See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2012

As hotelier I always try different type of services and in this case, La Casita is unbeatable. I stayed with my wife last November during a quick trip in "Cuarto del árbol", super comfortable bed; charming room well ventilated, but also had a little heather; perfectly clean and lighted bathroom and a beautiful hand painted decoration above the bed that gave a magical sensation.
You receive breakfast in the morning with not only a great taste of Mexican Food, but also a warm smile and real care. The garden is soooo beautiful and relaxing, the location great to visit Coyoacan and the whole south of the city. Jose Luis was superattentive from the reservation until our departure. Unfortunately it was fully committed last time I was in Mexico City last February and I had to try somewhere else. No comparison at all.
We tried La Pause restaurant, Martin, the Chef is a very special person with a special talent, Mexican food made in an incomplicated way, good wine, nice atmosphere. (I will better make a review there).

Be absolutely sure you will not find anything like La Casita del Patio Verde in south DF (and many other places). Stay there, you will remember your whole life.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BenjiFernandez
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This sweet little house is a real treat. With only three rooms it really does feel your own place, especially as the other guests are out and about most of the time. It's located in a great spot for exploring Frida Kahlo's house and Diego Rivera's studio. It's only a few minutes walk from Coyoacan square so it really feels like you're staying in a little village. The house is beautifully presented, and the breakfasts were beyond compare. Very welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rjt33
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed in this B&B for five nights and the experience is best ever.
House was always clean,breakfast was so big and fresh and had different main dishes everyday.
Bed was so comfortable that you don't wanna get out of it.
It's an oasis within Mexico city,beautiful neighborhood,and there are some small shops/restaurant around to discover.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Wonderful experience on both of my stays. Stayed for 3 nights in July with a friend in "Cuarto del Arbol" and then 4 nights in August with my sons in "La Cabana". The rooms are beautiful, clean, cozy, silent and fully equipped.
Breakfast was great, fresh orange juice, yogurt, fresh fruit, bread, jams and a main course breakfast dish which changed daily.
Jose Luis, the Innkeeper, is welcoming and helpful, always ready to give you useful tips to enjoy your trip. He really makes you feel at home.
La Casita del Patio Verde is in my favorite neighborhood, Coyoacan, a paradise inside chaotic Mexico City. Coyoacan is a safe neighborhood full of lovely little colonial squares, churches, markets, cafès and restaurants.
The hotel is walking distance to the Frida Kahlo Museum and near the Diego Rivera and Dolores Olmedo Museums.
It was a WONDERFUL experience and would recommend it to everyone whether you are traveling as a couple, with friends, with family or by yourself.
It Home away from Home. Really hope to go back soon!
Gracias!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We got married in Mexico City on October 22 and we were looking for a cozy and comfortable place to stay. We were lucky and found space available at La Casita del Patio Verde. My in-laws, friends, my husband and I stayed at La Casita.

La Casita is an unique place in the heart of Coyoacan, a great place for those that love to walk, grab a cup of coffee early in the morning or enjoy an evening in the terrace of a local restaurant. La Casita has a priviledged location and it is a beautiful Mexican-style house.

The staff at La Casita was friendly, welcoming and helpful. The breakfast at la casita was delicious; we had fresh fruit, juice, eggs and bread.

In our next trip to Mexico City we will certainly stay at La Casita again.

Room Tip: The cabana room is the biggest if you are looking for a lot of space. All rooms are spacious, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple