Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$525
eDreamsUS$525
PricelineUS$525
Orbitz.comUS$526
CheapTicketsUS$526
TripadvisorUS$525
7,316 results
All reviews market cafe preferred club chef marco french restaurant carlos diaz barefoot grill oceana restaurant pool area entertainment team lobby bar unlimited vacation club preferred building pollo pool concierge foam party beautiful resort all inclusive resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

We had originally booked at Now Amber, which is next to Secrets, to get a swim out. Upon arrival, we were able to upgrade to the Secrets side, which is adults only, & happened to be in the preferred club.

I want to start out by saying the that resort is lovely (both the Now Amber & Secrets sides).The wait staff (pool and restaurants) was amazing & friendly, the food was excellent, & there were plenty of chairs & towels available at any time of the day at the pool & on the beach. We appreciated the free on-site COVID testing the resort provided (required to return to the US.) Very convenient, & only took a half hour start to finish. The spa & restaurants were all open, but the casino was not. Lots of whale activity - they could be seen from the pool, from the beach, & even from the Oceana restaurant! The weather could not have been more perfect - high 60s at night, & low 80s during the day. No clouds or rain the entire time! And NO BUGS! The beach is a bit rocky, but smoother areas could be found just a short walk down the beach.

On the down side, we were a bit disappointed that there were not the usual amenities we’ve come to know & enjoy at Secrets, especially in the preferred club, such as the little bottles of booze, pringles, M&Ms in the room each day. There was no sunscreen in the room, & we had to ask for soap. I feel these amenities should not have to be asked for, they should just be provided. We also didn’t receive any resort coupons, which I don’t think I’ve ever used anyway.

The swim out room was lovely, but it was in the shade the entire day. We couldn’t not enjoy the sun from the swim out - we had to go to the pool area or beach. I understand this is due to the design of the resort, however, had we known, it would have influenced our decision to pay extra for the upgrade.

One other thing that was different about this trip was an increase in their sales pitches on the resort & the pressure to buy, buy, buy. I’m not talking about the beach vendors, that is to be expected. I’m talking about the resort staff. Every day at the pool we were approached by various people trying to sell bottles of alcohol, romantic dinners on the beach, or make special reservations for dinner that required the purchase of a bottle of wine, etc. This got very tiresome. We stay at all-inclusives because they are ALL-INCLUSIVE! We don’t want to pay extra for food & drink!

Overall good experience, but a few things that detracted from the trip

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alejandra Geyer, Otro at Secrets Vallarta Bay Todo Incluido, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Dear, Paula9568.

We care about your opinion as it helps us improve the quality of our services, and we appreciate the time it took to comment on our services. We always strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest and we are happy to hear we reached that goal.

We are working on a daily basis to exceed our guests’ expectations and would love to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future so as to offer you a remarkable stay.

Social Media Coordinator & eConcierge

Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

I was here for one of my besties wedding vow renewal n I wanted to give a shout out to several staff members. Krizia-the wedding coordinator. She did an amazing job putting together a beautiful event n going above n beyond for the bride n groom. She was very professional n attentive. I would like to also commend Caesar (wait staff with the green eyes) at the Market Cafe. Honestly the entire staff treated us like royalty. My only complaint would be the room that we were in. It was a little outdated starting with the decor. Overall tho, it was a beautiful resort that had everything in it.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear, 564iriah.

Nothing is greater for us than having your preference and your kind recognition. It is certainly remarkable to read the kind comments you are sharing with us, particularly as it is a reflection of the extraordinary service we have. I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. We are very happy that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us and are looking very much forward to the pleasure of being your host again soon.

Alejandra Geyer
Social Media Coordinator & eConcierge.

Reviewed 3 March 2021

What an amazing time! The secrets resorts was so beautiful and the staff was friendly. I attended for a wedding vow renewal and didn’t really know what to expect but everything was on point. Krizia was the BEST wedding coordinator I’ve ever worked with. I film wedding so I have experienced an abundant amount of different personalities. She was a class act and made sure everything ran smoothly and went above and beyond her call of duty to make sure we had the best of time! She also made the other events such as the bonfire and the reception east and smooth and make sure we were even accommodated with everything we needed and MORE! I will definitely be coming back to this place

Trip type: Travelled with family
Alejandra Geyer, Otro at Secrets Vallarta Bay Todo Incluido, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

Dear, Minorn13.

Alejandra Geyer
Social Media Coordinator & eConcierge.

Reviewed 3 March 2021

This resort is top notch and all the people are very friendly. Our wedding planner Krizia was amazing! She was so helpful and tended to all of our needs! She has great energy and was very easy to communicate with.we had a few last minute adjustments that had to be made, but with her it was not a problem. she made are stay Absolutely amazing! I highly recommend this resort and her for anybody’s wedding in the near future !

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear, jareeqc2021.

It's our most pleasure to know that your stay was a wonderful one while you were impressed with our service staff. Please be confident that we will share your kind comments with our team, especially with Krizia as motivation to keep up with our commitment to offering truly remarkable experiences in our guests. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest and we are happy to hear we reached that goal.

We hope to have the pleasure of receiving you for many more years to always create memorable experiences.

Social Media Coordinator & Alejandra Geyer

Reviewed 3 March 2021

I attended a vow renewal and the wedding coordinator, Krizia, did an awesome job. She was hands-on with the bride and made sure their day was perfect for them and the guests. You won’t go wrong with your destination wedding in PV by Krizia!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear, jeanneb330.

It has been a pleasure to have attended to you as you deserve. I thank you very much for the time you took to write this review that we undoubtedly appreciate and make us better. I am delighted to hear about the warm hospitality you received from the team during your stay. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on future occasions to provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Social Media Coordinator & eConcierge