“Quick Weekend in Mexico City (CDMX)”

Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan
Ranked #140 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Installations are fine. Rooms are too small (more like Europe style). Minimalist.
Clean and friendly.
The staff over all are helpful but the "policies" is the card of the game. Any thing that you request they mention that "their policy does not allow... " or "Is our policy to...". Which is fine. But my perception is that regular decisions should be made by the manager depending on the situation or how busy the hotel is.
We requested and early check in on Friday, it was accepted and they made us wait for about two hours... Late Check out was requested and it was ok and respected. Prices is good compare to other locations in the area. Neighborhood is not so nice.

Room Tip: Away from the busy avenue
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Gerardo S,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our clean and friendly accommodation. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I have known this property since the 1980s. Constant updates and careful maintenance make it look always like new. Even after a change in ownership this hotel has kept the classic customer service and optimal shape.

Room Tip: on arrival they will let you choose your preference in features...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2016

I "chose" to stay here for one night given that the traffic in Mexico City is notoriously challenging and I had an early meeting nearby. (I could have stayed somewhere else and braved the traffic, but at the time that seemed to be a bit of a gamble).

My overall impression is that this a hotel that caters mainly to local conventions, training sessions, etc. The location is not particularly appealing, although in my case it was convenient for my early morning meeting. (I have to confess that I arrived late at night and checked out early the next morning). The things that I remember (mostly negative) are:
- Rooms are very tired and nothing to write home about. (They actually reminded me of a (university) dorm room.
- Getting hot water out of shower was a bit of a challenge
- The aircon didn't really work. (It is my fault that I was too tired to complain).
- Check in AND check out were a hassle as their credit card reader was not (really) working. Hmmmm. (Say no more)

My understanding is that if you have meetings in this part of town, there isn’t much choice. Sadly, this establishment seems to be the best of a bad bunch. Next time, I shall brave the traffic.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Dear Paisa_on_the_go,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Allow us to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to some aspects of our room accommodations, our bathroom shower, air conditioning system, and the check-in/check-out process. We always strive to provide our guests with comfortable and friendly accommodations and we regret that we did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that we will continuously do our best to always improve so we can accommodate you better in the future. I do hope that you will allow us to welcome you back and give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 April 2016

I had a training course so I was sharing a BIG room. The room itself was really good, though a mini fridge would have made our time. Yet, comfortable bed, clean carpets, bathroom ok.

Breakfast was really good, except that I was not able to try all as I got sick. Dinner buffet was not that espectacular.

Service very friendly, except that the lady who attended me when I arrived never gave me my IHG souvenir when I returned later to give her the number.

Location: It is not the prettiest area, though you are very close to Coyoacan. Easy Metro access and if you use Uber all things will work out.

Room Tip: Go to the 6th or 8th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Holiday M, Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.
We appreciate your loyalty as an IHG® Rewards Club member.
We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Management.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

I stayed at the hotel for 5 days as I was working at the Birdgestone Americas Cup Golf Tournament.

The front desk was amazing a sea of smiling faces all anxious to ensure that we were all checked in with the minimum of inconvenience.
The bell boys were attentive and extremely helpful. Although very busy you were made to feel that you were the only guest at the hotel.
The room was very well appointed with comfortable bedding and plenty of hot water providing you turned on the correct tap.
Conference facilities are plentiful and comfortable

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Holiday M, Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
We hope you will visit us again.

The Management.