude.
-I called an asked if the restaurant’s were open an they said the hotel was running with everything open an it wasn’t. They only had the buffet open everyday.
- the snack bar had horrible food, they threw left over hot dogs on the pizza the next day.. watered down cheese for nachos. Wasn’t good at all..
- we ordered a bedroom with 2 beds an got one king so we had to go back an have them correct it.
- while on a tour(OUR LAST DAY) 2 of our wristbands were lost. They tried to charge us $60 for new wristbands when we left the following morning.. that was an argument to convince them that we wouldn’t give our wristbands to anyone, the food and service was horrible. Why would we give someone wristbands for this??....
-seemed like everyday there was a problem.
-the resort shuts down EARLY!!! all the lights are off at 7pm. So even sitting on the beach walking back up is so pitch black.
There’s also no spa.
- there’s only one bar open during the day an it’s by the pool where you have to wait in like for over 15 mins to get a drink.
We ended up going to the Hilton next door as the crown royal an paid to use their facilities during the day because this resorts sucked.
It was over ran with kids In the pool splashing so you couldn’t even enjoy a drink in the pool, annnn they have no known liquor. It’s all off the wall names that I’ve never heard of before an I work at a cantina where we specialize in tequila an I didn’t know not one brand!
If I could give this resort 0 stars I would!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Barbara Gamerdinger, Otro at Hotel Krystal Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We aim to look after every guest that comes into our doors and the events you mention do not reflect the high level of care and service and the established standards to attend to each one of our guests offering "service from the heart" that we are committed to offering our guests. I also want to offer you my sincere apologies for the manner in which you and your friend were treatedfor the wristbands. Definitely, we cannot condone an attitude of this nature; it goes against our beliefs, our principles and our values and I will make certain that we take immediate steps to correct this situation. We take our guest's concerns very seriously, as it is the best way to improve our services and facilities, and at the same time find out what we are doing right, to commend our staff and keep improving. Being a GHSF property we seek for the excellence, and we appreciate your feedback as this help us to improve our strengths
We hope you will give us a second chance to welcome you back and offer you a flawless and pampered stay.

Reviewed 28 February 2021

I visited this hotel a few months ago and I have to say there was a huge improvement in the food served during this stay. The staff and services were great making it an enjoyable stay here. Shout out to Carlos on the entertainment staff that really made my vacation that much easier and better. Sara and Abby also on the entertainment staff were very friendly. I will be back again!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 988carriee

Dear Guest
we thank you for have chosen Krystal Puerto Vallarta to spend your vacation, I also appreciate the time you took to let us know your comments. We appreciate your positives comments, all of them are very important for us.
We were sure that the Krystal hotel is one of the beautiful places that México can bring to our visitors our Mexican classic style is something that makes us special and different.
One of the best satisfactions in the hospitality industry is to learn from guests we made you feel special and achieve your expectations; our unique goal is to create great stories that will remain in your mind forever.

All of us here at Krystal Puerto Vallarta look forward to pampering you again in the warm and sunny shores of Puerto Vallarta.
Cordially.

Reviewed 28 January 2021

We got such a good deal from Air Canada Vacations we couldn't pass it up. The reviews weren't that great but decided we'd chance it. This is an older resort but the tower we stayed in is newer. We got a room with an ocean view on the 15th floor, which was absolutely spectacular. When I wasn't at the beach I was on our balcony reading or whale watching. It was amazing and honestly the best part of this hotel. Our room was clean, the bed was very comfortable which was a huge surprise (we've stayed at 5stars and had to ask for a mattress topper). The bathroom was new, no cracks or chips in the marble, sink, or toilet. There's a small fridge and a long desk and side tables. Also a small round table 3 chairs plus 2 deck chair on the balcony.
There are three pools in the resort but the big one with the slide and hot tub were disappointingly closed. We could tell they were really trying to cut costs as the tourist numbers were very low. Its understandable but still disappointing. The waves are quite big so we didn't swim in the ocean but it was beautiful to be near and hear the waves crashing. On to the food...
Breakfast was just okay, I didn't mind the coffee, hubby didn't. He did get them to make him an omelet most days. I just ordered toast and jam since the pancakes were dry and brittle around the edges. I swear they served the leftovers from the day before. The pastries were dry and old tasting. Except for the banana loaf.
Lunch down at the beach, by the pools, was better than dinner. It was hot at least but the selection was very limited. The servers was all excellent they were attentive and friendly. But the dinner food was so awful we avoided eating there in the evening. It was cold, lacked variety and looked unappealing. I cannot believe that it was like this every single time we went to the buffet. The lack of variety was exceedingly disappointing. The breaded fish was cold dry and tasted like cardboard. The bread and buns served were dry and stale tasting. The excuse we were given for poor food was that the majority of your guests are Mexican. Does that mean Mexicans expect poor food quality? Our room was lovely, the view was priceless and housekeeping was very good. Overall we had an excellent vacation but the food was below our already low expectations. Krytal needs to bring in someone with real food services experience. If they are trying to cut costs, which seems evident, they could do it without compromising flavor.

Room tip: ask for ocean view
Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank WetCoastGal
Barbara Gamerdinger, Otro at Hotel Krystal Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2021

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having chosen Krystal Puerto Vallarta to spend your vacation, we would like to thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed to know that your visit here was not as enjoyable and that we did not meet your expectations.
Please be assured that we are taking action so this will not happen again. Our goal is to have all of our guests leave here completely satisfied.
I thank you for taking the time to share this information and hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 January 2021 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed at Krystal and we had an amazing time! We did the “all inclusive” option and it’s so worth it considering how much we ate and drank. The hotel is big, lots of outdoor and nature space, very clean, and the staff is very friendly, prompt, and caring. We got to know a few of the servers who also gave us great tips of things to do in Puerto Vallarta. The view is beautiful and the sunsets there are breathtaking. Location is also great: about 10 min drive from the airport and 5-15 min drive everywhere else for tourists, basically : the Marina, Malecón... also walking distance from a galleria with popular stores and souvenirs.

There are three large pools: two for adults and one for kids. In one of them, the entertainment staff always had some sort of activity going on: trivia, bingo, volleyball, etc. Keep in mind these are not temperature controlled so they get pretty cold during off summer months. We still managed to go for a swim a few times though, even in January.

The food was delicious and there was always a large variety to choose from. Specialty dinners are a must so don’t forget to reserve one day in advance. The website says the hotel has 4 different restaurants to choose from but keep in mind that due to the pandemic there are only two open; one indoors and one outdoors.

Here is where my two “buts” come in.

1. The wifi is bad. Like, REALLY bad. My devices would disconnect from the network all the time and the connection was super unstable, especially during times of the day most people were using it. I was there for two weeks (the first week for vacation and second one to work from home due to Covid restrictions) and working from the hotel was a struggle, from any location! I had unstable meetings and sometimes would struggle to send an email.

2. This is in regards to the Krystal Tower. I’m not sure if this applies to all the rooms in this building, but our room was connected to the room next door by a door with a small lock on it. We had someone accidentally walk in on us at least 4 times throughout our time there since the lock is the same for both rooms. This was very unpleasant and we never felt like we had 100% privacy. One of the times we had just gotten out of the shower and someone opened the door - thankfully we were on the side of the room that they couldn’t see us. Would definitely choose a room in a different building of the hotel and confirm with the front desk that the room is completely private.

Other than that, we loved our visit and would not hesitate to go back to Krystal! We loved how much space was outdoors, the view from our room and how close it was to everything we had planned on doing. Enjoy!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bmarques28

Dear guest;

Thank you for your visit to our resort and for taking the time to convey to us your observations regarding your stay.
We regret the situations that you experienced during your stay regarding our security process in connector rooms, we will check the process, I want to offer you my sincere apologies for the impact caused for the rest of your stay. We take our guest's concerns very seriously, as it is the best way to improve our services and facilities, and at the same time find out what we are doing right, to commend our staff and keep improving. I have shared your comments with our management team, in order to take specific actions. Again, your feedback is important, and we take it seriously being a GHSFproperty we seek excellence, I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and to offer you a fantastic experience we will be happy to assist you with the arrangements.

Reviewed 15 January 2021 via mobile

Highly recommend.

My partner and I went right after Christmas for New Years. The resort was quite busy, but it’s mostly Mexicans from other places around the country. They really appreciate North American tourism, so you’re treated like royalty.

We had a great week full of sun, sand and much needed relaxation.

So close to the airport!

Everything is clean and sanitized and the staff are always wearing masks. You have to wear a mask in common spaces - walking from place to place - but not while at at the beach, pool or seated eating.

Talk to Alex in the lobby about excursions. He was honest and helped up book 3 days trips, and we had a blast.

Food was just ok. No bacon for breakfast. And the dinners lean towards more local Mexican cuisine, but the snack bar has amazing burgers.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
we thank you for having chosen Krystal Puerto Vallarta to spend your vacation, I also appreciate the time you took to let us know your comments. We appreciate your positives comments, all of them are very important for us.
One of the best satisfaction in the hospitality industry is to learn from guests we made you feel special and achieve your expectations; our unique goal is to create great stories that will remain in your mind forever.

Cordially.