Despite its advanced age, this hotel, set in a garden that cascades down to a perfect beach, is still a pleasant place to spend a week. My husband and I lolled on our private terrace, splashed about in the beautiful pool, spent happy hours under a shady palapa on the beach, and ate in the hotel's restaurant. We saw iguanas, chachalacas, squirrels, geckos foraging in the hotel garden which is a tropical jungle. The scratchy hotel towels and block like pillows were the only downside. The restaurant is a bit pricey for what you get, but the pleasure in watching a tropical downpour as the sun set made up for the food. It is not bad, just boring. The service was fine and friendly. The hotel could use a little spiffing up but not to the level of its chichi neighbors, which look like gringo style ripoffs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular Sunsets Are Seen From The Comfort Of Your Hammock ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Beach Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Catalina Beach Zihuatanejo