40 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$334
Hotels.comUS$334
getaroom.comUS$398
5,525 results
All reviews sky bar shore grill mojito bar grand lounge north tower asian restaurant la cevicheria room service pool area sushi michael jackson show alfredo tacos ocean view top shelf liquor entertainment staff girls trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

So great we are going back in 3 or 4 months. First time here but will not be our last by any means. Staff was so gracious, view was incredible. Food was all great, no bad meals at all. Great location. Beach area is great. Do not miss this place.

1  Thank 193BudV
Sergio Valencia FGPV, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for such a beautiful comment. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoy your visits every time that you come. I will make sure to pass your words to the staff. Hope you welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

What I Liked · The resort was kept up very well. The staff did a good job making sure things were tidy and we saw people sanitizing often.

What I Disliked · The communication from staff to guests needs improvement. I wasn’t sure if they were understaffed or training was inconsistent. For example, when we arrived to check in, there wasn’t much of a welcome. It was “Hola, let us take your bags. Check in over there”. There were two lines of groups standing to check in or out and we stood there for 20 minutes waiting for our turn. After a flight and taxing to your resort the last thing you want to do is stand in another line to check in.

I won’t name names but another resort in PV that is also rated the same has chilled hand towels and champagne for you when u step out of the taxi. It really sets the tone that you are on vacation. They take your name and call you when it’s your turn to check in so you can take in the view and enjoy your drink. That is so much classier and considerate for the guests. Upon check in, you have to use the QR code at the desk to get the hotel info. They don’t say this to you, you’re just supposed to know. Which I understand bc of COVID there isn’t a lot of pamphlets but there is not a hotel map or tips on how to enjoy the resort and all it offers. It’s a “fend for yourself, figure it out” vibe. It took 3 days to figure out the fastest routes to get anywhere. And from the N tower I would skip the stairs and elevator and walk outside on the driveway to go to the lobby. No crowds and no wait.

Most of the restaurant staff were excellent but some—- let’s say they seemed tired of waiting on tourists or they were unhappy about their job. Our breakfasts in D’Brick were always pleasant. Please tip your servers and the omelette/quesadilla station cooks. Yes, I know it’s unnecessary to tip but few dollars goes a long way. Also, our pool waiters hustled liked crazy to serve dozens of people all day in the sun. Show them some love.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 May 2021

First and foremost, the two main draws about this resort have to be the beach and the staff.

You can step directly off of the pool deck and on to the beach, where you can find additional sun chairs and umbrellas, and the wait staff will take drink orders here as well. The strategically-placed rock barriers ensure the waves don't get too big, and the water was the perfect temperature. My boyfriend and his brother spent hours fishing off the rocks, reeling in tons of cool fish!

The staff is constantly working to ensure guests have the best experience. The pool deck entertainers had the perfect personalities for the job and were genuinely fun to talk to. The waiters somehow know exactly when to ask if you need anything else. We were especially impressed because they could take multiple drink and food orders from different groups of people and never mess an order up. They were constantly on the move and are the reason our pool experience was so enjoyable.

You can either order food from the waiters or eat the food that is served right at the pool deck each day for lunch. I especially appreciate the server who was willing to help me practice my Spanish and would teach me new words when he would serve me my food! The food, by the way, was delicious! At the pool deck, my favorites were the buffalo wings and the amazing paella that the entertainers cook right in front of you! Our favorite restaurants were the Italian (get the "I.G.T." pasta!!!) and Asian restaurants. I've seen other reviews complaining about the wait for the Asian restaurant, but we never waited more than 10 minutes (we ate there four times)! The breakfast array was amazing as well, with a huge amount of options to choose from including pan dulce, freshly squeezed juice, and any omelet you could want.

The excursion concierge at the front of the hotel was very knowledgeable and fixed our transportation mix up for us. He also made it super easy to set a ziplining excursion up for my boyfriend and I! One of the coolest things we've ever done!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 May 2021

Let’s start out with the top three things that I enjoyed the most during my visit followed by three dislikes. Firstly, the wait staff was impeccable! Everyone had smiles on their faces, they all spoke very good English, and I was truly amazed how well they worked together as a team where at times three different people could be waiting on you and catering to your needs at the same time like a well-oiled machine. Secondly, the ocean overlook in the lobby was breathtaking! As soon as you walk into the building, you’re greeted with a jaw-dropping view of the Wide Ocean and fresh, crisp sea air. Thirdly, the place was really clean. No matter the time of day, there was always someone around cleaning something in the building and keeping everything pristine.

Now for my top three dislikes. Firstly, the poolside drinks were disgusting! They were either made with poor quality liquid or diluted with liquid sugar, the drinks were often watered down, and all of the drinks were served un-garnished (no presentation) with limited drink choices by the pool. Your best bet is to purchase a VIP package that gives you unlimited access to a private lounge on the premise that only serves premium drinks that were all awesomely made during my visit. Secondly, it is beyond me why they don’t provide paper menus in both Spanish and English for guests unable to access their online menus from their phones via WIFI for all their restaurants? Unfortunately, my Spanish was rusty and I was unable to understand the array of food options via a Spanish paper menu (I needed English) that they provided me at their Italian restaurant that was my least favorite place to eat at because the food lacked robust flavor. For example, a salad contains only a large piece of lettuce and your choice of dressing with no other vegetable options. The other food items were also simply made without flare or pizazz (nothing was impressive about the meal). The Mexican and American restaurants onsite were my two favorites and there was too large of a waiting crowd during my visit for me to eat at their Asian restaurant in order for me to rate it for this review. And lastly, the beach there was rocky, public and full of merchants constantly trying to sell you things as you try to relax. Since this resort doesn’t have a private beach, anything and everything is happening on it. However, the pool area and canopies were pleasant enough where you didn’t necessarily have to venture onto the beach, which was fine.

Overall, the facility was top-notch with a superb guest experience where every single room on the premise has an ocean view regardless of the room size and where a quick 10-minute taxi ride from the resort takes you downtown to several scenic attractions.

Room tip: You could hear loud noises from nearby rooms to the Sky Bar on weekends until 1 am local time.
Date of stay: May 2021
Sergio Valencia FGPV, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Adults Only, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Dear Claudes,

Kind regards,
Sergio Valencia - General Manager.

Reviewed 8 May 2021 via mobile

Truly amazing place. Best service ever. Fantastic staff everywhere. Food in restaurantsdelicious! Every restaurants- every one single waiter in restaurants totally customer oriented! Special thanks to Ernesto ( beach service) !!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family