See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Stayed here several times over 10 years. 3 separate rentals in the house. All Private! We have stayed in all three areas and find the two bedroom to big for us. The one bedroom, Rio Vista, is quiet, roomy, private and equipped well with large open living area and kitchen. Patios are comfortable and easy to lull the time away with views of the river and surrounding canopy of trees with iguanas and birds abounding.
Upstairs penthouse is our favorite lodgings in all of PV. Lots of room, with patio bedroom suite. Main house has all the amenities you will need , bathroom, kitchen,dining area for 10. Completely wrapped in large windows which all open for the most wonderful breezes coming down the river way. Lots of seating areas. Very relaxing. The bedroom suite is also roomy with large shower, vanity and sink space, commode and much closet space. Bed is king size and comfy. All can be open air or you can close off the outside with large wooden folding doors. The setting is fantastic as you feel as though you are in the canopy. Still have the river view. The penthouse is noisier due to bridge traffic, but quiets in the evening and is a gem in the city.
Owner is very accommodating and responsive.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2016

This is a beautiful Mexican home in the middle of town, without the problems of being in the middle of town. The view is beautiful, surrounded by old growth trees, flowers, and a feeling of total serenity. I had plans to see the sights of Puerto Vallarta, but being at Casa Del Puente was so relaxing all I wanted to do is rest, read, and have a cocktail, and repeat the same process the next day. I dream about the relaxing time I had there, and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: there are three apartments, a one bedroom, two bedroom, and a larger suite on top.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Roger A
Reviewed 17 December 2016

Myself, hubby and our small dog have been travelling for over 18 months now and found these apartments to be possibly the best we have encountered. We stayed nearly 3 months they were that good! Maria is a joy to organize your trip with and her staff, Meche and Jaime, are the best.
The apartments themselves are fun, traditional and spacious, decorated in the most enchanting way. Each one is unique and a joy to relax all day in. From the moment you arrive past their their doorway and traditional fountains, you immediately start to unwind.
Everything is planned out for your stay with amazingly well equipped kitchens and fresh drinking water on hand. Nothing was too much trouble. We definitely hope to return next year.

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank RoamingJunks
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Two of us stayed in the Penthouse at Casa Del Puente for two weeks and it was so spectacular. A beautifully appointed classic Mexican home in the treetops above the river Cuale in the heart of Puerto Vallarta, cool and quiet, specious, architecturally beautiful with windows you throw open to the down river breeze. A walk through the park takes you to the beach, birds of all description flit about in the trees, it is just magic. A perfectly charming and discreet housekeeper keeps the home spotless. There is a fantastic kitchen with more than well stocked basics. The only problem is..... I do not want to leave and cannot believe I don't live here! I have had to remind myself every day that I'm a guest and not the terrifically blessed person that owns this home!!! All joking aside it is truly a gem and worth every penny. I think there are three suites and if you were lucky enough to be able to rent all three it would make a spectacular place to share with friends or for a wedding! Maria was most gracious and accommodating. There is a phone you can call the US and Canada on. Exceeded all expectations!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2016

In October 2016, my boyfriend and I spent five wonderful days at Casa del Puente. The ambience was very welcoming and completely captured the lovely Mexican culture. Inside there is a full kitchen with just about any small appliance you'd need and free water! A private and lockable bedroom sits in the back where you have the option of switching the two twin beds to one king bed. Throughout the whole house there are big windows that have a nice view of the beautiful Rio Cuale (we did some brief bird watching from the house :)).

It is conveniently located two blocks from the world famous Malecón! Whether you'd like to go for a walk on the beach, shop at the mercados, or or right in downtown! Everything we needed was a quick walk away. You're close to many markets/mercados, and restaurants.

The housekeeper, Meche, and the groundskeeper/maintenance guy (I'm blanking on his name right now), are so sweet and just a phone call away if you need anything. The groundskeeper speaks English also if that is something you need.

I can't stress enough how perfect everything was at Casa Del Puente. It was our first time there, but it won't be our last!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple