16 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$197
FindHotelUS$161
eDreamsUS$197
4,533 results
All reviews sushi bar french restaurant diamond member la catrina hacienda pool le delice seafire restaurant lobby bar specialty restaurants rooftop pool partial ocean view junior suite adult only pool close to the airport kids club dinner reservations the wait staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2021

Traveled to the Hilton Puerto Vallarta and booked The Hacienda. The building is beautiful and rooms are well appointed and definitely has a hacienda feel; though it is far from the main hotel and due to COVID the restaurants and bars in The Hacienda are closed. We ended up moving to the main hotel after I complained countless times about no air conditioning in the room. They attempted to give us three different rooms and they were all warm — staff admitted there was a problem after the third room was 22 degrees and rising. We were given an Ocean Front room that was exquisite. The room was huge and modern!

During our week there were at lot of kids at the main pool, and due to limited service, we sucked it up. However, they were doing construction on the swim out rooms along the pool and there was construction noise for most of the day — and it was loud!

The service from bar and restaurant staff was great. Reception staff was average at best. Food was actually really good and I was totally impressed. The room comes stocked with soda and one Pacifico, one Bud Light, and one Corona. They refill it once a day — and outside of that you can only get Modelo at the bars and restaurants. I went to the Oxxo and bought my own.

For the price we paid, I cannot complain, but now I realize why a 4* hotel was so cheap! The hotel has potential, but the franchise operator is not running the property up to the brand standards. There is no recognition of being an Honors member — and even as a Diamond I was unable to get them to give me 3 Pacifico in the room instead of the their allotment.

So if you are going for a quick cheap getaway, this is the place. If you are looking for a service-oriented higher-end experience, I suggest you go elsewhere!

Room tip: Pay for the room you want. Upgrades are expensive and status means nothing.
Reviewed 23 March 2021 via mobile

The spa treatment my wife and I received was five star! So good, that we came back within 48 hours to do another spa treatment.
We would highly recommend anyone wanting a relaxing massage, to come and give them a try.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

I booked a rate for 2 adults. It was only my by son (8) and I traveling. They charged me an additional $65 a night for him even though I booked an adult rate. I was able to have it refunded when I complained the next day.
The food: I’ve had better meals in hospitals and cafeterias. There is almost no selection (compared to the other 4 Hilton A.I. Properties I’ve stayed at), AND my son wasn’t even allowed to dine at 2 of the 3 ala carte restaurants. I did love going out into town for some meals since PV has an amazing food scene.
Room: Junior suite was nice, but filthy. We’re talking lipstick stains on the mirror, dead bugs in the light fixtures, and a broken door on the balcony. Another review mentioned lack of hot water—I experience this too but I found if I let it run for about 15 mins it will warm up
Pool: Over crowded with families and COLD! The rooftop pool is the perfect place to watch the sunset, and all of the servers were friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank brian09656
Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

3rd time at the Hilton PVR this year and it keeps getting better. Angel took us to our room on the 7th floor partial ocean view, Angel immediately called down without us even asking to upgrade us. Sabrina actually gave us a choice between a couple different rooms. They were all beautiful and spacious with great views of either the pool or partial ocean. We ended up in 843 with a spectacular view. Maricela, I hope I got her name right, kept our room stocked and always had the bed made up in different designs. Scheduling our Covid test and making dinner reservations with Brianda and Tiani was seamless, even when I had to change times or cancel. I look forward to hearing Tiani sing at Karaoke next time I’m there. The pool experience was top notch again! We had a group of 6 to 8 of us that would meet up at the Hilton pool and Guillermo, Carlos, Andres and Francisco kept our drinks flowing all day long. Even when they were understaffed for a few hours one day Guillermo was making drinks and bringing them out as well. We’d spend the last few hours of daylight up at the roof top pool to enjoy the incredible sunset where Patricia would handle about 15 to 30 people, she was incredible.
We spent a couple days at the Hacienda pool where dancing Juan provided great service and nice dance moves. German and Isabel were also outstanding. I have to mention Marco and Filipe who always greeted us with a smile whenever they saw us. And of course Rafael, Oswaldo, Antonio and Manuel. They are some of the best bartenders ever.(COPA DE ORO ) The wait staff always had my coffee ready at my table by the stairs overlooking the beach. Thanks Gabo(Gabriel), Fernando, Cecilia, Adriana and Nelly. It was also nice meeting Kunibert the GM. He was very interactive with the staff and all the staff that I talked to had great respect for him.
Needless to say, I will be back, like in 2 weeks.
Mi familia.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank bigm0ke
Reviewed 10 March 2021

Shower and bath did not have any hot water. I identified to the staff and no suggestions made to resolve the issue whatsoever. Staff suggested that I was turning the knob in the wrong direction (really ??) As I see it, there are three options to resolve this 1) Fix the Issue; 2) Move us to a location where basic services work (we would have taken a downgraded room); or 3) Comp the Room.

Incredibly disappointed that there was zero interest in any of the above. As a matter of fact, when brought up again (nicely) to the staff during checkout, we were escorted out the door.

Unfortunately, this completely ruined our vacation and opinion of this property. Any positive experiences were tarnished by having to take cold showers and having the staff DO NOTHING to resolve when brought to their attention.

After speaking with several other guests, there were similar situations with the water...all resolved. I am a Hilton Diamond Member (highest tier), which is a slap in the face on this kind of issue.

No doubt that most of the staff was very accommodating, and there are some good qualities about this hotel. But, I would strongly recommend to stay away from this hotel for fear of the same treatment by staff who are responsible to provide these basic services.

Room tip: I suggest looking around for a different property. Read our review.