3,605 results
All reviews manager javier one bedroom suite mirador restaurant adult pool personal butler butler service italian restaurant swim up bar main restaurant kids club all inclusive package the hotel manager rooms face the ocean huge balcony full kitchen the general manager ocean view
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stayed for 5 days at this wonderful resort. The amenities are first class - beautiful rooms, all with a view. The food is great and plentiful. The best feature of Sunset Plaza is its staff - warm, welcoming professionals. They treated all members of our group of 12 (7 teenagers included) with smiles and efficiency. We will certainly be back to this gem of a hotel/resort. We did not have small children, but this is also a very family - friendly resort. The "kids club" is centrally located and the children seemed to be having a blast. Easy for parents to be on their own but still be close.

Room Tip: Try to avoid floors 2 and 3 - a bit loud in the evening/early morning.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
Javier V, Resort Manager at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear betterenglish3875

All the good things comes from you, and all the staff that works for Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, are very proud of their job, because for them and myself, this is our second home and happy to share experiences giving you the best service with our hart.
Childrens are very welcome and they are our main priority.

Our warmest regards to you, and thank you for sharing your experiences with our readers

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Our family visited for a 50 th wedding anniversary. We were a group of 16 people ranging in age from 5 - 74
All of us found this magical place to be our favourite vacation of all times. The staff are as good as it gets. We felt safe, and cared for at every moment of our stay. Javier the manager is brilliant, he even personally walked me to a local store to buy authentic Mexican candy for our piñata. Rofugio our butler also brilliant, any thing we wished for he made happen. The pool side staff made you feel like a celebrity the way they served you food and drinks. Jesus, and randy in particular:). They got to anticipate your needs to the point they would bring you a drink without even asking!! It’s like they had esp! The kids swam up to the bar all day long ordering mango tangos and strawberry daqeries, and they were treated with the same exceptional kindness and care. never in my life have I experienced this kind of service. As we arrived they said welcome home, and at first I didn’t understand why they said that, but now I do. We will be back:)
To all of you wonderful people who made this the best vacation ever, MUCHO GRACIAS!!!!! The Sheridan’s

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Javier V, Resort Manager at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Holly
It was nice pleasure meeting you, and take care of all your family.
Thank you for allowing us to help you to organize a special moment for their anniversary.
I shared this review to all tha staff, and their are going to be very happy to see all your family again to celebrate another anniversary next year.
Our comitment its you.
Thank you for being part of our family, because this is your second home far from home.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We just returned from our trip to Sunset Plaza. We have come every year to this hotel since it opened with the exception of a couple years. We do not have a timeshare as we like the idea of being able to go anywhere. However, each year we get drawn back to SS Plaza. The price is hard to beat. The staff are terrific. They are helpful and very friendly and care how your stay is going. They have now included a oven-fired pizza place that serves pizza and calzones. My son loved it, as well as the rest of us. The little deli is being moved so is temporarily closed. it's new locarion will be much better. We also ordered from the servers pool-side (special thanks to Jesus who always made sure our drinks were full!) so many options besides the two main restaurants.

My son had his first spa experience with a massage and facial. I think he is hooked, ha!

I am worried about the two towers they are going to be adding. I believe they start construction in a few months. One reason we lime this place so much is it is smaller, but has all the things we need. Adding more people to the mix will take this small-scale away. However, we will see!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank LorRand

To read your review make us feel proud of our job and Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa we work for.
I've shared this review with all the staff,and we are going to be very happy to see you again.
There is no reason to be worried about the construction our soul and spirit will prevail.
You will see.......

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Great spot, small and easy to navigate, very friendly and attentive staff, very good food, no real beach to speak of. GM Javier was excellent, Suite was lovely, lots of activities for kids, close to airport (though upon leaving I wish we would have chosen a cab instead of shuttle) Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank RobFOttawa
Javier V, Resort Manager at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear RobFOttawa

Thank you for the March break you had with us and for writing this review.
Thank you for recomend us, our commitment its you.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This was our third trip to Sunset Plaza in the past 3 years, and needless to say we were not disappointed.

Prior to our arrival, Javiar (General Manager) helped in planning a special meal for my wife's 50th BD, and also facilitated in the purchase of a beautiful floral arrangement for this special occasion. My wife and I were very pleased with this special meal and the view was "to die for."

All Sunset Plaza staff members we had contact with were very friendly, professional, helpful and seemed genuinely nice. My wife and I had massages, and as expected...we were very pleased. And lastly...the food served was excellent in presentation and quality.

There is no doubt we will be returning to Sunset Plaza in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank linsyk

Dear linsky
Thank you for sharing this review to our readers about the wonderful experience you had with us-
Our goal is go beyond expectations to create magic moments.