“The Most Fabulous "Boutique Hotel"”
Review of Casa Cupula

Casa Cupula
Ranked #4 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This is a true "Gem" in Puerto Vallarta.
If you want to be treated to the best you must stay here!
The Guest House is in the cliffs with a spectacular view,less than 5 mins. from all the action.
Surrounded by beautiful tropical foiliage. Gorgeous rooms with 5 star service*****
Also, Do not forget to eat in the restaurant "Taste" it is wonderful.
Try the "Taste Menu" your first night, where you can choose 3 completely different cuisines
all for 249 mxn$. They also serve breakfast and lunch, do not miss the Sunday Brunch here!
Do Not miss their Friday Night "Meet and Greet" parties this was a blast!.
I cannot thank enough the whole staff, Erick, Don, Tina ,Fernando and Marcos for truly
making my 12 night stay unforgettable!
I cannot wait to stay here Next Year!......
I love all of you!
Ron-Brooklyn,NY

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Ron R

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed at Casa Cupula for 5 nights and enjoyed every minute of it. Unfortunately it rained ever day we were in Puerto Vallarta but we made the best of it. The hotel goes out of its way to make you feel welcome and make your stay a memorable one. From the welcoming margarita to the meet and greet social. I have to say the staff is the friendliest i have ever come across at any hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank fabeww
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We reserved a king deluxe room for a six night stay at Casa Cupula. Making reservations and arranging for payment all went off without a hitch. The hotel charged us exactly as they said they would, taking a 50% deposit upon reservation, and a 50% payment one week prior to arrival. Once the final payment was made, we contacted the hotel to arrange airport transfers for us, which they did. Upon arrival we were whisked immediately to the hotel by their vendor with no delay and no issues. Once we arrived, we were greeted with a warm smile and a hearty welcome. We were shown around the beautiful hotel and we were encouraged to ask the staff for anything that we needed during our stay. We were made to feel very welcome.

Our room in the main building was spotless and well-appointed. However, it had a minor issue that I will not go into here. After spending one night, we decided that we would prefer a different room. The next morning, after a brief discussion at the front desk, we were happily given a room change to a room of the same category in a different building – the Seville building. The most important thing here to note is not that we had an issue with our original room, but that the staff was only too happy to make sure we were satisfied. Again, they truly cared about our happiness and we were touched at how warmly we were treated when we requested a room change.

Upon changing rooms, we were overwhelmed by the beauty Seville building. It was so peaceful and so tastefully decorated; from the grand piano in the open-air common area to the smiling Bhudda overlooking the main pool of this building, the whole feeling was sedate and lovely. The true topper of this building is its rooftop deck complete with gorgeous hanging lanterns, comfortable chaise lounges, plunge pool, and stunning view of the ocean. We spent the remainder of our vacation on the rooftop deck enjoying the peace and beauty of this special area. The room itself was sumptuous and the bed was heavenly. I got some of the deepest, most restful sleep I have ever had at a hotel.

The restaurant at the hotel is a real gem. The waiters were friendly and efficient. They were always there for us when we needed them, but never intrusive. The food is to die for! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. The banana pancakes were heavenly! For lunch or dinner, do not miss the freshly prepared guacamole and pico de gallo; what a treat! The chefs here presented the dishes beautifully and I have no complaints about any of the items I tried. It doesn’t hurt that we could enjoy our meals being cooled by gentle breezes while staring out at the beautiful bay in the distance.

If you are looking for party central, stay somewhere else. If you need, rest and peace while being treated graciously by the staff, stay at Casa Cupula. And when you do, say hello to my beautiful girls, Bella and Lola!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dnvrTrvlr50
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Best gay hotel I ever stayed in. The rooms are spectacular. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. I love the location: It is just about a 12 minute walk to the beach but absolutely quiet in the evening. The way to the beach is mostly steps (more than 200) as the hotel is located on a little hill – which gives you fantastic view of the sea.
Loved the ‘Happy Hour’ every day with some free bites to eat and free drinks (the premium stuff – not the cheap junk as in some others).
Two supermarkets are close by. Town center where the bars are is a short taxi ride away.
The restaurant is absolutely recommendable – just mind the chili decoration (I accidently eat one and was done for the rest of the evening).
When you arrive the first time, don’t get scared about the condition of last few 100 meters of the road.
We booked the transfer from the airport via the hotel which was very nice and convenient. If you feel adventurous and have the exact address handy you probably get a public taxi a bit cheaper.
Can’t wait to be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are decortated differently. Ask to see some if there is choice left.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Max_Max_Berlin
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I pleasure of staying in the penthouse suite last week, and overall I had a terrific time. It is the nicest "gay" hotel in which I've stayed.

The room was very spacious and comfortable, and the private rooftop plunge pool was awesome. I spent many hours hanging out up there! The room had a washer/dryer, which came in handy, and a great 2 person shower. The location of the hotel was great. It was it bit isolated, which was great, but the walk to the beach and all of the local restaurants was very easy (yes, there is a hill to walk down/up, but no big deal).

The staff at the hotel is amazing. Oscar and Marcos, the guys that manned the front desk, took care of all of my wants/needs, and Tina, the general manager, was also very sweet and helpful.

I highly recommend Casa Cupula and will definitely by going back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo