I paid this stay with IHG points and I left feeling I wasted those points. The hotel itself to start with the positives is in good condition. Good state of maintenance, the room and bed was good, really dark and quiet and a modern renovated feel to it.
It only had one English TV channel (its the biggest city in the world guys, get better cable). The internet was spotty, I had a big sign outside my room talking wonders about the Wifi featuring Bob the Builder but I only got 2 bars of signal and a 2-3 mbps connection.
Breakfast was subpar, the bartender tended to disappear. One thing that really annoyed me is that even though no one requested a credit card from me they treated me like I wasnt going to pay. We joked with a friend that they kidnapped my laundry for a $3 laundry fee and I had to go to recpetion at 10 PM to retrieve it.
The area did not feel safe. The hotel is the nicest looking thing in miles. Several run down buildings, informal salespeople, boarded up shops around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Mexico CoyoacanOur convenient location provides access to the main areas of the city including 20 minutes to Mexico City International Airport , 10 minutes to downtown and 5 minutes to the Coyoacan Mall & Town.Featuring 214 guest rooms, including junior suites, Jacuzzi suites and master suites, we have rooms available for people with special needs as well as smoking and non-smoking rooms. All rooms are equipped with a TV, cable, air conditioning and heating with independent climate control, safety deposit box, wireless high-speed Internet access , radio alarm clock, hair dryer, coffee maker, ironing kit and voice mail. Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan also features conference facilities for up to 1800 people . The conference area includes Meeting Rooms divisible into 18 separate rooms.Business near hotel:Novartis, Abbott, Sanofi, Glaxo, Eli Lilli, Bristol Myers, GNP, MVS, Centro Bancomer.Attractions near hotel: Coyoacan, Main Cathedral, Templo Mayor, Chapultepec Zoo, Palacio de Bellas Artes, Garibaldi Marichi Plaza, San Angel, Cuernavaca City, Six Flags. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Tlalpan Churubusco Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan Mexico City