Even though I was warned to avoid the "time share" vendors at the airport and hotel on arrival I was directed to them when trying to locate transfer to hotel and then once in the hotel (our room wasn't ready!) to a desk with a person who was going to "give us information about the hotel" They all are very aggressive and seem to not understand "NO, I'm not interested!"
Our ocean front room was directly over the beach bar but they closed each night at 11 PM so noise not a problem. Room was a little small with a large bathroom. They provide one complementary bottle of water each day and you can take it to the bars or desk and get it filled with safe drinking water. The air conditioner vent was blowing directly on the beds which was not comfortable. Could have used a refrigerator in the room. Paint and plaster was falling off ceiling in bathroom and looked like a leak in the pipes. Repairman came and cleaned off the area as well as the floor and said it wasn't currently leaking so we had a splotchy ceiling.
Food was generally good. Specialty restaurants (French, Italian,Japanese) at sister resort was not available for several days because that family resort was full because of a Mexican holiday.
Nice pool but canned music and recreational activities using microphone very loud not to mention chairs packed in like sardines. Spent everyday in the cabanas on the beach but then you have to contend with very aggressive vendors which isn't quite as noisy! Some of the lounge chairs were broken or worn out so it was necessary to find ones that were OK.
Location convenient to shopping for those who want to do that including a Sam's Club, Walmart, flea market and a mall area. There is a Starbucks within walking distance with free wireless internet which we took advantage of because the hotel charges $17/day or $7.00/hour! Cab ride to downtown was $5.00 US. Cheaper buses available as well.
Staff were wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort