Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marina(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Breakfast included
US$238
US$196
Bookit.com
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$192
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$149
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Beachfront
The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Beachfront
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
US$366
US$324
3,515 results
All reviewsmanager javierone bedroom suitemirador restaurantadult poolpersonal butlerbutler serviceitalian restaurantmain restaurantswim up barall inclusive packagekids clubthe hotel managerrooms face the oceanlarge balconyfull kitchenthe general managerocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for 5 days at this wonderful resort. The amenities are first class - beautiful rooms, all with a view. The food is great and plentiful. The best feature of Sunset Plaza is its staff - warm, welcoming professionals. They treated all members of our group of 12 (7 teenagers included) with smiles and efficiency. We will certainly be back to this gem of a hotel/resort. We did not have small children, but this is also a very family - friendly resort. The "kids club" is centrally located and the children seemed to be having a blast. Easy for parents to be on their own but still be close.

Room Tip: Try to avoid floors 2 and 3 - a bit loud in the evening/early morning.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
Javier V, Resort Manager at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear betterenglish3875

All the good things comes from you, and all the staff that works for Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, are very proud of their job, because for them and myself, this is our second home and happy to share experiences giving you the best service with our hart.
Childrens are very welcome and they are our main priority.

Our warmest regards to you, and thank you for sharing your experiences with our readers

Sincerely

Javier Vergara
(Resort Manager)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our family visited for a 50 th wedding anniversary. We were a group of 16 people ranging in age from 5 - 74
All of us found this magical place to be our favourite vacation of all times. The staff are as good as it gets. We felt safe, and cared for at every moment of our stay. Javier the manager is brilliant, he even personally walked me to a local store to buy authentic Mexican candy for our piñata. Rofugio our butler also brilliant, any thing we wished for he made happen. The pool side staff made you feel like a celebrity the way they served you food and drinks. Jesus, and randy in particular:). They got to anticipate your needs to the point they would bring you a drink without even asking!! It’s like they had esp! The kids swam up to the bar all day long ordering mango tangos and strawberry daqeries, and they were treated with the same exceptional kindness and care. never in my life have I experienced this kind of service. As we arrived they said welcome home, and at first I didn’t understand why they said that, but now I do. We will be back:)
To all of you wonderful people who made this the best vacation ever, MUCHO GRACIAS!!!!! The Sheridan’s

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned from our trip to Sunset Plaza. We have come every year to this hotel since it opened with the exception of a couple years. We do not have a timeshare as we like the idea of being able to go anywhere. However, each year we get drawn back to SS Plaza. The price is hard to beat. The staff are terrific. They are helpful and very friendly and care how your stay is going. They have now included a oven-fired pizza place that serves pizza and calzones. My son loved it, as well as the rest of us. The little deli is being moved so is temporarily closed. it's new locarion will be much better. We also ordered from the servers pool-side (special thanks to Jesus who always made sure our drinks were full!) so many options besides the two main restaurants.

My son had his first spa experience with a massage and facial. I think he is hooked, ha!

I am worried about the two towers they are going to be adding. I believe they start construction in a few months. One reason we lime this place so much is it is smaller, but has all the things we need. Adding more people to the mix will take this small-scale away. However, we will see!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LorRand
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great spot, small and easy to navigate, very friendly and attentive staff, very good food, no real beach to speak of. GM Javier was excellent, Suite was lovely, lots of activities for kids, close to airport (though upon leaving I wish we would have chosen a cab instead of shuttle) Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank RobFOttawa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our third trip to Sunset Plaza in the past 3 years, and needless to say we were not disappointed.

Prior to our arrival, Javiar (General Manager) helped in planning a special meal for my wife's 50th BD, and also facilitated in the purchase of a beautiful floral arrangement for this special occasion. My wife and I were very pleased with this special meal and the view was "to die for."

All Sunset Plaza staff members we had contact with were very friendly, professional, helpful and seemed genuinely nice. My wife and I had massages, and as expected...we were very pleased. And lastly...the food served was excellent in presentation and quality.

There is no doubt we will be returning to Sunset Plaza in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo