All reviews open air la ropa beach minute walk small staff owner luis small kitchen zihuatanejo bay overlooking the bay valle units taxis pesos
Reviewed 19 January 2016

The Villas have been my home away from home for over 8 years. Words can't describe how I feel about this precious place! I have stayed in almost every one of the 9 Villas. They have their unique offerings. Each Villa has a kitchenette which is much appreciated when you are enjoying a day at the pool. Over the years many family and friends have joined me in Zihua at the Villas and every single one of them has experienced wonderful hospitality by Luis and his amazing team. In November 2015 there were 14 of us that stayed in 6 of the Villas, The Villas are a great place for reunions/gatherings. Luis and Adriana were so gracious to arrange memorable moments during our stay from a delicious BBQ dinner of grilled tuna, catamaran rides, pool party and dinner reservations. I would highly recommend the Villas to anyone! It's a short walk to Playa La Ropa, the most beautiful beach in Zihua! There are numerous restaurants/bars to enjoy in Zihua during your stay. Enjoy everything the Villas and Zihua have to offer........paradise!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dana K
Reviewed 16 November 2015

This a great place to say in Zihua. It is very close to the Playa La Ropa beach. There are 9 villas, each of them unique. Each will have a small kitchenette w/ a sink, stove, cookware, plates, etc and a fridge. The rooms vary, but all have at least a queen bed and bathroom. The pool is fantastic. Plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas for shade if needed.

With mild effort, you can easily walk downtown to the main marina and downtown (el centro) where there are tons of shops and places to eat. The locals will know some English and if you know a bit of Spanish you will meet about "half way". Taxis are available for about 40 pesos per ride. You can also take the city bus for about 7 pesos from el centro up to the beach and or back again.

Room Tip: Villas 2 to 9 have the best views. Higher the number, the better view, but the more steps to get there.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2015

My husband, son & his family just visited Playa La Ropa and stayed at Villas San Sebastian. We booked last minute and the 2 bedroom suite was booked so Luis accommodated us with 2 suites side by side. It worked out fabulously. The suites are lovely with the best vistas we have ever had anywhere. The pool is kept spottlessly clean with very nice lounge chairs. The very best though is the staff especially Jose. He is so accommodating, helpful, friendly & all other such adjectives. Even the first few minutes upon our arrival I noticed my sunglasses broke, Jose immediately fixed them!!! Talk about above the call of duty. We were also travelling with a 3 month old & Jose was extremely helpful with all our paraphenalia. Thank you Jose, Luis & the cleaning staff who kept our rooms spotless in the tropics!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw seemed to be lovely albeit if stairs are a problem you need to pick a lower level as we had many steps up to our suites. The views from all rooms are great but of course the higher you go the better the vistas.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank born2travel71
Reviewed 8 January 2015

This has got to be one of the greatest if not the greatest place I have ever stayed in Mexico so close to the beach! Each villa is a perfect sized apartments and has a fridge, stove, and large bathroom with a great shower. There is a perfect terrace to sit out on in the morning and evening with friends or family and watch the sun rise and set. I felt very safe the whole time I was there in Dec-Jan and walked to the beaches, restaurants, and shops in the beautiful town of Zihuatenajo. The people there are so helpful! The restaurants were fantastic. You can even take a load of clothes to the local lavenderia and have them washed and folded for around 2-4 US dollars. We went deep sea fishing and left from the port which was within walking distance. Best vacation place ever and Luis is so helpful and speaks perfect English. I would love to go there every year. Very affordable. Thank you San Sebastián Villas!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Our family of four adults met in Zihua for a week and felt like extended family with the staff & other residents! We rented two Villas from Luis that were next door on the upper level with amazing views to the bay and of course awesome sunsets. Steps up/down :-)(-; Our adult kids shared unit-8 and ours was a bit larger-unit 9. Both were roofed with a spacious open-sided kitchenette, living area and an enclosed bedroom with AC for when needed. Really did not "cook" but the setup was handy for breakfast, snacks, beverages and shade. This location was so convenient for La Ropa beach walks, lounging for the day at Elvira's (closed on TU) or Paty's and renting a kayak, sailing right in between both establishments and dinner out nearby. The pool was a perfect cool down break from the beach. Jose welcomed and assisted us when we arrived/departed...always helpful and took great pride in his work, grounds and the lovely vegetation. My husband and I stayed an additional week and hope to extend our time next winter!!! :-))

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family