Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico
Universo S.A.(Guadalajara)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsthe cafe downstairsice machinewalking distanceavenida juareznice hotelonly stayed one nightexcellent wificomfortable bedsextra towelsde losfelt safeclose to the hotelwould definitely stay here againjunior suiteno windowhistoric districtpleasure of staying
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location in the center of the historic district, you can walk a couple blocks to many historic sites. It's near many places to eat, a convenient store across the street, bank, pharmacy. They have parking though they are very small but it's free. My rental car felt safe there though. It is pricey hotel for the quality you get. The rooms are very large, beds are comfy. Our room had a great view with a partial view of the historic area. The bathroom is updated but you couldn't adjust the position of shower head and the water leaked onto the ground. The blackout curtain worked great. Be aware there is major construction 24/7 on the street right in front of the hotel rooms, though I rarely heard noise but a few times when the cement trucks went by.
The hotel has a lot of potential to be better. The customer service was mixed. max the bellboy was very nice and helpful but the rest was sometimes so blah. I left a note (I speak Spanish) with a tip for the housekeeper for extra towels since we used a few for the water coming out the shower. Never got extra towels. Only 2 towels for a family of 4. I had to call downstairs for towels, and got 2 towels in the evening. When I came back in the later AM for breakfast to take a shower, the room was cleaned already but the housekeeper took back the extra unused towels!! We went to the cart to get more and got two towels with holes in them. Also, I like the room cold with AC and 2/3 nights we had to call reception at 2-3AM to have someone come check on the AC and come to find out the front desk had to fix it. The second time it happened we told them what happened last time but nope, they still had to send in maintenance man in to the room at 3am while we are all sleeping to only had front desk fix it again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Dear aya619,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good. We are so pleased to know you liked the fine location of our facility. We would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have noticed with the room you received and the housekeeping services you had. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 November 2016

A basic hotel that has an excellent downtown location. The rooms were comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Your basic Holidy Inn. There is a restaurant on property but I did not eat there. The rooms were also quiet and well kept.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

In general it's a nice hotel beds are very comfortable and large.

There is a coffe shop downstairs serving nice coffe.

Breakfast was good as well and I like the proximity to old town.

I don't like that there was no minibar and my coffe machine didn't work.

The power of the water coming from the shower was also very weak, if they fixed those things it would be a solid 4 star for me.

Stayed: November 2016
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

Dear Magnus G,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the condition of our beds, our coffee shop, breakfast, as well as the convenience of our location. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our in room coffee machine and shower water pressure among the others. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Came in late at night after a dinner just to spend the night before heading out to my next trip. Hotel is very dated. Elevators are from the 70s, rooms as well although pretty tidy. Strangely configured, the bed didn't face the TV (or the other way around), so no way to lay in bed and watch TV without becoming a contortionist. No amenities other than a non-working coffee maker. They charge an awful lot of money for nothing.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Pablo P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Hotel Staff

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I decided to stay in this hotel at my second stay in Guadalajara. Keep in mind I had a great experience during my first trip in a hotel that was half the price of this. My initial room didn't had windows and it fell to uncomfortable given then footprint. After going to the reception to address my concern, they indicated they didn't had any equivalent room available (hard to believe based on the time and the few amount of people I saw at the hotel during my stay). Instead, they made me pay an additional $40 a night for a bigger room.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Pablo P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Centro Historico, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Hotel Staff