Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews rooftop pool with bar recommend hotel great hotel frida amenities bartender balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2021

I don't have enough superlatives to describe how much I enjoyed my 17 nights at Mio !
Location , after a full day of traveling it's a quick ride to the beautiful north hotel district !
The wonderful souls working as hotel staff ! I immediately felt like they were on my side and were ready to accommodate my needs and comforts to make this a memorable , ultra relaxing and fully enjoyable stay !

The comfort of the rooms is top notch , super comfortable beds and Arctic air conditioning along with A list 24 hr room.service ! If I needed anything it was there before I could even think about it !
Awesome ocean views with balconies !

The rooftop pool is just about the coolest thing ever ! Stunning 360 views of Vallarta and again the staff, the staff the staff always there for you ! You get a breakfast every day that was beyond delicious ! Fresh fruit and juices and omlettes that made my mouth water and my stomach full !

Easy access to all the fun spots ! Transportation to Zona romantica couldn't be easier (10 pesos). A roughly 2 minute walk to a super nice beach area ( full access)

Would I recommend Mio to vacationers in Beautiful Puerto Vallarta ? Without question
(Very fair priced , and quite possibly underpriced)
Will I come stay at Mio Vallarta again ?
Dude ! I wish I was still there right now.!
Yes Yes Yes ! Si Si Si
Thank you so much Mio , that was a Perfect experience ❤

Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded 1 May 2021

Dear Derrik thank you for your stayed at Mio, we enjoyed to attended to you and we hope you´ll come back soon

Reviewed 19 April 2021

Located in a convenient location. Easy to take buses. Food court across the street. good WIFI, but it's noisy. The window/ door balconies do not shield any noise. the restaurant music stops around 1am, and they couldn't find my reservation so I had to wait longer for the room to become ready and which only included one hand towel. I asked for more and they gave me one bath towel. No point asking for more... beware floor is slippery when wet.

Room tip: I wish you can choose a room. Cuz I always want the noisy one at the bottom, next to the elevator.
Management response:Responded 21 April 2021

Thank you for your visit, and for your comments, we´re going to improve that points.

Regards

Reviewed 6 April 2021

After staying here for some days, I suspect the validity of the positive reviews on service on this website for Mio Vallarta are possibly dubious in my opinion. Just look at the syntax, word choice, etc. Too many unusual commonalities . Anyway, I have stayed in I estimate over 500 hotels in over 10 countries over 25 years, and this is my first time to write a public comment that is not complementary. The physical facility and architecture are very good for a price that is representative of the area, pretty much. However, the operations, organizational culture and service orientation is highly variable and has been atrocious for my wife and I on a few occasions. I have practiced being positive for most of my life, looking for what I can do better myself rather than criticizing others. However, after considering the futures of so many families of employees that are depending on this business at least achieving mediocrity, I feel obligated to say something in hopes they can be promoted to improve. The core issue occurred when the desk said they charged one of my cards for the room only, without leaving a positive saldo for incidentals during the stay. Our recollection is that they did and had recorded all of our card information on a form and put in our file fir that purpose. However, three days later after check in and several signatures to our room without question, we were told that suddenly I must present myself at reception at 10 pm to pay for the latest room service that same evening. And, after I had asked for the gm to come to our room to discuss these disconnects—I would mention this is well past my normal bed time but I was quite forefully told to present myself. Then after going 8 floors down to the lobby, a night manager and desk person was there and I was told the gm was not available. Essentially, they told me we had never given them our credit information for incidentals and needed to do—si o si. At which time I asked to call the police to report that I was worried that my information was possibly misplaced or stolen. At which time they immediately said all was okay for now and we could deal with it the next day and I could speak to the gm. So, I went down the next day, and a young lady presented herself as the gm and essentially apologized but explained that we didn’t leave the saldo. I explained that this logically didn’t make any sense given that we had charged things fir the previous two days and they all cleared fine, and 2) out of over 500 other hotels this has not happened before. So, asked for them to please produce the factura for those initial two days of room service charges that were charged with no problem. And, they said they couldn’t find them and they didn’t exist. Seems just way too hinkey. Further, there were so many other little pain points in this process that I can’t even remember or mention them all, but would just relate that it was very frustrating constantly, to say the very least. By the end of the talk, I also came to learn that she was indeed not even the gm either. But the business manager. I also asked for information on how to contact the owners or parent company or even the gm, but with no success. I would also relate that today I called twice to find out about possible late check out and was hung upon the first ty without any words, and then had their phone just left of the hook the second time. Abd some other smaller points...the room service menu is exclusively by QR code in the room but our room had no placard. And no one ever came after requesting one to provide it. The mixed drink glasses at the pool are expensive, which is fine, but I would estimate 4 ounces in size with two available after adding ice, parties and noise until very late hours, very inconsistent dress code for headers and some just plain unkept casual. Insincere feeling pseudo friendliness in service too. We are checking out tomorrow and staying at a place for a third of the price with equivalent amenities and a welcoming attitude.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 741lancer
Management response:Responded 8 April 2021

Mr Lance, we are very sorry that you question other people's experiences simply because of a confusion that was not caused by us.
We want to remind you that the charge you mentioned was never made and the proof is your bank statement, in which there is only the payment of your stay.
We also regret that despite the patience shown by our staff, you consider that you were treated badly.
And finally we are very surprised that despite having given you the late check out at no cost, do not mention that.
Anyway thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

From the moment you arrived you feel the warmth of this place and the ladies at reception really to help you with the check in. Frida was really helpful during the stay. I did see her in lots of areas from reception to hostess by the restaurant and even bringing down our luggage. She was very helpful. Also Ana I saw her plenty of times hostess at the restaurant. I saw her bringing down luggage and even greeting people when they arrived at the motor lobby. These two girls are awesome. Another person I would like to mention is Cesar waiter at the restaurant and rooftop. He was absolutely professional and provided great service. When we head for breakfast he already knew what we were going to order. Before placing the order he would double check if we wanted to place the same order. This hotel has some quality personnel that should be recognized.

Now let's talk about the hotel. The hotel is fairly new it opened last year. The price of the stay is worth it. The rooms are cleaned everyday and the personnel does a good job at it. Our stay included breakfast free up to 2 people staying in the room. The food was delicious what we ordered in the restaurant as well as the rooftop.

What I loved the most about this place was the rooftop. They had a bar there and they had a dj in the afternoon hour. One of the days there they even had a saxophone player playing. What originally was meant to be a 2 night stay ended up being a 7 night stay. I did not stay in the hotel the whole time, but the days I did stay I was using the pool most of the time.

This is not a resort. If you are looking for a hotel to stay in give this place a try. I would like to mention few things. Pets are allowed in this hotel and when they do bring pets they are usually assigned a certain floor. You won't be seeing pets in all the floors. Also the minors are not allowed by the pool. So consider this if you are traveling with children. If you are two adults or more give this place a try. You will love it.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank healbarod
Management response:Responded 31 March 2021

It has been very pleasant to serve you, we hope to receive you again on your next trip and we will send your congratulations to our partners, thank you!!

Reviewed 30 March 2021

This place is awesome!! from the moment we walked in, the beautiful Frida was there to greet us along with the reception staff. Our daily breakfast was truly awesome we looked forward to seeing our greater Anna every morning with a smile that was transparent through the face mask she was wearing our waiter and waitresses Tristian, Dannet, Claudia, & most importantly Wanda who made sure our coffee was prepared fresh and strong every morning. Our pool bartenders Cesar & Alejandro made sure we were taken care of all afternoon with no pressure. Lizeth the pool host was fantastic! We visit Vallarta 4 times a year and this was our first stay at Hotel Mio and I can say we will be back in 2 weeks.

Date of stay: March 2021
Management response:Responded 31 March 2021

Thank you for your visit and your review, we were very pleased with your visit, we hope to see you again soon!!