All reviews wonderful hosts banderas bay hot tub palapa suite susan david short walk down the hill home away from home large terrace restaurant recommendations like coming home open air full kitchen la palapa first visit to puerto vallarta enjoy your stay stayed longer romantic zone
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We love Casa de los Arcos. We have vacationed there for several years. David and Susan are the best. The casa’s are amazing and the view is awesome!! We usually stay for three or four weeks and I love to cook. It’s really nice to have a full kitchen when we are tired of eating out. We are planning on going back.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
pvsusan, Owner at Casa de los Arcos, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us the great review. Can't wait to see you back next year!!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

My boyfriend and I had an amazing time at Casa de los Arcos. Susan and Dave were so hospital, for instance inviting us up for margaritas on their first night, and giving us detailed advice about what to do and see in Puerto Vallarta. We couldn't get enough of the 180-degree view from our place. The jacuzzi and beautiful gardens were another highlight. The place was a short (but steep) walk from a lively area of downtown Puerto Vallarta where we enjoyed most of our meals. Highly recommended!

Room tip: Ask for one of the higher-up rooms, because the views get better as you go up!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
pvsusan, Owner at Casa de los Arcos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for staying with us. It was wonderful to meet you both. We appreciate you taking the time to write the review. Apologies for taking so long to respond, but, just back from our vacation.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

This was our first time staying at Casa de los Arcos. We stayed in the Villa Casa Grande apartment. It was huge with two bedrooms a lovely living room. I love to cook, so I very much appreciated the nicely stocked kitchen. My husband and I walked everywhere in Old Town. Susan took us down and showed us all the places to purchase our groceries, meat and fish along with many other great places to eat, including Cocos Kitchen! Susan and David are very attentive to whatever you need. They have quite a few upper patio areas where you can enjoy the beautiful view of Puerto Vallarta with your morning coffee, including a small/soaker swimming pool along with a hot tub on the upper deck. My husband and I loved having our morning coffee on our own private deck of the Casa Grande. It is what I miss the most, along with our long walks exploring everything in Puerto Vallarta! Thank you David and Susan for building such a wonderful retreat, with your heart and soul! We miss it greatly!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
pvsusan, Owner at Casa de los Arcos, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Thank you for coming and staying with us. It was a pleasure to meet you, and we truly hope you return to see us in the future. We will look forward to your return.
Susan and David

Reviewed 23 April 2018

For the third time, I stayed for seven glorious days in a cassita. I arrived after a delayed flight from Houston to find the taxi Susan had waiting. My stay this time was not just wonderful, but miraculous. I suffer from a skin disorder which made me excruciatingly itchy. After a short time in the sun at Casa de los Arcos, my symptoms went away. I enjoyed the fabulous hot tub and the wonderful nearby shower with the steaming water cascading down the stone spout. This also helped my condition. Susan introduced me to yoga, a local art festival and an intimate evening of live music.

Room tip: All of the rooms have a great view.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

So glad to spend time with you on this visit. It was great to share our Puerto Vallarta. We will be waiting for you next season Take care and hasta pronto

Reviewed 21 April 2018

This was my third visit in four years and my first travelling solo. Stayed in La Palapa which is a lovely apartment, with good facilities,expansive and varied seating areas for any time of day meaning you can dine in-house, sunbathe, or relax in cooling shade and all with glorious views over Banderas Bay and the old city. You can also sit in the abundant, flower and bird filled gardens, where the seating areas afford stunning views too.

Susan and David are great hosts, welcoming and engaging, and both go out of their way to ensure that you have all you need to enjoy your stay. Advice and assistance are readily offered and you can be as private or involved as you wish, there's never any pressure - just like a holiday should be.

The location is great being outside the hustle and bustle, but the old city with its amazing array of fine and varied restaurants, The Malecon and Cathedral, is only a short, but steep walk away and the taxis are cheap if you don't fancy the exercise.

Great place and I can hardly wait until my next visit.

Date of stay: March 2018