Hotels.com
Official Hotel
eDreams
Travelocity
4,064 results
All reviews manager javier mirador restaurant one bedroom suite adult pool personal butler butler service italian restaurant swim up bar main restaurant kids club all inclusive package the hotel manager rooms face the ocean large balcony the general manager full kitchen ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Oh my gosh! Where to start. I’m sitting on the plane after just leaving and already so sad to go. This was my third trip to Mexico since October. The other two were to Cancun and Cabo. This resort was seriously probably my overall favorite. We were with a group of friends and it was perfect for adults. It’s a smaller resort which I loved for an adult trip. I probably wouldn’t take a bunch of kids there because it’s small and they don’t have a lot for kids to do but sooooo perfect for adults. The food was AMAZING at every meal. It’s complete a la cart and no buffet at all. The main pool is mostly in the shade until about 1230-1 right now but we went on beach walks or went to the adult pool if we wanted sun earlier. The staff at the resort was legit second to none. We made such great friends with them all. Everyone was wonderful. I would like to give a special thank you to Samuel, Diego, Mario, Yair, Abel, Alejandro, Guillermo, Oliver, Daniel, Salvadar, and Pierr. We were here for the super bowl which was also my birthday. They brought me like four special cakes and had a cake and a note in my room when I arrived. They told everyone the super bowl party was my birthday party. I have never had a better birthday in 41 years! It was so amazing. I would HIGHLY recommend going. The rooms are all oceanfront and as soon as we checked in, we saw whales off our balcony. We watched the whales from the pool every day. I ran outside the property and there’s a great route with no stops right outside the door. I went 4 miles every day and it was totally safe. There is some construction on the main road but it was easy enough to maneuver around. Thank you Sunset for a perfect trip!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Cbarnes0207
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent a week with the most amazing service, people great attitude, helpful and friendly. I celebrated my wife’s birthday by the beach with an amazing dinner they prepared for us with stunning decorations, candles, etc. They made our vacation super special.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off let me say the resort is hands down BEAUTIFUL. I enjoyed every bit of my trip. The food exquisite. Hospitality 5 diamond. All the workers are just perfectly selected for this resort. I would like to give a personal Thank you to everyone that made my birthday weekend extraordinary. Special ty to: Daniel, Oliver, Adrian, Yair, Abelardo butler, Luis Grill, Saul pool service, Alejandro grill, Alex Pizza shop, Abelando, Jesus pool service, Relondo, Guadeloupe Room Service (housekeeper) Eric grounds keeper.

Room tip: best ocean views and service hands down
Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank gleneseh2020
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Sunset Plaza with friends for 5 days to celebrate my birthday. They Delivered!! Was greeted with a glass of sparkling wine, which was a nice surprise. Check in was very easy and friendly. I stayed in a very spacious suite which overlooked the ocean as your right there in front of it. We spent a lot of time at the pool (heated too) eating, drinking, just having a good time. Lots of alcohol to choose from. The staff are amazing! They go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable, especially SAMUEL and GUILLERMO from the pool area. These two really made us feel welcomed. Thanks guys!! The food was delicious as they have lots to choose from. Wonderful drinks too. This is my go to resort for now when I’m in PV. I will see you Sunset Plaza in March as I’m headed back out there. Thank you for a real good time!!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2021

the entire staff was friendly and helpful in giving information, calling taxis, getting towels, etc. the rooms were comfortable and clean. the food there was delicious which seems to be rare from from our prior experiences with all inclusive resorts. the resort was right on the beach but many handlers down there trying to sell you stuff so we avoided it but the views were great! i've read many other reviews complaining about the construction noise but we did not hear any or it didn't bother us.
the only complaint i had was that the hot tub temperatures were not hot.

Room tip: i think all rooms are ocean view. can't go wrong
Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank Baopham316
Javier Vergara, Director General at Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Baopham316

It was a real pleasure to have you with us and serve you as you deserve,
As you noticed the construction is not a major issue, because what we looking for you is just to relax and enjoy.
Thank you for focusing in that, the rest is our job.
Please give us the chance to host you again near in the future.

Our best wishes to you