“This building lights up both day and night”

Basilica of Our Lady of Guanajuato
Ranked #6 of 76 things to do in Guanajuato
More attraction details
Owner description: This 17th-century cathedral holds a wooden image of the Nuestra Senora de Guanajuato that is thought be the oldest piece of Christian art in Mexico.
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Almost right in the middle of downtown Guanajuato. I went to see it closely on my last nite here. I noticed the statue of the Pope on the right side of the church. It is an architectural marvel with the chandeliers and gold inside. I wanted to go in, but there was a graduation ceremony going on and I had to respect that! There is a museum open from 1000 to 1500 in the old capilla of the church. I wish I had come earlier. Alot of different stores and restaurants around

A TripAdvisor Member
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Interior is beautiful and we were lucky enough to catch a wedding. Do stop by for a look inside. I am catholic so I do stops give some thanks to the lord for my safe travels amongst other things.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

40 steps take you inside a magical place. The paintings inside are inspiring. I especially liked the one of Jesus and the boy on his right side. The picture of the white dove is also spectacular. Our guide told us about each painting and the church's history.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Inside it out this structure is beautiful. Off a bright Sunny day it glows with color. At night, It's also beautiful. This is a great center piece in a beautiful city.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

when you are walking around and see this church look amazing with all the old building surrounded it. also you have bus stop easy to identify and find as it is a really good point to look at.