Hostel Condesa Chapultepec
US$124
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
Fiesta Inn Naucalpan(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$89
US$84
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$137
Hilton.com
  • Pool
US$119
  • Restaurant
We Hotel Aeropuerto(Mexico City)
US$175
US$82
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

Hotel Marlowe(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
US$50
Distrito Capital(Mexico City)
US$129
US$105
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$304
US$273
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Restful place in great location near Chapultepec Park, Zona Rosa, subway station, Angel of Independence. Around the hostel are quiet, safe, tree-shaded streets and parks with many convenient stores and food options.

The owner greeted me and showed me around, oriented me to the neighborhood and sights around it. He was friendly and set up my early morning ride to the airport.

Bunk beds had fairly new-looking mattresses, reading lights, and electrical outlets. Bathrooms well-functioning with plenty of hot water and water pressure. Bathrooms small, but several to choose from. Upstairs terrace was a peaceful retreat. Tranquil neighborhood with friendly people.

Room Tip: Dorm room bunk beds are stacked 3-high, but the hostel wasn't crowded and I easily got a 1st level bunk.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed there 2 nights, it was 2 nights too... The receptionist is a bit weird, wake up you at 9AM to know if you stay one more night (actualy check out is at 11AM), come in the dorm for no raison, anytime. And to finish, I slept 1 night without any cover on my bed... Just horrible.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed 11 April 2015

The two main selling points of this hostel are its quiet location in a residential area and the availability of private rooms. The main hostel is near Sevilla metro stop. The secondary hostel (in a gated residence with only private rooms) is near Patriotismo stop. Due to a double booking for a private room, I stayed in the main hostel for a couple days and the secondary hostel for one night. There were few visitors at either location.

The reason that I would prefer not to return would be the overall cleanliness. There are no private bathrooms; and, the shared bathrooms at both locations were not clean.

A note to those booking using Hostelling International membership -- you will only get the 10% off if you walk in the door to book. If you book via the HI website, due to the associated fees, the hostel gives smaller discount.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank EJ_Blakey
Reviewed 5 November 2014

I stayed in this hostel for over two weeks looking for an apartment. I'd say this is an average hostel, I've stayed in hundreds and while this one is nothing special it certainly isn't terrible in any way. I didn't find any other OK-looking hostels located in La Condesa/Roma, if you're in the city to explore the attractions of these areas (like bars and restaurants) and just want an OK and safe place to sleep this is a neat spot. But if you're just traveling through for a couple of days as a backpacker and want to see the main sights there are probably nicer hostels in the city center. As for quality, just expect a budget hostel and you'll be fine.

I tried both the private rooms and the dorms. There were not more than a couple of other guests here, it is probably not the best place to meet other travelers. The guys' bathroom is ridiculously small, yes, but since there weren't any other guests I just used the spacious ladies bathroom for my entire two week stay without complaints. The owner should just make it unisex like in other hostels.

The owner lives in the building but can sometimes be out on errands so make sure you don't forget the code to the door. Very important! Or you might not be able to get back in. The owner dude is very chill and friendly and helped me tons in getting settled in the city. I had no problems with payments or anything. No problem in bringing your own beer back etcetera.

Room Tip: During rainy season (June-October) bring repellant if you stay in the dorms because there might be a lot of mosquitoes.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RasmusOne
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I've done a bit of travel and stayed in quite a few not so great places, but this one tops the list.. I find it easier to summaries things in point form, so here goes:

- The rooms were ok sized, but the linen was terrible! Stains all over the sheets and the pillows were hard as rocks.
- The bathrooms were a joke! There was one male bathroom/shower in the whole place which is located in what I would call a cupboard under the stairs... I am a small female, and even I would have had trouble fitting in the shower! Forget going to the toilet if you're tall as well! You'll get more legroom on an economy fare flight! The female bathroom had a bathtub that had a screen put up in the middle to make it into 2 showers! There were no locks on the female bathroom either, so there is no privacy. We stayed for 3 nights and I don't think the bathrooms were cleaned the whole time we were there. Absolutely no water pressure in the showers either.
- The included breakfast is non existent! Even though it was advertised when we booked... We just got told 'we don't do it anymore'
- The location is good and there are some good restaurants and tourist attractions within walking distance. - The guy that ran the place was helpful, but that didn't really make up for the state of the place..

My advice is if you can't find something better.. Still don't stay here!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends