3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$81
Agoda.comUS$81
eDreamsUS$81
Trip.comUS$81
TravelocityUS$81
travelup.comUS$95
2,546 results
All reviews sonora grill premium level nice hotel room service walking distance bellas artes excellent stay excellent location business trip i highly recommend this hotel breakfast buffet spacious rooms historic district reforma floor mexico city
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021

The hotel is located right on REFORMA and very near Centro Historic and Alameda park. The hotel has excellent choices to dine and even a Starbucks. The rooms are clean and spacious, but the internet is HORRIBLE. WIFI signal is weak at best, at least in the room I was staying 719. I asked reception thinking there might be a fee associated to stronger WIFI but I was told WIFI was only offered in the lobby. I could not believe a 5-STAR hotel to have only WIFI in the lobby. I have stayed numerous times at hotels very near this one that are only rated 3 STARS and there WIFI is free and fast inside the room of course. I loved SONORA GRILL which I would highly recommend, but I cannot recommend the hotel because if you are staying for more than a day you won't have WIFI to do anything.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank TrailBlazer621372
Paulina Otero Merlos , Propietario at Barcelo Mexico Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear TrailBlazer621372, We sincerely lament reading that your stay was not as pleasant as it should have been and we would be very pleased to welcome you again in the future ensuring you in advance of our utmost commitment to make your next Barceló holiday experience an unforgettable one for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 18 August 2021

What an excellent hotel, perfect location for tourists visiting the city. The pool was great for a swim after a day of walking the Zócalo and Reforma areas. The hotel is modern and clean, and the staff very very helpful and friendly. The tour of Teotehuacan offered by the hotel for 400 pesos was excellent, the guide was very knowledgeable in both English and spanish. Make sure to take the Tribes for 9 dollars they will take you on a 3 hour tour of the city including Polanco. We loved the hotel, it is the vest choice in Mexico City.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mrs. Scottcali, First of all, we want to thank you for choosing our Barceló México Reforma and for the time you have given us to share your comments about your stay. There is no better way for us to know how our guests live their experiences.

Reading about your satisfaction with your experience is undoubtedly a great source of motivation for all of us, and even more so, at this time.

Thanks to guests like you, our company has been dedicated with Ilusión for 90 years to take care of millions of clients on their vacations, their business trips, their meetings and in all the moments they share with us and our staff.

Thanks again for your time, we look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Cordially
Quality manager

Reviewed 3 August 2021

Hotel is centrally located near historical sites and within a secure area that is routinely patrolled by police. The hotel's security staff verifies the identity and purpose of the people who enter the hotel to protect its guest. The service of currency exchange (not the best rates) and rapid covid testing for international flights are found within the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Paulina Otero Merlos , Propietario at Barcelo Mexico Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

Dear Richielopez, We appreciate your comments. It is wonderful to know that you had a more than pleasant experience, but above all that our staff provided exceptional service, at Barceló México Reforma it is the priority of each staff member to exceed the expectations in every way of our guests and to hear that we have been able to do it brings us a lot of joy. On the other hand, we are very happy to read that you have felt safe with the measures we have implemented regarding the current pandemic that we are experiencing, as you know one of our priorities is the safety of our guests and collaborators. We hope to welcome you again the next time and make you feel at home.

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

I stayed here as a recommendation from a friend who lives a few minutes away. The hotel appears to be clean, and the front desk was welcoming when you arrived. I only stayed overnight since my flight arrived late afternoon and I needed to go to San Miguel which is 4 hours away. The lobby has some kind of a wow factor when you come in, and you’re greeted by the doorman politely, taking your luggages with you to the room.
The room is of decent size but there is nothing sticking out for you to say it’s one of a kind. The walls are a bit thin and I am able to hear the person/s above me walking as well. I won’t be able to comment on other facilities since I didn’t use it but it is available. The breakfast is ok, nothing that special. Overall, a comfortable overnight stay.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Franz71, Once again we thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us, please rest assured that the information you have provided will be used accordingly to enhance our future guests' experiences among us and we hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2021

We booked this after a previous conversation with the hotel staff to make sure it was possible to use the facilities the day of check out as we had a late flight. I asked twice to be certain that it was possible and also asked about the pool. When we checked out we were told this was not possible and that we could only use the showers and the lobby and not the gym or pool (unless we paid $50 for a late check out) I thought that with my previous conversations it was obvious that we did not want to just sit in the lobby all day as I had specified the situation and previously asked about the pool!

The cleaners also were constantly knocking at our room for some reason which was irritating and they also woke us up the following morning doing it.

The room was nice and so was the view but I really do not think it was worth the money considering we booked a room for the reasons mentioned and there were cheaper hotels around. It also didn’t even include breakfast

Don’t bother with this one or trust your conversations with staff online

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paulina Otero Merlos , Propietario at Barcelo Mexico Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2021

Dear Livkayhill2021 , We have taken note of your various constructive comments and please be assured that we value all our guests' feedback to be of utmost importance to us and will ensure that the necessary corrective measures are taken accordingly to avoid any similar situations in the future.

Quality manager